Picture People Interview Questions

Updated Sep 26, 2014
Updated Sep 26, 2014

2.0

Sales/Photographer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Picture People.

just sit outside and talk about why I want to work here, what kind of goal I have in like and etc, pretty standard, manager that interview me didn't end up stay at that branch. Once I got hire was kind of awkward for me since the new manager didn't know what to do with me in the beginning

Interview Questions
    • would you be willing to stay calm with the guest and all time   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Picture People.

Interviewed with Store Manager. Very basic questions. Hadn't worked in 4 years and it was very easy to get in with prior assistant manager experience. Was hired on the spot and told my start date. Had to go through some training... watched a video, taught management duties, learned how to use the camera.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to bring in 3 photos that I took. Spent hours trying to pick out 3 photos and she never asked to see them.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Studio Manager Interview

The questions asked on the interview may be very specific or very vague depending on the position you are inquiring about. Training process is very poor, please go into this place with some knowledge because you will be lost.

Interview Questions
    • If there is screaming kids and the appointment is late, what would you tell them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Picture People in July 2014.

I first applied online. A few days went by and I didn't hear anything so I went in person to check up. I handed the employee I talked to a physical copy of my resume and told me someone would be in contact with me the following Tuesday.

A full week went by without getting a call so again I went in to follow through. They had me fill out a physical application and told me they'd call me the following Monday to schedule an interview.

It wasn't until the following Wednesday I was called and my interview was scheduled for that Friday.
    I went in Friday about 10 minutes early for my interview but my interviewer was about 20 - 25 minutes late to the interview so I wound up waiting a good 30-35 minutes. The first interview was pretty basic and straightforward. The questions were things like if I had worked with kids before, my experience with photography, what I thought the most important part of a studio portrait would be to a customer, and my availability. My pay and hours were discussed with me as well as what to expect in the next interview with the studio manager. I was told I'd be called the following Monday to set up the second interview.

Monday came and no call. On Wednesday I still hadn't heard so I called myself to follow up. I had to wait 5 - 8 minutes for them to get the studio manager to come to the phone. When she did she asked me some basic questions and told me she'd call me back in an hour.

The next day they still hadn't called back so I went in to follow through in person. I waited while they got the manager. She introduced herself to me and my friend (who tagged along) and told me to follow her for my interview. While I was neither dressed appropriately for an interview, nor was I prepared I went to the interview. It started out like my first interview, same questions. Towards the end was when it got worse. She started to really start speaking to me in a rude tone and if she didn't like how I answered some of the questions she'd talk down to me like I was stupid. She then told me I would be tested to see what I could do, where I had 20 minutes to photograph my friend in 18 different poses with three different backdrops.
    While she got my friend registered for the test a family came in with three kids. A five year old and two toddlers. As soon as she had my friend registered into the computer she turned to me and pointed to the family that came in and said "There's your test. Photograph the five year old girl in 20 different poses in 20 minutes". She shows me a few sample pictures taken earlier that day but tells me any poses I saw I can't use. Then she asks what kind of camera I'm used to, in which I reply "Nikon". She tells me they use Canons. She hands me the clients information and the camera and says "Let me see what you can do"
    About halfway through the test she notices the little girl in cooperating with me so she comes over and tells the girl to "not cooperate and be disagreeable", which made the test even harder.
    After the test she then puts the toddlers in front of me and says "here's your second test". Halfway through she stops me and pulls me aside and says "That was horrible! What did you do wrong?" to which I honestly reply that I didn't interact as well as I could with the child. She then scrolls through the pictures I took telling me that each and every one of them was horrible and why it was horrible. Not in a constructive way but in a belittling degrading way telling me all that I had done was horrible. She then turns to me and asks "Do you REALLY think you're cut out for this job" and gets ready to prepare my third test. By that point I'm drained and feeling so discouraged I tell her I can't work here and leave with my friend.

So not only was I expected to do two perfect runs with children without being trained at all and use equipment I wasn't familiar with without any explanation on how to use them (in my first interview I was told I'd be extensively trained to work the with kids and work in a studio), but I was also humiliated, insulted, and treated like I was stupid.

I very seriously suggest if you are thinking of applying here please think again.
    What happened to me was probably the worst experience I've ever had.
    The clients and employee who witnessed it all apologized profusely to me I had to go through that and I was treated like that, and everyone I've talk to about this has said this was a very unfair way to test me.

The company is very disorganized and this studio in particular has a very horrible manager who is very rude.

Interview Questions
    • What would be your noise to attract the attention of a fussy child?   Answer Question

Studio Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Garden City, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Picture People.

Very ears came in told them i knew photography and knew how to deal with people and the hired me

Senior Photographer Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Picture People.

The hiring process was very professional. 1st contacted by the location manager then the District Manager for a phone interview. The interview was very positive an getting to know me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Picture People in October 2013.

Came in with previous expierence in a studio, and with working with kids which impressed the hiring manager. Asked questions about children, studio standards, and how to deal with a difficult customer. I picked up very easily that if I could make her laugh, then I was golden, which I did, and got hired on the spot. Probably also because it was close to holiday season. and I negotiated my pay based on my experience.

Interview Questions

I was offered 8.00, but because of my experience I got it pushed to 8.75, then eventually got up to 10.00 which I'm at now.

Studio Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dunwoody, GA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Picture People in August 2013.

The hiring manager was nice but made the interview a bit awkward. The process took about a week before I was hired. The interview was in the middle of the mall but it was early so there weren't many distractions.

Interview Questions
    • He asked what kind of super power I would like. It was unexpected but fun.   Answer Question
    It was a struggle to start the negotiation. It seemed like my boss tried to avoid the subject.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Mateo, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Picture People.

Asks personal questions:
    What are your strengths/ weaknesses?

Gives a brief summary of what you will be doing: Sales person, photographer, frame photos.

Interview Questions
    • What are some of your weaknesses?
      Try to sell blank to me..
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amherst, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Picture People in July 2013.

Very easy, they don't need any experience at all. If you are 18 and older and can work whenever they need you.

No negotiation