Pinnacle Airlines Interview Questions

2.5

Pilot - First Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines in January 2014.

Very professional. It was a one day process starting out with a company outline. Testing completed the morning session. Interviewing in the afternoon -that's if you pass the tests!

Three tests:
    1.Cognitive - I personally didn't get anything out of luminosity but others may. Just READ and FOLLOW the instructions. Each section has a practice session before it to make sure you understand. Be good at doing several little activities at the same time (Just like you do on an instrument approach down to minimums)

2.Personality - Just put down what you feel.

3.Job knowledge - This is what you can prepare for. I had 12 days and that did not seem sufficient but I am the type that wants to answer every question correctly. You will only hear pass or fail results. Know aerodynamics, performance, turbine engines, and the rules of thumb. Know the AIM as well. Basically don't go memorize specific answers like you would the ATP written but have fundamental understanding and know how to apply it. Most the answers for me came from my college studies and but that was me.

4.Interview - 3 panel interview. My group was very relaxed and non-confrontational. Standard "what if" questions. Tended to drive to what they perceive your weak areas and how you would overcome if hired.

Overall; be serious, get plenty of rest the night before, and show your passion for aviation.

Even though it is a challenging process, it is well worth it. It is what you put into it.

Class dates

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines.

Interviews are held at Pinnacle bases and are walk-in with no invitation needed. If you are hired, you will know that day.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

A&P Mechanic Interview

Very hard Interview all types of questions about a&p school

Flight Attendant Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines.

Cattle call, listen to a long winded bunch of garbage, learn nothing other than $1.40 per d an hour. Management can not answer any questions about 401K or cost of medical insurance-said just changed and do not know-what a company

Because management is not honest and the benefits are bad, the pay is the lowest in the industry. I am waiting for my other interviews to finish and have one offer from antoher regional that I am willing to fly to work for, better than this -you will not make money- you can get one evening flight to ORD overnight for $1.40 an hour and then have an early flight back in the morning for less than one hour and sit around and wait for a few hours at $1.40 to have another short flight-run if you can to another opportunity. Look at Glassdoor and see show the upper managers took several hundred thousand increase, one took a 40% and the other a 60% to cut others who depend on the low income to feed family members.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines in March 2013.

I attended the open house/info session. After the session, you take an assessment. Then you're asked to stand up in front, talk about your customer service experience, then read out loud the pre-flight announcement. If you're selected, you'll do a 1 on 1 interview. They hire on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to handle an incident with a coworker who did not agree with your actions. What did you do?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you witnessed a coworker breaking a policy on the job. How did you respond?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   View Answer
    • Have you ever been convicted or found guilty, even if the charges were dropped?   View Answer
    No negotiation.

Aircraft Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines in February 2013.

After extensive networking, I was able to secure a phone interview. The interview was thorough and direct. We covered the essentials of weather, including the 1,2,3 rule and the phases of a thunderstorm. The interview then focused on my ability to interact with others in a stressful environment and some of my personal background.

Aircraft Dispatcher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines in February 2013.

After posting a resume' online and making a phone call (after some online research) I got a call after just less than a week later I got a call back and they did an over the phone interview. The interview consisted of wx questions, alternate airport minimas, and what would you do if a flight crew reported an emergency. What was your most stressful moment and how did you handle it type questions.

Interview Questions
    • HR questions are always a toughy and they asked me 2 or 3 of these.   View Answer
    Pinnacle is under a TWU contract so there is no negotiation

Pilot Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines.

I was called and asked if I wanted to interview. I went to the interview, watched a presentation, took a test that is basically the ATP plus emphasis on operations regarding high altitudes and critical wings, and had a few personal interviews with HR and Union Reps.

Interview Questions
    • There were multiple questions on flying and other situations. One common one was, "What would you do if after an overnight at an out station, you smell alcohol on the breath of your Captain as you are getting into the hotel van to go to the airport?   Answer Question
    There are no negotiations. All pay and work rules are defined in our union contract.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines in July 2012.

I applied online. I then received an invite to a hiring event. In the email it gives details on what to bring, where to go and what time. After checking in I proceeded through to the conference room where a large group of applicants waited. The recruiters and flight attendants then came through and introduced themselves. They gave a small presentation on the job, salaries and the companies history. Once this was completed we all were then asked to leave the room and advised a list of names would be left outside the room. Those who were listed remained. The next step we were given a question. We had to each stand up in front and answer it as best we could. At the completion of the answer we had to read an announcement. Once everyone was done we were then told to leave the room. There would be another list of names outside with a specific time when they would be interviewed.

Interview Questions
    • Questions are pretty straight forward. Scenario type questions.   Answer Question
    None required

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Pinnacle Airlines in July 2012.

There are 3 stages, and after each stage they will let you know if you move on to the next round. The first is based on your application, appearance and a written test. Second, they have scenarios for you to act out and questions for you to answer in front of the interviewers and the remaining applicants. Lastly, they do a one-on-one interview that was brief (and everyone from my group was offered a position by the third stage).

Interview Questions
    • Just be able to answer many questions about customer service and how you interact with people. There aren't many technical questions, and to be honest, none of the questions were very difficult.   Answer Question

Worked for Pinnacle Airlines? Contribute to the Community!