Pima County (Arizona)

Relevance Date Difficulty

Data/Crime Analyst Interview

Data/Crime Analyst
Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pima County (Arizona) in March 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out County application. Received email from the dept with time/date. Was led in by an EEOC rep who explained process. Sat in front of 3 beefy but handsome guys with the title of the dept written in giant letters behind them; they advised me to relax but I couldn't.

Interview Question – Talk about your experience doing statistical analysis and writing reports (it wasn't unexpected; it was difficult because it's been awhile). The questions were very broad and there was no give-and-take. They asked; I answered. It was very unnatural   Answer Question

Administrative Support Specialist Interview

Administrative Support Specialist
Tucson, AZ

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pima County (Arizona) in September 2008.

Interview Details – H.R. reviews every app to see if you make the minimum qualifications, and you won't get past that process to speak with the dept. you will interview with unless you know someone important (or has decided they want you). Usually a group of at least three people ask you questions, and all panel members will score your answers. An H.R. rep. watches the process they say for equitable treatment of applicants. When all applicants are seen the scores for each are totaled, and if there is a clear winner that person will be contacted by H.R. later with an offer of employment. The panel members are not necessarily people you will be working with or for, but generally at least one of them will be your possible future boss or co-worker.

Interview Question – A technical question was asked that I had little knowledge of, but I guessed and guessed right.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – The pay rate is posted to applicants in advance; good luck getting more than the base offer. You can ask, but 3% is probably the best you will obtain, if that! The County does not pay well. People used to say you worked for the County for the pension, health benefits, and generous time off. However, none of those are as good as they used to be.

Very Difficult Interview

County Attorney Office Administrative Interview

County Attorney Office Administrative
Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pima County (Arizona) in January 2010.

Interview Details – Application process consisted of a skills test in basic office skills. Was called for an interview before a panel that asked set questions to all candidates. The questions asked for specific experience in the field.
I felt that a decision had already been made and the was interview tailored to the pre-selected candidate. Other candidates were only interviewed to meet legal requierments.

Interview Question – What is your specific experience with the legal software from company A, company B, and company C.   View Answer

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Pima County (Arizona)? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pima County (Arizona) interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pima County (Arizona) employees and interview candidates.