Picture People

Relevance Date Difficulty

Studio Associate Interview

Studio Associate
Garden City, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Picture People.

Interview Details – Very ears came in told them i knew photography and knew how to deal with people and the hired me

Interview Question – how would you make a child smile ..   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Associate/Photographer Interview

Associate/Photographer
Amherst, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Picture People in July 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy, they don't need any experience at all. If you are 18 and older and can work whenever they need you.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Photographer Interview

Senior Photographer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Picture People.

Interview Details – The hiring process was very professional. 1st contacted by the location manager then the District Manager for a phone interview. The interview was very positive an getting to know me.

Interview Question – What do you know about the history of the company?   Answer Question

Studio Associate Interview

Studio Associate
Dunwoody, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Picture People in August 2013.

Interview Details – The hiring manager was nice but made the interview a bit awkward. The process took about a week before I was hired. The interview was in the middle of the mall but it was early so there weren't many distractions.

Interview Question – He asked what kind of super power I would like. It was unexpected but fun.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a struggle to start the negotiation. It seemed like my boss tried to avoid the subject.

Studio Manager Interview

Studio Manager
Joliet, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Picture People in October 2009.

Interview Details – Can be a long process, it varies but expect to cheerfull upbeat and creative with you answers , photography expierence is not required but if you do have some you'll have leaverage. you may have to wait over a month for an offer.

Interview Question – Tell me of a customers situation in which you could not make them happy and how you remedied that , what was the out come and what did yo learn from it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Hello , I have good news, we would like you to join us here at PP if your still interested.

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
San Mateo, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Picture People.

Interview Details – Asks personal questions:
What are your strengths/ weaknesses?

Gives a brief summary of what you will be doing: Sales person, photographer, frame photos.

Interview Question – What are some of your weaknesses?
Try to sell blank to me..
  Answer Question

Assistant Manager (Allegedly) Interview

Assistant Manager (Allegedly)

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Picture People.

Interview Details – Applied for the Assistant Manager position online, from a job board posting. Received a phone call the next day inviting me to an in-person interview. Interview was with both the store manager and district sales manager. A minute into the interview I was told that I was not in fact interviewing for the Assistant Manager position which was listed online, but rather an opening for the "Head Photographer". The duties of the Head Photographer did not match up at all with the job description the company had posted. The district manager informed me that the Assistant Manger and Head Photographer positions were one-and-the-same, despite there having been no prior indication of such. Because I did not have any previous experience taking photographs (which I had no reason to suspect was particularly relevant, not having intended to apply for a photographer job), the manager wanted to start as a basic entry-level Photographer. When I asked why the position was listed as "Assistant Manager" when they wanted a photographer, I was told that the Assistant Manager opening was in fact at a different location far outside of reasonable commuting distance, contradicting their earlier explanation. When the issue of salary came up, I learned that the pay for a "management" role was incredibly low.

This company gets abysmally poor reviews on this and similar sites. I went in to my interview hoping that things might be better at my local outlet, but the Picture People's issues are clearly present at the systemic level. Stay away.

Interview Question – Are you willing to work here initially as a Photographer?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Associate/Photographer Interview

Associate/Photographer

I applied online and interviewed at Picture People.

Interview Details – I applied online then received a call a few days later. I came in about 15 minutes early and had to wait around for about 5 minutes before my interview started, but it was generally really laid back. They ask you basic customer service questions like how you would deal with a certain situation and to describe experiences where you have demonstrated good customer service. The interview went well and immediately afterward I was offered to have the final interview with the district manager about a week later. Unfortunately, a family emergency came up and had to cancel that interview.

Interview Question – There was a question about how you would handle a situation if the phone was going off, a child was causing a disturbance, and a new customer walks in. I said I would answer the phone and ask the caller to hold, greet the new customer and let them know I would be with them in a second, and then deal with the child.   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Assistant Manager
Wayne, NJ

Interview Details – 2-3 people, who dont allows say what the job really is

Interview Question – why do you have a tattoo? Are u pregnant, or you need to clean bathrooms   View Answer

Negotiation Details – not available

Sales Consultant Interview

Sales Consultant
Highland Village, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Picture People.

Interview Details – I applied on line and was called in a week for an interview. The interview lasted about 1hr. I was called in another 2 weeks and was offered the job. Given a studio tour and trained on photography and sales.

Interview Question – If you where any kind of animal what would you be and why?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Picture People

Worked for Picture People? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Picture People interview questions and advice. All 24 interview reviews posted anonymously by Picture People employees and interview candidates.