Pioneer Natural Resources

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

2.3

Senior Applications Analyst Interview

I applied the job online, got an interview within two weeks. The interview lasted a few hours. I was interviewed by different group of people. I got an offer within another two weeks. Very quick response time.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Pioneer Natural Resources in November 2014.

Interview was laid back if not a little un organized. Most of the interview panel was late and did not really have a system for asking questions. They posistion has been posted for nearly six months and they sounded as if they had no idea what they wanted the person to do. HR rep did not appear to really look over resume as she was asking questions about information that was already provided.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Most of the questions appeared to be pulled out of think air.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

First round interview on campus, second round on-site in Midland. The interview was very conversational, and they were more concerned about cultural fit than skills. The onboarding process is a bit of a mess. Some other candidates didn't receive an offer letter or know they were hired until after getting invited to an orientation. Many candidates never heard back at all. Some hiring managers make mistakes, such as promising sponsorship to international candidates and then withdrawing the promise after the orientation session.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were very easy with the intent to learn about cultural fit.   Answer Question

Facilities Engineer Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Pioneer Natural Resources.

I will agree with others on this message board. The interview process was a little off. Started with a panel of three, then a VP, then an HR guy. Each segment lasted 45 minutes and seemed very rushed. Towards the end the interview was wrapped up quickly and I was rushed off to my car and then to the airport. Not that the interview was really difficult or anything. I was also well qualified for the job.

One interviewer was really intense.. He wasn't bad, just not very welcoming. Everyone else seemed really nice though.

The whole thing was kind of whirlwind.

From what I could tell Pioneer seems to be a really awesome company to work for. Their benefits were great and the work seemed like it would be really fast paced (which I like).

In the end I heard nothing at all back despite writing follow up emails and a few calls. I gave up trying to communicate after a few attempts. Out of 5 interviewers I couldn't get one returned email or call.

It was very disappointing as I was really looking forward to taking the opportunity if it had been offered. Overall, Pioneer seems like it would be a really great place to work.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers kept getting hung up on why I had left a previous job. I explained the reasoning but for some reason we kept coming back full circle.   View Answer

Environmental Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pioneer Natural Resources in September 2014.

Very thorough interview process. Started with a phone interview and was invited to the site for a second interview. On site interview was with two people, although one just sat there.

Engineer Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pioneer Natural Resources.

The interview felt extremely rushed. There was HR man and a young engineer. The questions would have been simply about my resume but the HR man kept getting side tracked and would talk to the engineer about unrelated topics while I sat and watched. I was asked a question about my work experience but the man began talking to the engineer about something else again. He then tried wrapping up the interview before I could even answer the question. Not very professional at all.

Interview Questions
    • Didn't really have any as the interviewers were simply having a conversation in front of me.   Answer Question

Director Facilities Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pioneer Natural Resources.

Preliminary recruiter interview followed by phone interview with Hiring Manager. Very impersonal and dry. By the end of the interviewed I stop caring about the job.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions just seemed like they were in a rush and isn't bother to really listen. Never got word from them at all, very unprofessional.   Answer Question

Geophysicist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pioneer Natural Resources.

College recruitment interview. Very laid back, getting to know you interview. Not much on the technical side. Really want to see your communication skills and passion for your work. If you are coming out of college with little or no experience you HAVE to intern first. Internship is open ended but generally three months. You must make a presentation at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really. Tell me about your thesis work?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pioneer Natural Resources.

On campus interview. Attended an information session the day before. Was very casual conversation, not heavily behavioral. Emphasized discussing points on the resume, and just being able to carry on a good conversation with them. I was not notified for a while until I emailed them a month later to be updated on the status.

Interview Questions
    • No particular difficult question, just be able to explain things on your resume and be able to carry on a conversation with them.   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pioneer Natural Resources in October 2012.

Received through campus recruiting. Interview was very laid back, mostly based on resume. No technical questions were asked. If possible, attend an info session to learn more about the company. Make sure you know why you would want to work for them. Received an offer two days after my interview. Very pleased with the process, my contacts were very approachable and provided quick responses to all of my questions.

Interview Questions
    Didn't try. Outstanding salary & relocation bonus.