Pier 1 Imports

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Chicago, IL

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview Details – If you are advanced from an associate to a sales lead, expect a conversation with your store manager and regional. Likely your store manager is in a pinch and needs you and/or has recommended you. The interview should go well.

Interview Question – In what ways will you contribute to this company's sales target? How will you 'get behind' selling the credit card? Show me how you will take advantage of a coaching opportunity with one of your associates (usually a role play).   Answer Question

Sales Lead

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview Details – A joke. The manager couldn't even come out of her office to interview me.

Negotiation Details – There isn't any.

Sales Lead

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in April 2012.

Interview Details – Straight forward interview and skills assessment taken online. Offering video scenarios to consider. Easy going and comfortable interview with behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Asked how I would handle work flow and direct on duty associates during delivery of merchandise.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Offered a set hourly rate for the level of employment.

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!