Pier 1 Imports Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Employee in Altoona, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Altoona, PA) in September 2012.

Interview

One interview and hired on the spot. It's about a half an hour. For a minimum wage job it was actually hard and as difficult as one for a salary position.

Interview Questions

• They ask what mistake you made at your previous employment.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiation.

Other Interview Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Anonymous Employee in Conway, AR

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Conway, AR) in May 2014.

Interview

I had an interview with multiple candidates; there were hands on activities that we were requested to conduct in front of the store manager. The interview was great and very different from other interviews that I have been exposed to. The whole interview process took approximately 3 days from the time I applied. I received a call back from the store manager the same day I had my interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to let a person/customer down.   Answer Question

Negotiation

She suggested a better pay rate for my experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

You complete an application in the store, expect to have free time to sit there and do it. It's pretty easy, just standard retail application. Then if they think you're a possible candidate you get called in for an interview with the manager. My interview was a group one, there were 3 of us and we would be asked questions, take turns answering.

Interview Questions

• why would you make a good addition to our team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Carle Place, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Carle Place, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The process took about three weeks. When I was called in for the interview, I came in early and the sales associate told me to look around. There was one other person who was in the group interview with me. Overall, she asked basic questions that you would get with any other manager.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

typical interview questions.It was relaxed and very honest.Yet fun! Manger was really sweet and nice.Started training me during interview process .We went over P1CC informantion.She was very patient in training me.

Interview Questions

• Name a place where you've had a succesful and positive experience.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Falls Church, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

You have to take a online test, that is over 100 questions. You must score at least 70 or more before you are granted an interview. Once the managers see your score they decide if they want to bring you in for a face to face interview. The interview itself was short and to the point.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply to pier 1?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had no idea what sales associates were paid, becuase I had never worked in the retail industry before. So I asked for whatever is standard in the industry, becuase I wasnt there because I need the money. I applied because I needed the experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (New York, NY) in June 2014.

Interview

They do group and individual interviews. I had a group interview because they were opening a new store. They ask you to sell a random item on the table( a wine glass etc). They present you with scenarios and ask you how you would sell, upsell, or reccomend items to the customer. Note: you do not need design skills to work here. Your primary job is just to assist the customer like any other sales associate position. You learn a lot with time.

Interview Questions

• I applied online, got a all for an interview a week later. Was hired within 2 weeks of the interview   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Saint Cloud, MN) in July 2013.

Interview

They will ask about previous work experience. You will have to role play at the end to see how you are on the sales floor. You will be the associate and the interviewer will be a customer, and you will have to approach the interviewer/"customer" and interact and sell as you would if you were to work there.

Anonymous Employee in Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Lansing, MI) in July 2012.

Interview

We didn't go anywhere private. We literally sat in the middle of the store and pulled out two chairs to sit on while customers went about shopping. The assistant manager interviewed me and asked me a few standard questions. After that I thanked him for the opportunity and was called back in a few weeks and was offered a position.

Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (San Rafael, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

On line application admission; contact from Pier 1 if qualified. Sit-down interview with Manager & Assistant Manager for an hour. Introductions, details of the position available, salary, hours etc. List of questions asked and answered. Very welcoming and friendly.

Interview Questions

• How I handle certain occurrences in the retail world; e.g difficult customers. My ability to self start & self motivate. My communication skills   1 Answer