Pier 1 Imports Sales Lead Interview Questions

Updated Jul 17, 2015

2.6

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

It was your typical interview. You go online and fill out the application for the job title your interested in. If you meet their qualifications then they will contact you by phone and setup a time to come into the store and interview. You typically will interview the first day with the assistant mananger, if you pass that interview then they will ask you to come back a second day and interview with the store mananger. At the second interview you may be asked to do some role playing on the salesfloor with a manager.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Pier 1 Imports

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Springfield, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process is extremely easy. You apply in store and wait for a call back. You'll meet with the store manager and within that week, you get a call back with a job offer. Be careful working for this company though. All be it fun, management is usually gossipy and there is ZERO room for growth unless you get in good with your district manager. The store managers are not going to push your name to the higher ups...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here at Pier 1 Imports and what skills do you bring to the team?   1 Answer

They offered me a sales associate position instead of sales lead and I was over qualified to be just an associate.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports (Chicago, IL).

Interview

If you are advanced from an associate to a sales lead, expect a conversation with your store manager and regional. Likely your store manager is in a pinch and needs you and/or has recommended you. The interview should go well.

Interview Questions

• In what ways will you contribute to this company's sales target? How will you 'get behind' selling the credit card? Show me how you will take advantage of a coaching opportunity with one of your associates (usually a role play).   Answer Question

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview

A joke. The manager couldn't even come out of her office to interview me.

Negotiation

There isn't any.

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in May 2012.

Interview

Basic review questions. How would you handle a difficult customer? What would you do if you didn't know the answer to a question? Work experience. They would list several customer related scenarios and ask how you would respond to each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something you did wrong and how you handled the situation?   Answer Question

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in April 2012.

Interview

Straight forward interview and skills assessment taken online. Offering video scenarios to consider. Easy going and comfortable interview with behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Asked how I would handle work flow and direct on duty associates during delivery of merchandise.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Offered a set hourly rate for the level of employment.