Pier 1 Imports Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.3

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Went in and filled out the application at the store. Was called the following day for an interview, came in that next day for the interview. This was my first job so I had no experience. I was told to base everything off of my educational experience. They asked the normal interview questi After the interview view I received a call the next day and started that next week.

Interview Questions

• why do u want to work for us?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Interview was pretty easy and straightforward. There was another girl there so we ended up having our interview together and both got hired on the spot. Questions were mostly based on past retail experiences and she asked us how we would handle scenario questions. She said that Pier 1 likes to do role play questions but she decided not to ask us those because she personally didn't think they were effective.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Called shortly after I turned in the application

The manager was pretty rude and seemed entirely disinterested in actually holding an interview. The staff was really unfriendly too, weren't willing to answer questions

Interview Questions

• Using the items in this display, plan a Christmas party   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Baton Rouge, LA) in April 2015.

Interview

Pretty much what you would expect for retail management. Mostly situational questions. I had two face to face and one phone interview. Then one more interview after that. So three regionals nd a manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carle Place, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Carle Place, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The process took about three weeks. When I was called in for the interview, I came in early and the sales associate told me to look around. There was one other person who was in the group interview with me. Overall, she asked basic questions that you would get with any other manager.

Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Lake Forest, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

She went over the position and all the duties. I applied for ASM and that position was already filled. She told me about the Sales Leader position and I decided part time was better for me anyways.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself and how you would fit for the Sales Leader position.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

I had two interviews with different store managers, got the job after the second interview. The first interview was just providing information about the store, while the second interview was based on personal interests and how you can benefit the company.

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports (East Lansing, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

I arrived early and the manager told me to take a look around. Then she came over and she pulled some chairs from the display and we sat in the store. No one was in the store so I thought it was less awkward. It was laid back and pretty easy. She asked general customer service questions and my background and what I am currently doing.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer and position at a different store

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

The process went great. Seems like a great company to work for. We shall see. Interview was short and sweet. Easy answers. Point plank. No beating around the bush. Everything on the table right then and their. No unanswered questions when leaving.Wish I would have been the one that got the job.

Interview Questions

• How many years have you been doing your current role as a supervisor?   Answer Question

Material Handler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview was easy going, relaxed environment. Manager was concerned for the well being of other employees including safety. He wanted employees or staff members who are dedicated to making the company a better place and also those who are task oriented.