Pier 1 Imports Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Houston, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied online and relieved a call from the manager about an hour later to set up an interview. It was scheduled two days later with an assistant manager. They got back to me about five days after the interview saying I got the job. I have retail experience so they are paying 8.25 an hour.

Interview Questions

• How would you sell this artwork to a customer?   Answer Question
  • Explain a time about a difficult customer.   Answer Question
  • Talk about a time you had a good shopping experience. How will you provide our customers with a good shopping experience?   Answer Question
  • Talk about a time you went above and beyond with helping a customer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

You complete an application in the store, expect to have free time to sit there and do it. It's pretty easy, just standard retail application. Then if they think you're a possible candidate you get called in for an interview with the manager. My interview was a group one, there were 3 of us and we would be asked questions, take turns answering.

Interview Questions

• why would you make a good addition to our team?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

After applying online on their website, the store manager contacted me via phone to schedule one on one interview. Very friendly/polite manager, asked me general questions in her office/warehouse, then we went on the floor and we role -played. I was talking and selling the product to her. She played the client and asked questions about it to see how I interact with clients. The whole interview took about an hour. I was offered the job after the role-play.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for us? What retail experience do you have? How did you deal with a difficult client?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

The interview process is a 30 minute, face to face interaction with the store manager or assistant manager. The questions are based around customer service and behavioral situations. You are required to describe real life experiences, how you handled the situation, and the outcome. A short role play is conducted so you can get an idea of what the company exPierence standards are and how they expect you to interact with customers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer. What happened and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

They were desperately looking for people because everyone quits... It was a group interview. With myself and 2 others. She just asked what our availability was and if we had customer service expierence. I got the job with no expiernce what so ever. This is My first time working in retail.

Interview Questions

• What is your customer service expiernce   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in July 2015.

Interview

Easiest interview I have had. It was a group interview: me and two other people. The interviewer had us walk around the store and pick out a favorite item. We then had to "sell" the item to her. After that, we were asked about our employment history and questions based on our previous experience. The manger was really nice and welcoming.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Went in and filled out the application at the store. Was called the following day for an interview, came in that next day for the interview. This was my first job so I had no experience. I was told to base everything off of my educational experience. They asked the normal interview questi After the interview view I received a call the next day and started that next week.

Interview Questions

• why do u want to work for us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Denver, CO) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called on the phone and we chatted for about 20 minutes. I was offered the job on the phone. I was asked to come in the next day to complete paperwork and if I could start immediately. I came in, completed paperwork, met with the manager, got my password to their website and an overview of the way things worked. I was asked to set up about 12 hours for initial training which was web based, but only on their computers.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Interview was pretty easy and straightforward. There was another girl there so we ended up having our interview together and both got hired on the spot. Questions were mostly based on past retail experiences and she asked us how we would handle scenario questions. She said that Pier 1 likes to do role play questions but she decided not to ask us those because she personally didn't think they were effective.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Houston, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

The process took two weeks, I applied online and received a call back in three days to set up an interview and when I went it was a group interview between another candidate and I. The interview went well as I was offered the position but THEY DONT ALLOW PIERCING OR VISIBLE TATTOOS.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation needed.