Pier 1 Imports

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview Details – Basic retail interview with a strong focus on customer service. Really looking for a candidate to be a stand out for talent acquisition, development, and retention.

Negotiation Details – little room for negotiation in salary.

Mobile, AL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in April 2011.

Interview Details – Easy and quick only two interviews.

Interview Question – How do you hold your team accountable?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none.

Gilbert, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in June 2009.

Interview Details – Great process. Professional. Several interviews at various levels. Always called bak when promised. Interviews conducted over the phone with only the final one in person.

Interview Question – What was the most difficult feedback you had to give? What was the outcome?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotions needed.

Store Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pier 1 Imports.

Interview Details – Be prepared to be very specific with your answers, i.e.: instances, names, volumes, outcomes, etc.

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. They tell you what they can do and don't budge much

Store Manager

The process took 3 days - interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in August 2011.

Interview Details – I found out there was a position open on Monster. I applied on line. I waited aproximately 3 or 4 days with no response. I called my local Pier 1, and asked for the DM's phone #, and called her. She was glad to hear form me, said I was on her list to call today. We talked shortly and scheduled a phone interview the next day. I then had a 1 on 1 interview in the store. Everything was looking really positive, but they ended up going with someone else.

Interview Questions

Store Manager

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pier 1 Imports in June 2009.

Interview Details – Very thorough and detailed interview. Always prompt with call-backs. Extremely descriptive about the job and the company. Very enjoyable process.

Interview Question – Describe a situation where you had to receive difficult feedback.   Answer Question

Worked for Pier 1 Imports? Contribute to the Community!