Pier 1 Imports Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carle Place, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Carle Place, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

The process took about three weeks. When I was called in for the interview, I came in early and the sales associate told me to look around. There was one other person who was in the group interview with me. Overall, she asked basic questions that you would get with any other manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Rafael, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (San Rafael, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

On line application admission; contact from Pier 1 if qualified. Sit-down interview with Manager & Assistant Manager for an hour. Introductions, details of the position available, salary, hours etc. List of questions asked and answered. Very welcoming and friendly.

Interview Questions

• How I handle certain occurrences in the retail world; e.g difficult customers. My ability to self start & self motivate. My communication skills   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

I had two interviews with different store managers, got the job after the second interview. The first interview was just providing information about the store, while the second interview was based on personal interests and how you can benefit the company.

Anonymous Employee in East Lansing, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (East Lansing, MI) in February 2015.

Interview

I arrived early and the manager told me to take a look around. Then she came over and she pulled some chairs from the display and we sat in the store. No one was in the store so I thought it was less awkward. It was laid back and pretty easy. She asked general customer service questions and my background and what I am currently doing.

Interview Questions

Got a better offer and position at a different store

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

I was called in for a 20 minutes interview, very basic questions regarding competencies and general personality qualities. I was offered the position on the spot. They were hiring a group of people for the summer, and were in desperate need of help, so that may have contributed to the fast turn around. I had no sales experiences, but that did not seem to matter at all.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in January 2015.

Interview

Very positive and fun. I talked with the manager who was very nice and she asked about myself and we chatted personally for a few minutes before she started to ask me questions. They are looking for happy and friendly people who are comfortable with selling the credit card. Pier 1 is more about selling the card then actual customer service, which seems a little strange to me.

Anonymous Employee in Clifton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Clifton, NJ).

Interview

I got a call and went into an interview. It was one on one right in a section in the store. It wasn't as horrible as I was worried it would be. She was nice and asked me details about my former job. She asked if I knew how to sell and made me sell a few items to her and said it was good. Also, she had a set list of questions to ask me and was picking a few. In the end, she seemed really enthusiastic and it was a pretty good interview. She was very detailed and called my references but still I never got a call back.

Interview Questions

• Please sell me this (ex: a plate or dish or table runner)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Falls Church, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Falls Church, VA) in November 2014.

Interview

You have to take a online test, that is over 100 questions. You must score at least 70 or more before you are granted an interview. Once the managers see your score they decide if they want to bring you in for a face to face interview. The interview itself was short and to the point.

Interview Questions

• Why did I apply to pier 1?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had no idea what sales associates were paid, becuase I had never worked in the retail industry before. So I asked for whatever is standard in the industry, becuase I wasnt there because I need the money. I applied because I needed the experience.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in November 2014.

Interview

The online application process is timely, but the interview itself is very simple. The interviewer was extremely nice and professional. It'll help to wear business casual clothes to the in-person interview but it's nothing to get stressed about.

Interview Questions

• The job is all about time management, nothing difficult but it's really fun!   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

Interview was pretty basic stuff. Why do you want to work here, what is your sales experience, what is your availabiltiy. How did you take a negative and turn it into a positive? I think they have a set interview process which is written down for management to ask. It all seemed that way to me at least. It was a casual and friendly interview. I felt comfortable and was not nervous about it.

Interview Questions

• How have you turned a negative experience into a positive one?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was none.