Piercing Pagoda Interview Questions

Updated Jan 7, 2015
Updated Jan 7, 2015

1.4

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Piercing Pagoda in December 2014.

Interview

DM did an over phone interview, followed by a face to face interview, second interview was with another DM, and Final interview was with the Regional Manager. All were very professional and honest about the position. STAR based interview. During Q4 (busy time of the year) interview process took two weeks.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiate.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I didn't get an interview. But basically you fill out an application,do the questionnaire. Then you would have an interview with the store manager, followed by an interview with the district manager. Once you get approved it takes about 2 weeks to start. This is based on seeing many people who go through the process.

Interview Questions

• One time I overheard my manager ask them to try and sell jewelry.   1 Answer

Negotiation

include great examples of customer service and sales you've had so they know it would be worth it to invest in you.

Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Piercing Pagoda.

Interview

You submit a paper application and then the manager called me in for an interview. The interview was very informal and I flt comfortable. She basically asked me the basics Tell me about yourself, What are your strengths and weaknesses, Tell me about a time you had a conflict with a coworker, are you comfortable piercing ears. . . ect. Then about a week later I was scheduled a phone interview with the district manager, it was more conversational than an interview but she did probe to see how long I wanted to be employed they want longevity.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you failed to meet the deadlines?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They just called me after two weeks and said I had the job and what they were paying me.

Key Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at Piercing Pagoda.

Interview

no interview, manager knew me

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Piercing Pagoda.

Interview

I filled out an application online and than I filled out a questionnaire. Within 24 hours I got a phone call with the district manager and had a quick phone interview. We set up a time to meet. My interview in person was great. She asked about my experience and then asked me to sell her the bracelet she was wearing. She wanted to see if i knew how to sell something. Afterwards I went home and got a phone call from her saying to be available to speak to her boss in a hour. I had a quick easy phone call with her boss. It was just some basic questions and everything felt very positive. i hung up with her and got an immediate phone call back from the district manager saying I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Sell me the bracelet I am wearing.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Easy, they offered what I wanted.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Piercing Pagoda (Kennesaw, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

First you have to go to the kiosk in person and get a hard copy of the job application. Then you fill out the application either at the kiosk or at home. Once you finish filling out the application you have to complete an online survey. The online survey consist of questions that revolve around drug use and job performance. When you finish the survey you wait to hear from either from the district manager, the store manager, or the assistant manager. They'll set up an interview with you. How the interview goes depends on how lazy the interviewer is. For example my interview I walked in, gave the manager my job application and resume, and she hired me on the spot. At another location a friend of mine went to the interview and was asked to sell a piece of merchandise to the manager.

Interview Questions

• Sell this ring to me, and convince me to buy the warranty along with the ring.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation

Key Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Piercing Pagoda (Santa Clarita, CA).

Interview

I stopped by and submitted a hand written resume and application. I was called the next day to set up an interview and hiring less than a week later. Negotiate by with district manager based off if experience. Organized training structure. Organized workplace policies. And earning potential. Good advancement and commission. Great employee discount and gratis.

Interview Questions

• How do you complete all of your tasks at work in a timely manner?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiate pay with DM who calls to make offer.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Piercing Pagoda.

Interview

Easy to talk to manager and district manager, Comminucation type questions. They will expain commision and bonuses and how to pierce ears when you are ready to do that. Easy easy interview

Interview Questions

• What would be your best trait   1 Answer

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Piercing Pagoda.

Interview

The interview process is very basic. Generally consisting of about 10-12 questions largely focusing on sales and sales experience. Associates genuinely interested in employment should focus on their sales achievements, best customer service stories, and ability to sell. Be honest.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with a difficult co-worker? How did you handle the situation? What did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

On your application you may enter a rate of pay you would like, but for the most part, the company will offer you whatever is standard for the position at the time.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Piercing Pagoda in October 2012.

Interview

I was referred by a friend who already worked there. I was interviewed by the store manager in person on location and then was given a code to take an online personality test. I was then interviewed by the regional manager in person about a week later. She repeatedly asked me if I had any criminal history which was insulting after the second inquiry. I believe they are having an issue with this seeing as they ask you three times.

Interview Questions

• Questions were all general interview questions. very easy   Answer Question

Negotiation

Make sure you are firm with your starting rate. They pay everyone different here so make sure you stick to what you want to start at. they will try to get you to start at as little as possible.