Pier 1 Imports

97 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview Details – When i applied it was still paper application. I filled it out in store then talked to the manager for a little. 3 weeks later i get a call or an interview. I had a couple of those until i got a call from the store manger 2 weeks after that.. took a while.

Interview Question – Do you find yourself as creative and why?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview Details – You fill out an application online and if you pass the initial screening you're called for a face to face interview. After the interview I heard back within the week and started about a few days later.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Pittsburgh, PA

I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in May 2010.

Interview Details – It was just your standard interview. Name your strengths and weaknesses, etc.

Interview Question – I didn't find any of the questions to be unexpected.   Answer Question

Rochester, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in March 2013.

Interview Details – I had a connection at the location, so it was not very difficult to secure an interview. I was hired fairly quickly.

Interview Question – How I would sell a piece of furniture (I hadn't worked in retail previously).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation; I was given a flat rate that they said they could start me at.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview Details – Easy interview, behavioral questions mostly hiring manager was very busy at time so it took a bit longer.

Negotiation Details – Given an hourly wage based on experience

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in September 2011.

Interview Details – I walked into the store and asked to speak to the hiring manager. The store manager greeted me with a smile, and told me that they were accepting applications for seasonal employees and gave me a paper application as well as instructions for the online pre-advisor that needed to be done to complete the application. I turned in the application and completed the online portion and within a week, I was called to come in for an interview.

I had a one on one interview with the store manager in her office. She was using a standard form of questions and took notes while I answered her questions. She asked me about my availability, why I chose to apply at Pier 1, and asked me sales scenario questions about customer service.

After she finished with the questionnaire, she gave me feedback on my replies, noting how she translated what I said into what she saw in me as an applicant. She then offered me the position after the interview and I accepted. She gave me a date the following week to come in to complete the hiring paperwork and start training.

Interview Question – After handing me a glass vase that was in her office, she asked "How would you approach a customer who is looking at this item while shopping in the store, and how could you add on to the sale?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't any negotiation, and I had no expectation to be able to with a retail position.

Jacksonville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in May 2013.

Interview Details – When I applied it was in person application followed with an interview. It has since changed to an online application and assesment before you can qualify to an interview with the store manager.

Interview Question – What is your worst part of this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – well in the application they ask you how much you want to get paid, once your hired they show you what they are able to pay you and that is where you agree or discuss what you would think is okay. Its pretty straight forward.

Sales Associate

I applied in-person and interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview Details – Very professional and friendly

Interview Question – Common interview questions, nothing difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in October 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online (which is the only way) and I got called about a week or two before. I went in the interview and there was three other people interviewing with me. We all sat at a table and the manager started out by telling us that this was going to be very relaxed.

She asked some pretty basic questions but she did make us feel at ease with some jokes and a lot of smiling. I can honestly say it was the most stress free interview I had ever been on.

Afterwards, she informed us that it would take up to two weeks to let us know but that would call even if we didn't get the position so we're not waiting. I did however get a call three days later to come in for orientation.

Interview Question – was there ever a rule or task you didn't agree with, whether it be at a job or school; and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not much of a negotiation. I got a fair offer based on my experiences.

Saint Cloud, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in January 2012.

Interview Details – Was recommended by a peer. I was called to come in for an interview. I had server experience prior, but no retail experience. The interview was low-pressure and friendly - just to see how I handled communication and my skills. I was hired a day later.

Interview Question – There were no crazy questions, pretty basic and friendly.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate pay.