Pillar Hotels and Resorts Van Driver Interview Questions

1.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pillar Hotels and Resorts

Van Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pillar Hotels and Resorts (Arlington, TX) in May 2010.

Interview

Hotel was still being built. Julie, the manager, was precise and to the point. Told me that day that I was hired if I passed back ground and drugs. After leaving, I came in and was told Kane Kennedy was interviewing for a Van Driver. We visited and I think we had instant report. we discussed pay and I told him I would not work for $9.00. I left and the desk lady (Mary) insisted I take it that he was stubborn and would not budge. I went back and took his offer. I have been very happy that I did. (I still want another $1.00)

Negotiation

Hired me for $10.00 an hour. I left for a while and Kane Kennedy would only pay me $9.00. I tried to get more because of previous experience but he would not budge.

Other Interview Reviews for Pillar Hotels and Resorts

Van Driver Interview

Application

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pillar Hotels and Resorts in August 2011.

Interview

Basically a sit down with the General Manager. The GM got a feel for me, liked what he/she saw and offered me the position. I was honest with the GM. He/she could see that I worked very hard at past jobs and liked my persistence and motivation. I called back a couple times to ask them for an interview. I finally got one after the third call. I passed the Background check and Drug Screening and started work the next week.

Interview Questions

• Can you see yourself cleaning up the hotel when you are not driving the van? That is one of the position's main responsibilities.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Standard entry-level job.