Pier 1 Imports Interview Questions

2.3

Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Forest, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports in March 2015.

She went over the position and all the duties. I applied for ASM and that position was already filled. She told me about the Sales Leader position and I decided part time was better for me anyways.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a little about yourself and how you would fit for the Sales Leader position.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

I had two interviews with different store managers, got the job after the second interview. The first interview was just providing information about the store, while the second interview was based on personal interests and how you can benefit the company.

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI
    Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports in February 2015.

I arrived early and the manager told me to take a look around. Then she came over and she pulled some chairs from the display and we sat in the store. No one was in the store so I thought it was less awkward. It was laid back and pretty easy. She asked general customer service questions and my background and what I am currently doing.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer and position at a different store

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports in February 2015.

The process went great. Seems like a great company to work for. We shall see. Interview was short and sweet. Easy answers. Point plank. No beating around the bush. Everything on the table right then and their. No unanswered questions when leaving.Wish I would have been the one that got the job.

Interview Questions
    • How many years have you been doing your current role as a supervisor?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

I was called in for a 20 minutes interview, very basic questions regarding competencies and general personality qualities. I was offered the position on the spot. They were hiring a group of people for the summer, and were in desperate need of help, so that may have contributed to the fast turn around. I had no sales experiences, but that did not seem to matter at all.

Interview Questions
    Very little room for negotiation.

Warehouse Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports in January 2015.

Interviewing process was very pleasant and professional. Had an entire tour of the facility. The lobby was rather small and there really wasn't anyone manning the reception desk which made it kind of awkward. I did have to wait a bit in the lobby before both interviewers arrived. The interviews were pleasant, but the second interviewer really asked deeper questions. I thought everything was going extremely well and I asked some questions which could have backfired, but the response was I was doing well and I had answered all the questions and that there wasn't anything really missing in my skill set.

I really wanted the position, but I wasn't offered one. I had even followed up with formal thank you cards sent by snail mail.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a work related problem and how you did it? What was the outcome.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

I got a call and went into an interview. It was one on one right in a section in the store. It wasn't as horrible as I was worried it would be. She was nice and asked me details about my former job. She asked if I knew how to sell and made me sell a few items to her and said it was good. Also, she had a set list of questions to ask me and was picking a few. In the end, she seemed really enthusiastic and it was a pretty good interview. She was very detailed and called my references but still I never got a call back.

Interview Questions
    • Please sell me this (ex: a plate or dish or table runner)   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports in November 2014.

The online application process is timely, but the interview itself is very simple. The interviewer was extremely nice and professional. It'll help to wear business casual clothes to the in-person interview but it's nothing to get stressed about.

Interview Questions
    • The job is all about time management, nothing difficult but it's really fun!   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview was pretty basic stuff. Why do you want to work here, what is your sales experience, what is your availabiltiy. How did you take a negative and turn it into a positive? I think they have a set interview process which is written down for management to ask. It all seemed that way to me at least. It was a casual and friendly interview. I felt comfortable and was not nervous about it.

Interview Questions
    • How have you turned a negative experience into a positive one?   Answer Question
    There was none.

Pier I Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Got a call and was asked to come in that day. There were 3 other people who were called for an interview but only I showed up so it became a one on one. The store manager explained what I would be doing is setting up new displays in the store. Transitioning from halloween decorations to christmas and new years. Basic interview questions about handling customers and other scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • What was a unique obstacle you most recently overcame?   Answer Question