Pimco Account Associate Interview Questions

3.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pimco.

Three words: prepare, prepare, prepare! If you do not have a background in fixed income, macroeconomics, capital markets, etc., then you have a lot of preparation required ahead of you. Although the firm has expanded its offerings into active equities and alternatives, the cornerstone and foundation upon which Bill Gross built the PIMCO empire is still Fixed Income! Make sure you ramp up (or brush up) on your grasp of the financial markets (from duration and convexity for bonds, to P/E ratios and multiples for equities).

One-sided.

Other Interview Reviews for Pimco

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pimco in March 2012.

This was a pretty basic interview where I was mainly asked questions about where I worked and some general market information. It was quite simple.

Interview Questions
    • Question about the market, if inflation is increasing then what would governments do.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pimco in August 2011.

The process started with a gentleman from HR doing an phone interview with me. He was very polite and this was more of a phone call to guide me in the right direction as to how prepare for later interviews. After that, there was one more phone interview with an account associate followed by a super day. Interviews were very macroeconomics and economics and finance current events and outlook (fixed income) oriented.

Interview Questions
    • If no one trusts the big 3 ratings agencies, and they are not accurate, how do you suggest we change this system?   Answer Question
    The company is very stiff when it comes to negotiating, but on the other hand I was happy with their first offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pimco in August 2008.

first round, meet and greet with a few technicals and a computer screening. if you dont know vlookup then dont apply. 2nd round meet with manager, more technicals, 3rd round - super day. meet with senior management, management, and associates. brutal technical round. come prepared to discuss macro view, and know fixed income math and concepts well