Pinnacle Airlines

Updated Aug 8, 2014

Average Difficulty
9 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Detroit, MI

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines in July 2012.

Interview Details – There are 3 stages, and after each stage they will let you know if you move on to the next round. The first is based on your application, appearance and a written test. Second, they have scenarios for you to act out and questions for you to answer in front of the interviewers and the remaining applicants. Lastly, they do a one-on-one interview that was brief (and everyone from my group was offered a position by the third stage).

Interview Question – Just be able to answer many questions about customer service and how you interact with people. There aren't many technical questions, and to be honest, none of the questions were very difficult.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines.

Interview Details – Interviews are held at Pinnacle bases and are walk-in with no invitation needed. If you are hired, you will know that day.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines in March 2013.

Interview Details – I attended the open house/info session. After the session, you take an assessment. Then you're asked to stand up in front, talk about your customer service experience, then read out loud the pre-flight announcement. If you're selected, you'll do a 1 on 1 interview. They hire on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to handle an incident with a coworker who did not agree with your actions. What did you do?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time you witnessed a coworker breaking a policy on the job. How did you respond?   View Answer
  • Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   View Answer
  • Have you ever been convicted or found guilty, even if the charges were dropped?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Flight Attendant

I applied online and interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines.

Interview Details – Cattle call, listen to a long winded bunch of garbage, learn nothing other than $1.40 per d an hour. Management can not answer any questions about 401K or cost of medical insurance-said just changed and do not know-what a company

Reason for Declining – Because management is not honest and the benefits are bad, the pay is the lowest in the industry. I am waiting for my other interviews to finish and have one offer from antoher regional that I am willing to fly to work for, better than this -you will not make money- you can get one evening flight to ORD overnight for $1.40 an hour and then have an early flight back in the morning for less than one hour and sit around and wait for a few hours at $1.40 to have another short flight-run if you can to another opportunity. Look at Glassdoor and see show the upper managers took several hundred thousand increase, one took a 40% and the other a 60% to cut others who depend on the low income to feed family members.

Detroit, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines in July 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online. I then received an invite to a hiring event. In the email it gives details on what to bring, where to go and what time. After checking in I proceeded through to the conference room where a large group of applicants waited. The recruiters and flight attendants then came through and introduced themselves. They gave a small presentation on the job, salaries and the companies history. Once this was completed we all were then asked to leave the room and advised a list of names would be left outside the room. Those who were listed remained. The next step we were given a question. We had to each stand up in front and answer it as best we could. At the completion of the answer we had to read an announcement. Once everyone was done we were then told to leave the room. There would be another list of names outside with a specific time when they would be interviewed.

Interview Question – Questions are pretty straight forward. Scenario type questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None required

Very Easy Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person - interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines in August 2008.

Interview Details – You will be interview by possible a panel of three. Do not worry, if your breathing they will hire you.

Interview Question – Don't expect any, if your breathing they will hire you   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Slap a chain around my neck and I became an indenture slave.

Flight Attendant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines in April 2011.

Interview Details – it was cary but ieverything donw made sense this job is all about handling personality

Interview Question – whats your favorite color   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – the negotiations were fair and very reasonable

Memphis, TN

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines in July 2010.

Interview Details – You start with a group setting where they give a detailed information session. After a short break you come back in and everyone has to go up and introduce themselves to the group. After this you go to lunch and return to see if your name is listed for an interview. If so, you return at the specified time for a 1-1 interview. The star method is used in this interview. Simple experience questions. If you pass they give you an offer at the end of this interview.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for pinnacle airlines?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online initially and then was sent an email invitation to attend the "Flight Attendant Open House" in Atlanta. Doors opened at 7:30am and closed at 9am. There were about 40 - 50 people attending th event. We were asked to bring a copy of our online application, passport and driver's license. Prior to the presentation everyone was asked in small groups to go over to the next room over and your application was checked as well as your passport and driver's license. These items were checked by an administrative person from the Atlanta office and a current Flight Attendant. If your name on your driver's license did not match EXACTLY your name on your driver's license you were asked to step aside and your docs had to be reviewed by the head recruiter. If you use a middle initial on your dirver's license then your passport cannot have the name spelled out either. You are told this is now a TSA requirement and that if selected to move forward with training then you will have to show proof from the DMV that this change has been made so that docs match. It is much easier to have DMV match what is on your passport. Meanwhile the base managers are reviewing all the online applications that have been turned in. No one asked for a resume. Next the presentation began with a video that is on the Pinnacle website and then a power point presentation on the new hire training program, flight attendant duties and responsibilities and required HR doc. The head recruiter was the primary speaker and we were told their training program is 23 total days in Memphis with 2 days off. You must pass all tests with 80% or better. A stipend of $400 will be paid if training is completed. After presentation there was a time for Q & A. Everyone was then asked to leave the room and we were told a list with the candidates they wanted to ask back would be posted on the wall outside in fifteen minutes. Around 14 - 17 people were asked to return after break for individual introductions and flight attendant announcements then another 30 minute break and another list posted with who they wanted to individually interview. Starting pay is $15.50 first 6 mo. then it goes to $17.52 and then to $19.01 at one year.Pinnacle expects a true committment and they said "Honor in Your Work" and need to have a serving heart. First time out at an open house and it was an interesting experience.

Interview Question – Are you willing to relocate?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pinnacle Airlines

Worked for Pinnacle Airlines? Contribute to the Community!