Pima County (Arizona)

Pima County (Arizona) Interview Questions

4.3

Data/Crime Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pima County (Arizona) in March 2013.

Filled out County application. Received email from the dept with time/date. Was led in by an EEOC rep who explained process. Sat in front of 3 beefy but handsome guys with the title of the dept written in giant letters behind them; they advised me to relax but I couldn't.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about your experience doing statistical analysis and writing reports (it wasn't unexpected; it was difficult because it's been awhile). The questions were very broad and there was no give-and-take. They asked; I answered. It was very unnatural   Answer Question

County Attorney Office Administrative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pima County (Arizona) in January 2010.

Application process consisted of a skills test in basic office skills. Was called for an interview before a panel that asked set questions to all candidates. The questions asked for specific experience in the field.
    I felt that a decision had already been made and the was interview tailored to the pre-selected candidate. Other candidates were only interviewed to meet legal requierments.

Interview Questions
    • What is your specific experience with the legal software from company A, company B, and company C.   View Answer

Administrative Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tucson, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pima County (Arizona) in September 2008.

H.R. reviews every app to see if you make the minimum qualifications, and you won't get past that process to speak with the dept. you will interview with unless you know someone important (or has decided they want you). Usually a group of at least three people ask you questions, and all panel members will score your answers. An H.R. rep. watches the process they say for equitable treatment of applicants. When all applicants are seen the scores for each are totaled, and if there is a clear winner that person will be contacted by H.R. later with an offer of employment. The panel members are not necessarily people you will be working with or for, but generally at least one of them will be your possible future boss or co-worker.

Interview Questions
    • A technical question was asked that I had little knowledge of, but I guessed and guessed right.   View Answer
    The pay rate is posted to applicants in advance; good luck getting more than the base offer. You can ask, but 3% is probably the best you will obtain, if that! The County does not pay well. People used to say you worked for the County for the pension, health benefits, and generous time off. However, none of those are as good as they used to be.