Piercing Pagoda

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

1.3

Sales Associate Interview

I didn't get an interview. But basically you fill out an application,do the questionnaire. Then you would have an interview with the store manager, followed by an interview with the district manager. Once you get approved it takes about 2 weeks to start. This is based on seeing many people who go through the process.

Interview Questions
    • One time I overheard my manager ask them to try and sell jewelry.   View Answer
    include great examples of customer service and sales you've had so they know it would be worth it to invest in you.

Key Holder Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Piercing Pagoda.

You submit a paper application and then the manager called me in for an interview. The interview was very informal and I flt comfortable. She basically asked me the basics Tell me about yourself, What are your strengths and weaknesses, Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker, are you comfortable piercing ears. . . ect. Then about a week later I was scheduled a phone interview with the district manager, it was more conversational than an interview but she did probe to see how long I wanted to be employed they want longevity.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you failed to meet the deadlines?   Answer Question
    They just called me after two weeks and said I had the job and what they were paying me.

Key Sales Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Piercing Pagoda.

no interview, manager knew me

Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Piercing Pagoda.

I filled out an application online and than I filled out a questionnaire. Within 24 hours I got a phone call with the district manager and had a quick phone interview. We set up a time to meet. My interview in person was great. She asked about my experience and then asked me to sell her the bracelet she was wearing. She wanted to see if i knew how to sell something. Afterwards I went home and got a phone call from her saying to be available to speak to her boss in a hour. I had a quick easy phone call with her boss. It was just some basic questions and everything felt very positive. i hung up with her and got an immediate phone call back from the district manager saying I was hired.

Interview Questions
    Easy, they offered what I wanted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kennesaw, GA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Piercing Pagoda in October 2013.

First you have to go to the kiosk in person and get a hard copy of the job application. Then you fill out the application either at the kiosk or at home. Once you finish filling out the application you have to complete an online survey. The online survey consist of questions that revolve around drug use and job performance. When you finish the survey you wait to hear from either from the district manager, the store manager, or the assistant manager. They'll set up an interview with you. How the interview goes depends on how lazy the interviewer is. For example my interview I walked in, gave the manager my job application and resume, and she hired me on the spot. At another location a friend of mine went to the interview and was asked to sell a piece of merchandise to the manager.

Interview Questions
    • Sell this ring to me, and convince me to buy the warranty along with the ring.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Piercing Pagoda.

I stopped by and submitted a hand written resume and application. I was called the next day to set up an interview and hiring less than a week later. Negotiate by with district manager based off if experience. Organized training structure. Organized workplace policies. And earning potential. Good advancement and commission. Great employee discount and gratis.

Interview Questions
    • How do you complete all of your tasks at work in a timely manner?   View Answer
    Negotiate pay with DM who calls to make offer.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Piercing Pagoda.

Easy to talk to manager and district manager, Comminucation type questions. They will expain commision and bonuses and how to pierce ears when you are ready to do that. Easy easy interview

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Piercing Pagoda.

The interview process is very basic. Generally consisting of about 10-12 questions largely focusing on sales and sales experience. Associates genuinely interested in employment should focus on their sales achievements, best customer service stories, and ability to sell. Be honest.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had to deal with a difficult co-worker? How did you handle the situation? What did you do?   Answer Question
    On your application you may enter a rate of pay you would like, but for the most part, the company will offer you whatever is standard for the position at the time.

Assistant Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Piercing Pagoda in October 2012.

I was referred by a friend who already worked there. I was interviewed by the store manager in person on location and then was given a code to take an online personality test. I was then interviewed by the regional manager in person about a week later. She repeatedly asked me if I had any criminal history which was insulting after the second inquiry. I believe they are having an issue with this seeing as they ask you three times.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were all general interview questions. very easy   Answer Question
    Make sure you are firm with your starting rate. They pay everyone different here so make sure you stick to what you want to start at. they will try to get you to start at as little as possible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Piercing Pagoda in October 2012.

First i found out there were hiring online on the mall in brooklyn wed site. I went there and ask the manager if they were hiring and she told me yes and gave me application. she told me i will here from them in a day or too. Then i came in for my initial interview and i passed it so they gave me a wed site to go on to take some test. when i passed it they called me in again for a second interview. but this one was a group interview. they told us we will here from them that same day or the next day. It was really easy.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question all question you will expect from a interview   Answer Question
    no negotiation