Pipeline Software

Relevance Date Difficulty

Primavera Consultant Interview

Primavera Consultant

Interviewed at Pipeline Software

Interview Details – I have seen their job and software products and services postings for a while in multiple places, indeed, linkedin, network groups, and on twitter so I decided to send my resume in even though I am happy with my current employer. I have never had much luck with companies getting back to me as in most cases applying for positions seems like a black hole. To my surprise within an hour I received a call from their hr. He seem to be very knowledgeable in the Primavera Consulting space and even mentioned a couple of names of others that I know well. I did like that fact that it didn't feel like your typical interview but more along the lines of building a initial relationship and he showed concern for my career path and gave me realistic expectations in proceeding in the interview process. It has been a little time since the first call and I still get follow up calls frequently from him. I just wanted to share this positive experience.

Interview Question – If you were the CEO of a Software company producing profits, what would you be doing with your time?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Irvine, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pipeline Software in June 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring manager was incredibly specific, responsive and detailed - in fact, one of the best interview experiences I've ever had in that regard. There was no guessing or speculating on details with this guy, to the point of him repeating the specific requirements of the job several times. While it was overkill, there are so many companies in this job market that don't maintain that level of communication, and from an interviewee perspective, it was extremely appreciated. I felt like there was a respect level that some companies just don't convey when interviewing prospective employees and I certainly see that it would continue if I had worked there. The people I interacted with in the office were extremely friendly and polite. The office is nice, small and very quiet. I felt very comfortable.

The major determining factor was the salary. The level of experience and knowledge required for an individual to be successful in a position such as this one warranted a much higher base compensation than offered. It's a small company and the executives wear many hats. That being said, they seem to do relatively well and it seems they could offer more for a position like this, where it's basically the marketing manager position and there's no other marketing staff. Average positions in this same vein pay at least 25% more and higher - that's a big discrepancy and hard to overlook. I liked the company, liked the people and think the job sounded interesting, but the pay was just extremely low for the responsibility and amount of work. Maybe they could find a college grad looking for a wide range of experience like this.

Side note, the CEO was an INCREDIBLY charming and charismatic guy (not to mention intelligent), but he shook my hand by grasping my fingers. This is a HUGE no-no to female professionals...it gives the impression that he doesn't put women on the same level as men. From speaking to him, it'd be surprising to me if he really felt that way, but that's the impression it conveys. I'm tempted to send him an email telling him not to do it again...but I don't have the chutzpah!

Interview Question – Describe a comprehensive marketing campaign from start to finish, the channels or media used, and the result and whether or not it met expectations.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Pipeline Software? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pipeline Software interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Pipeline Software employees and interview candidates.