Pilgrim's Pride Interview Questions

Updated Aug 12, 2015

2.1

Senior Internal Auditor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Pilgrim's Pride (Greeley, CO) in August 2015.

Interview

Executioner I and executioner II - this was less of an interview and more of an execution. Initially I was contacted by a recruiter from out of town, as I'm based in another state. Obviously, my location is included on my resume. I discussed my concerns about the position with the recruiter and these concerns were communicated. I was told that the managers insisted on moving forward with the interview because they liked my experience and would take into consideration my concerns. However, the interview was anything but professional or even friendly.

Interview Questions

• There was only one interview question and the conversation quickly spiraled down. I have never had an interview experience like this - even with companies that weren't very interested, the discussion was at least pleasant. This seemed like an attack. For an organization coming off of significant issues around internal controls over financial reporting I was expecting a little less arrogance - obviously, its not the organization's fault that the interviewers had issues.   1 Answer

Safety Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Pilgrim's Pride.

Interview

Group Interview - skills testing for Computer, Personality test, background check, many of the same questions from each over and over again but the HR asked this question and I use it in interviews today it is a great insight into their work ethics.....One stated to me once she wanted to be Smurfette - as she liked to be the center of attention... No hire for me.

Interview Questions

• If you could be any cartoon character who would you be and why?   1 Answer

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Live Oak, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pilgrim's Pride (Live Oak, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I met recruiters at a career fair at my local University and they were the only recruiters who seemed to be willing to hire on the spot and were very enthusiastic and open about that possibility. Recruiter took my information down and said he would call me to schedule a visit. He called me finally and said he wanted to schedule a visit for a Thursday. I agreed and Thursday came and he did not call. I called him the next day and he apologized and said he would call me Saturday. Saturday came and he called later than the time he specified but scheduled a visit with me for the following Monday. The call scheduling was a nuisance and he seemed rather incompetent. I was offered the job upon my visit that Monday.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Pilgrim's Pride.

Interview

Three month process from filling out application on the online system to having an interview and getting hired. Already worked there in another department so I was familiar with everything.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They told me how much I would make and when I would start...no deviation from the numbers.

Planning Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pilgrim's Pride.

Interview

Interviewed by one person in upper management with tour of plant and informal talk as if you already have the job. Not impressed and they didnt seem to worry about selection. They only seem to worry about filling the position and not at all with who is filling it.

Negotiation

Negotiations were informal.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Pilgrim's Pride.

Interview

received a call and could not talk at the time. Politely asked for a phone meeting for that same afternoon. I called back at planned meeting time and received only voice mail.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pilgrim's Pride.

Interview

Was a over the phone interview. Then a face to face. They didnt ask questions really. just talked about themselves. You dont even have to study the company to do the interview.

Interview Questions

• Few people interviewing me talked about leaving the company. For greener pastures.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pilgrim's Pride.

Interview

I had a phone interview initially. I then interviewed with the HR manager after about a month. Then I interviewed with the plant manager. A few days later he called back with an offer. I accepted. The process was prolonged because of the Christmas holidays and New Years.

Interview Questions

• Nothing hard. Just be yourself and let them know what you bring to the table.   Answer Question

Quality Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mayfield, KY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pilgrim's Pride (Mayfield, KY) in June 2014.

Interview

The woman conducting the interview completely ignored the job titles I applied for as well as my shift preferences. I preferred either first or second shift with a number of job titles, yet she still placed me with 3rd shift in a department I asked to avoid. I found out later that day that at least 30 people were hired in the same time for day shift or 2nd shift and several into departments I asked about.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to work in hot and cold environments, lift and or push at least 40 pounds, and stand for an entire shift?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pilgrim's Pride.

Interview

Wonderful experience! Great management with kind hearts. The interview was down to earth and they gave off a positive vibe that let me know that they really wanted to get to know me. I was fortunate for the tour and the in depth information they gave about the company. They seem to really want the best for the employees.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think we're seeking managers with a college degree?   Answer Question