Pier 1 Imports Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

My interview process was extremely casual. My manager asked about my experiences in college and was interested in my experience studying abroad. I never had an interview like this before. My experience was atypical. The only advice I can give is that you show enthusiasm for the position.

Interview Questions
She said my salary was $9.50 and I said "That's cool." We were both happy with the agreement.

Other Interview Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports in August 2014.

Applied online, quick process. Also had to do an assessment with some stimulated scenarios (kinda fun actually). Some people said this was an hour process, took me about half that time. Got called with in 2 weeks.
    Interview was pretty easy, had a small one over the phone, asked me about last job, pretty standard stuff. At the formal interview she asked me more detailed but standard behavioral questions (tell me about a time).

Interview Questions
    • Explain how you dealt with a difficult customer.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in La Canada Flintridge, CA
    Anonymous Employee in La Canada Flintridge, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports in August 2014.

I put in an application online and they called me the next day to set up an interview. The whole process was very friendly, the manager there was great. It's a 1 on 1 interview just loaded with questions.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember anything exactly, it's all basic stuff. The only thing that was hard for me to answer was something along the lines of how I was going to talk people into getting a pier 1 Imports credit card when they didn't want one.   View Answer

It was a part time job at minimum wage. That's great for someone who lives at home or is still in school, but for me no! Also the fact that you had to get five customers to sign up a month for a pier 1 Imports card and get 30 e-mail addresses from customers just to get the full 20 hours.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports in July 2014.

The application process is completely online. After completing the application, I was directed to an online assessment which took about an hour. Hypothetical customer service scenarios were set up and the best answer chosen. About six weeks after I took the assessment, the manager of the local store called me for an interview at the store. The manager and I chatted a few minutes about an unrelated connection before the interview formally began, so she was able to assess my communication abilities. Beyond that, we chatted about store policies, management policies, expectations, schedules. She was very cordial, polite and personable, and we had a nice connection. She said she had several people to interview and expected to make return calls the following Friday. She surprised me by calling me two days earlier on Wednesday instead! All employees were friendly, and the one I had met earlier at my initial visit remembered me - always a nice bonus!

Interview Questions
    • This was not a technical interview but one to assess personality and fit for the store. The initial, and only question about me was "Tell me about yourself."   Answer Question

I declined because she was only offering a part time position, and I decided after the interview that I wanted to take my career path on a different direction.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Anaheim Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports in July 2014.

I applied online and took a one hour assessment which was basically hypothetical questions and scenarios on handling situations on the job. I called the hiring manager at the store I wanted to apply to and she said she would look over my application. A week later she called to set up an interview with myself and another applicant. The only question she asked was experience of customer service and a little bit about ourselves. A week later she offered me the position as a part time sales associate and a day after I started the hiring process.

Minimum wage

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in July 2014.

I applied online and got a call 4-5 days later to come in for a group interview. There were 4 of us that showed up out of 6. The ASM told us to look around the store while we waited. During the interview they explained dress code and that the position was limited part time meaning no more than 20 hours a week but closer to 16. Asked us each specific experience based questions and went to each person for an answer. Try to say something different then other people. Then they asked if we had questions. They also explain expectations for signing people up for a pier one credit card. Then said they will email you with a rejection or call back for a second interview. I haven't received an email and its 4 days later. She said she still had another group to interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did you handle a situation where you were asked to do something you had never done before   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Group interview, run of the mill interview, 5 of the 6 people in interview were hired, Chrismas is an easy time to get hired and try to become permanent. Take online test,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

At the time (2years ago) you had to apply in store. They had me fill out the application in the sales floor and asked me "why pier one?".

A few days later I got a call to come in for a group interview. I arrived and to my surprise it was just myself and one other person interviewing. Asked about pasted retail experience and customer service, standard interview questions. Then the hard part came, role playing. I'll tell you right now Pier one is big on role playing, we do this every meeting infront of everyone so be sure you're comfortable performing a skit infront of your peers and supervisors. We were asked to roll play a situation where a customer needed help picking out a complete dinner set. Then we we're ask to sell the card to one another. They'll give you time to look over the benefits of the card so you'll be familiar with the selling point, go online and get familiar before the interview it'll be much easier.

Later that day I got a call from Pier 1 and was offered a job.

Did not negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview was fairly expected. I was asked to role play and sell a sofa to my manager. Within 5 days I was hired. There is a lot of training- some things are common sense

No negotiation. Minium wage

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pier 1 Imports in June 2014.

I applied online and was called to get up a group interview. There were three other people plus the manager who interviewed us. We were all asked the same questions and all had a chance to answer. A few days later I received a call that I had the job.

Interview Questions
    • We had to go out in the store and role play (try to sell something to the manager). The manager acted like an interested customer, we had to help her, suggest something, or talk about the P1RCC benefits.   View Answer