Piggly Wiggly Carolina

Administrative Assistant Interview

Application only.

NA

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Piggly Wiggly Carolina.

Filled out application on online and went in the next day to introduce myself. Asked routine questions. Got hired that day.

No. Minimum wage.

Co Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Piggly Wiggly Carolina.

Was hired as part time and promoted through the years

Interview Questions
    • Did I know when I needed to take time off to be at my most productive?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Deli Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mount Pleasant, SC

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Piggly Wiggly Carolina.

I was interviewed by the Deli Manager and the Regional Deli specialist. They both asked me detailed questions about what I would be doing in my day to day job and how the kitchen culture was. It was very interesting to hear their descriptions of the job and the real creative freedom I would be given. I feel that their description accurately matched the job.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked 'What is your favorite thing to cook?' this may not seem like a difficult question but anyone who has worked in food service knows that it is difficult to answer, I tailored my answer to the traditional southern cuisine that I have been trained quite intensively in, i also feel that this may have been somewhat fishing for something.   Answer Question

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charleston, SC

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Piggly Wiggly Carolina in December 2011.

YOu will interview in Carleston SC with human resources, you may also interview with the district manager. You will need to put an application on line, and even a resume fi you have one. any college experience helps with the process

Interview Questions
    • What do you think that you can bring to piggly wiggly?   Answer Question

Stock Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Piggly Wiggly Carolina in August 2010.

I walked in and filled out an application. Upon presenting the application to customer service, I was asked to wait to interview with a manager. The manager appeared about 10 minutes later, and we talked in his office. he gave a brief overview of the job and its expectations. He admitted that the per hour starting wage was not very good, but indicated that raises come quickly to those who do an outstanding job (a lie). he also talked about the great benefits package, which in fact was average at best. he then asked when I could start work, and hired me.

Interview Questions
    • Are you able to do a lot of lifting?   View Answer
    • Do you know what rotating backstock means?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamston, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Williamston, NC

The process took a dayinterviewed at Piggly Wiggly Carolina in January 2008.

I recently submitted an application but I did not receive a call. I decided to visit the manager and I asked him what was the status of my current application. He said he received several applications and did not have the time to look over any. He asked me why did I want to work there. I explained my situation. He liked my response and he told me that he would like for me to come fill out some paper work to start working the next week.

No negotiations.

Cashier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Piggly Wiggly Carolina in July 2009.

IIII walked in to Piggly Wiggly and put in my application. I assumed that they had so any applications floating around that they would just ignore me but as soon and I turned it in, They saw that I had experience working at a Piggly Wiggly when I was in high school. Got an interview and started working all on the same day that i turned in my application!

Interview Questions
    • Do you have anything else to do that may stop you from working? I.e. Childcare., another job. college   View Answer