Pillar Hotels and Resorts

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pillar Hotels and Resorts

Van Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pillar Hotels and Resorts in May 2010.

Hotel was still being built. Julie, the manager, was precise and to the point. Told me that day that I was hired if I passed back ground and drugs. After leaving, I came in and was told Kane Kennedy was interviewing for a Van Driver. We visited and I think we had instant report. we discussed pay and I told him I would not work for $9.00. I left and the desk lady (Mary) insisted I take it that he was stubborn and would not budge. I went back and took his offer. I have been very happy that I did. (I still want another $1.00)

Hired me for $10.00 an hour. I left for a while and Kane Kennedy would only pay me $9.00. I tried to get more because of previous experience but he would not budge.

Van Driver Interview

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pillar Hotels and Resorts in August 2011.

Basically a sit down with the General Manager. The GM got a feel for me, liked what he/she saw and offered me the position. I was honest with the GM. He/she could see that I worked very hard at past jobs and liked my persistence and motivation. I called back a couple times to ask them for an interview. I finally got one after the third call. I passed the Background check and Drug Screening and started work the next week.

Interview Questions
    • Can you see yourself cleaning up the hotel when you are not driving the van? That is one of the position's main responsibilities.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Standard entry-level job.