Pier 1 Imports

Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Clifton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

I got a call and went into an interview. It was one on one right in a section in the store. It wasn't as horrible as I was worried it would be. She was nice and asked me details about my former job. She asked if I knew how to sell and made me sell a few items to her and said it was good. Also, she had a set list of questions to ask me and was picking a few. In the end, she seemed really enthusiastic and it was a pretty good interview. She was very detailed and called my references but still I never got a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Please sell me this (ex: a plate or dish or table runner)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports in November 2014.

The online application process is timely, but the interview itself is very simple. The interviewer was extremely nice and professional. It'll help to wear business casual clothes to the in-person interview but it's nothing to get stressed about.

Interview Questions
    • The job is all about time management, nothing difficult but it's really fun!   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview was pretty basic stuff. Why do you want to work here, what is your sales experience, what is your availabiltiy. How did you take a negative and turn it into a positive? I think they have a set interview process which is written down for management to ask. It all seemed that way to me at least. It was a casual and friendly interview. I felt comfortable and was not nervous about it.

Interview Questions
    • How have you turned a negative experience into a positive one?   Answer Question
    There was none.

Pier I Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Got a call and was asked to come in that day. There were 3 other people who were called for an interview but only I showed up so it became a one on one. The store manager explained what I would be doing is setting up new displays in the store. Transitioning from halloween decorations to christmas and new years. Basic interview questions about handling customers and other scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • What was a unique obstacle you most recently overcame?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Getting hired on as a seasonal position is fairly easy as most stores will hire on at least 5-10 people. They ask basic questions such as, Tell me about yourself or why do you want to work for pier 1.

Interview Questions
    • She asked if i read the job description, and what part of it I think i'd most enjoy doing.   Answer Question
    No negotiating. Take it or leave it.

Sales Associate Interview

I submitted a paper application to the store that I was interested in and they called me to schedule an interview within a week or so. I interviewed with the manager and an assistant manger. Both were very pleasant, they asked pretty standard questions about customer service and different situations I'd been in.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had to resolve a customer service issue?   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Stockroom Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports in October 2014.

First I applied on the web site, then they called me a couple of weeks later. Then I did an interview with the sales manager on Sunday. Thought everything went very well. Have not heard back and today is Wednesday.

Interview Questions
    • Are you willing to climb up and down ladders to retrieve furniture and store it?   View Answer

Sales Associate/Stockroom Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports in September 2014.

Ridiculously long interview (group) for a silly $8.00 an hour job. For the amount of time invested in the interview process, one would think I was starting out at 60k a year!

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult, but the process was painful for the compensation.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports in September 2014.

The hiring process was pretty simple. Online application takes a bit of time to answer the assessment portion. The one on one was pretty relaxed and what one would expect. There were some role play questions to measure my level of customer service skills. At the end, I was told that he liked me and he would call me back to see about getting me hired and on the schedule. A couple of weeks later I got the job offer and was advised on my hourly wage based upon my experience.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brandon, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports in September 2014.

I applied online for a seasonal sales associate position and was called about 2-3 days later. They asked me to come to a group interview and I accepted. The interview was very relaxed. Once you arrive, they have you look around the store until everyone arrives. In my situation, the assistant store manager gathered us into the outdoor seating section and had the interview in the middle of the store! Once all the questions were done, he asked us to come back the next day for a role-playing session with the store manager.

Interview Questions
    • I think the most difficult question was how you would deal with an dissatisfied customer.   Answer Question