Pinnacle Foods

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.8

Technical Role Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Pinnacle Foods in January 2015.

Standard interview questions without any tricks or surprises. Lack of any feedback / communication post-interview (as mentioned by other reviewers) is a serious opportunity for this company. Multiple attempts to retrieve status updates were ignored by an HR Manager who specifically stated that such information would be provided at the appropriate time.

Interview Questions
    • No particularly challenging / unexpected questions. "After having read the job posting, what do you see as being the greatest hurdle for yourself as an applicant for the role?"   Answer Question

Packaging Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pinnacle Foods.

HR screen phone interview followed by a day of 1 on 1 interviews with managers and directors of several departments. Second call back interview with additional directors and ability to ask more detailed questions about the company and culture. An online competency survey and the ability to meet really passionate people in an dynamic environment.

Interview Questions

The people and company seemed to be a great fit for me. I was very excited about the opportunity but I had also interviewed for an internal role with a lot of growth potential. I decided to take the internal role.

Senior Demand Planning Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Pinnacle Foods in July 2014.

You will receive a phone screen, initial interview, Caliper assessment, follow up interview and an offer if selected. The Talent Acquisition was very helpful in the hiring process and I felt very comfortable with the interview panel. If they are interested you will be kept in the loop during the entire interview process.

Interview Questions
    • I did not receive either. The questions were standard interview questions that a job seeker should be prepared to answer.   Answer Question
    Straight forward negotiation; received 3 weeks vacation as a start. Very decent benefits package.

Senior Director Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pinnacle Foods in July 2014.

Applied online followed by HR phone screen leading to in-person interviews. Interviews with 5 people in one day without any breaks which was a long day - but the conversations were productive. Each person was pleasant and the interviews went well. No feedback for almost 3 weeks then asked to return to meet one other person. Following that - no contact.

The actual interview process was as expected however, I was incredibly disappointed at the lack of professional courtesy by not informing me of the organization's decision to not move forward with me. I expected a simple one- sentence email, at the very least, to inform me of their decision but it never came. That speaks volumes about the organization!

Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pinnacle Foods in July 2014.

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days
    HR person emailed me for a phone interview. She told me she would set up another phone interview with Hiring Manager within 2 weeks but I never heard back from her. I sent her follow up emails but she didn't respond.

Technical IT Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry, IL

Nothing matters now since the company was sold in May 2014 and will be entirely absorbed by a Chicago based Hillshire brands.
    The interview was a joke because the managers that speak with you are totally incompetent, so whatever you tell them with confidence and authority will work for you.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult or un-expected questions. Because the management does not know what they are talking about, the questions were very general, like "Have you done this? Have you done that? Where do you see yourself in 5 years? etc" Meaningless.   View Answer

Associate Food Scientist Interview

people are very laid back but professional. just be honest and straightforward and stick to what you know.

difficult to negotiate

Trade Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Pinnacle Foods.

Very long. 5 interviews.

Associate Food Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Green Bay, WI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pinnacle Foods.

8 people - 30 minutes each with most interviewers. Plenty of time with head of dept. Generally people were very nice. Some interviews done in person, while some were done by phone with headquarters in NJ. There were typical questions regarding experience and why I was considering leaving my current company.

Interview Questions
    • Why would a single person like yourself want to move here (to location of Wisconsin facility)?   Answer Question

The WI location was not a place that would have worked for me. I probably would have been more interested in working in NJ, and could not see myself living in the very small city (almost country) atmosphere of where I visited in WI. I wanted to live in a place where there was a lot more to do, besides hunting, fishing, and football.

Line Worker Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pinnacle Foods.

Initial application via online application; 1 phone interview; Personal interview

Interview Questions
    • Would you be willing to "balk" the union if a strike was immenent?   Answer Question