Pinkberry

Pinkberry Shift Lead Interview Questions

2.0

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Shift Lead Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pinkberry.

They asked me general interview questions. It wasn't hard, and I only interviewed with one person. The manager called me back a week later and I got the job. Just review the typical "Tell me about a time..." questions and you should be fine. They don't cal the references.

Other Interview Reviews for Pinkberry

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pinkberry in June 2013.

This is a scam interview because the G.M wants Shift Lead with experience base posted on craigslist.com or indeed.com and referral on Email.

On interview site only they want "No Experience" and letting all "Experience" persons go home and wait for the phone call

1. They will put in a groups 3-4 interview each other.
    2. They will give you a paper to write for imagination letter present to the General Managers.
    3. They gonna selected "No Experience" only 3-4 persons. and the rest wait for the phone call.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pinkberry.

One face-to-face interview. I had responded to an ad on Craigslist and was called a few days later. We set up and interview for 3 days after that. I came in and the interview took about 10 minutes total. She didn't have any set questions, and had only asked about my pervious employment (like pros and cons).

Interview Questions
    Pretty non-negotiable, but the compensation is fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pinkberry in May 2012.

Sit down with the general manager. Name a time when you felt frustrated what did you do to over come this frustration? If you saw someone stealing at the store what would you do?
    If you are closing and you saw one of your co-workers taking drugs to stay awake what would you do? They basically present scenarios and they want to see what your reaction would be?

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation, you can get a raise but they base it off of how long you've been working there and how good a worker you are.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

The process took a weekinterviewed at Pinkberry in April 2011.

I had seen an add on Craigslist, so i replied with a resume and cover letter. The people that were there DID NOT LOOK PROFESSIONAL AT ALL. The majority of the group were high school children. The person replied that the interview would be at least 3 hours long. The interview process was 2 hours and 45 mins long. They asked that we interview the person next to us and introudce that person to the group. Then you were asked to make a commerical asking "Why do customers come first?" THEN....we were asked to do an advertisement on "cups". Once the group interview was done then the manager of the Store, Trainer and Supervisor asked indivdual questions.

YOUR DESK, CAR, AND BEDROOM which one do you clean first?
    Describe the Pinkberry experience in less words as possible.

The advsied that they only PAY $8.00, which I thought was ridiculous!! However, that was for team members. Forunately for me I did not apply for the team member position, I Applied for Team lead position.

Once the inteview was over, they called everyone in one by one and advised them that they would be caling them back in 3 weeks when the store opens.

However, when I went in they advised me that I was the first employee of my particular area. I was very excited and they told me that during the mean time I would be assisting with events, office duties and such until the store opens.

The people were very friendly and very polite. Very welcoming and created a nice atmosphere during the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pinkberry in June 2010.

I found an ad on Craigslist advertising for Swirler, Shift Leader, and Management positions for the South's first Pinkberry location. The ad was placed before the store had opened. In it, it stated that applicants should email their resume to email address posted, and asked to explain how they know of pinkberry. Anyhow, I was interested in a shift leader position because I had 3 years of experience in cafe food sales.So I emailed my resume and told them that I knew of Pinkberry due to its popularity among Hollywood stars.

Ten days later, I was given a canned response from Pinkberry. In the email, there was a word .doc application attached. I had to fill the form out and once it was received they would phone me to set up an interview. They called me, the day after I sent the application, but I missed the phone call. I called back a few times but got no response. I assumed they were busy because they were looking to open in two weeks. So I emailed them and they setup an interview with me this way.

The interview as an "audition." When I arrived I was in a group with about 20 people, most of them were teenagers and there were a few older people. After we got settled in, the managers told us that the interview would be "American Idol-esque." Next they gave us a sample of the yogurt. They gave us some information about the health benefits and the history of the company. After their speech was done, we were told that we are going to do a 30 second commercial about Pinkberry. They gave us about 15 minutes to get our thoughts together than called us individually to present our commercial to the class. Nearly everybody's commercial talked about how healthy pinkberry. Mine was no exception. Honestly, no one had a brillant presentation and everyone was pretty shy. After our presentations management divided us in two groups. Than they dismissed one group and kept the other. I was in the dismissal group.

The accepted group was full of young teens, looking for their first job and one lady in her early 30s. I was okay with not getting a job because I didn't like the yogurt and found the store too cramp. Not to mention they had already hired the shift leads and were offering swirler position at $8 per hour.

Interview Questions
    • What would you say if you had to make a commercial for Pinkberry?   View Answer