Pilot Flying J

Relevance Date Difficulty

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Tallapoosa, GA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pilot Flying J in March 2014.

Interview Details – I actually got there 30 minutes late to my interview because I could not find it. I was new to the area. She just asked me my past work experience and then said she liked my personality because I smile alot and I got the job. There wasn't really anything to it.

Interview Question – There wasn't any difficult questions that I remember, just smile and answer honestly.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I could work any hours any day of the week, there wasn't any negotiations made.

Retail Manager Interview

Retail Manager
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Pilot Flying J in December 2013.

Interview Details – First I applied on the internet. Then the recruiter called me for a phone interview. Went very well, lasted about 15 minutes. I was setup for a per-employment test.

Interview Question – I am not good at testing on the internet. Regardless of my 21 years experience in this business, I failed the test. No personal interview with anyone.   View Answer

Retail Manager Interview

Retail Manager

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Pilot Flying J.

Interview Details – Had a phone call interview that lasted less than 5 minutes. I had been applying for a Retail Manager position and was called for a guest service supervisor level 2. I was informed before the interview process began that it was going to be $12.50-$13/hour, well under what i had been making. The interview ended there and I was asked no further questions.

Interview Question – None. The only questions asked were about my previous job history and then if I was interested in the Step 2 Supervisor position.   Answer Question

Retail Cashier Interview

Retail Cashier
Eloy, AZ

I applied in-person and interviewed at Pilot Flying J.

Interview Details – Filled out a paper application and turned it in to the manager on duty. The interview process consisted of a tour of the facility, an overview of the daily tasks expected for completion, and a brief orientation to the POS register system. Once these were over I was put in front of a register.

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Quartzsite, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at Pilot Flying J in December 2012.

Interview Details – The hiring/interview process was 3 hours long. GM hires on the spot which sometimes leads to hiring unreliable people.

Interview Question – Not really any difficult/unexpected question. This particular location hires much too fast and has a high turn over rate   Answer Question

Deli Shift Lead Interview

Deli Shift Lead

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pilot Flying J.

Interview Details – Applied online. Interviewed with the store manager and was asked to meet with the District Manager a week later. Offered a position at the end of the second interview. Typical interview asking about my history,

Pilot Flying J Purposely Lies to ITS Applicants Interview

Pilot Flying J Purposely Lies to ITS Applicants
Dallas, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Pilot Flying J in January 2014.

Interview Details – I received an invite to go to a Pilot Flying J job fair and interview event in Dallas, Texas. The invite was very specific, stating they were hiring for managers, co-managers, and shift leaders. Coming from a management background, I attended the interview/job fair with great intentions. However, the recruiting manager quickly informed me they were NOT HIRING for any management/leadership positions. Instead, they wanted hourly floor workers to run all night shifts and holidays. There is no reason to mislead applicants like this, except to get better qualified people in hopes that they are desperate. Pilot Flying J is preying on the unemployed and trying to take advantage of their situations. This was not a mistake and I have the proof in form of my formal invite. Do not be fooled like I was, this company is unprofessional at best. Thank you for wasting my time and lying to me (and several other applicants) Pilot Flying J!

Interview Question – The first questions I was asked was how much money I make now....   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They lied about the positions being offered, and therefore the pay was way too low.

Travel Center Manager Interview

Travel Center Manager
New Haven, IN

I applied online - interviewed at Pilot Flying J in March 2012.

Interview Details – the interview was casual and extremely laid back. Not what I expected from a company of this size. A lot of time was spent talking about the culture of the company and the integrity of the owner.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary for this position.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I told them how much I wanted for the position. After 24 hours I received an offer letter for the exact amount.

Travel Center Manager Interview

Travel Center Manager
Indianapolis, IN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pilot Flying J in January 2009.

Interview Details – There are approx. 4 interviews in the process. Starts with recruiter, then to the District Manager, then the Human Resources Manager, and the last is the Divisional Vice President. The questions are behavioral based.Many of the questions were based on if you like reputation? The questions were asked in many different ways to get you to answer differently. They like Big Box Managers.

Interview Question – Describe a time when your integrity was in question and how did you respond?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – My Salary, within a couple thousand. My vacation time, I was able to get an additional week immediately.

Co Manager Interview

Co Manager

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pilot Flying J.

Interview Details – I received a call from a recruiter who did an initial phone interview. I was then set up for a job preview/interview with both the GM and Region Manager. I felt that the interview itself was not structured enough, a little too informal.

Interview Question – I don't recall any questions that were difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question