Piper Jaffray

Average Difficulty
23 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Piper Jaffray in December 2011.

Interview Details – I saw the job on my collegeg website and applied. I had a phone interview and was then invited to interview in Minneapolis. I saw 5 people that day and was told I would hear back from them next week. Inever heard back from PJ again. I tried to call HR contact 3 times and no one would return my call. If they went to all of the trouble to set up 5 high level interviews for me, why could they not even let me know I did not get the job? Worst HR experience I have ever had.

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Investment Banking Associate
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Piper Jaffray in December 2011.

Interview Details – It was an interview at Piper with the Investment Banking recruiter that went over all the responsibilities that were expected of the position.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness   View Answer

Investment Banking Associate Interview

Investment Banking Associate
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Piper Jaffray in October 2010.

Interview Details – I bet the company at a career fair and I was flagged for an interview on campus. They asked a lot of quantitative questions ranging from simple questions like calculate a DCF, how do you value a company, what are the different financial statements, to harder questions like which line items are effected by depreciation. There was also a behavioral aspect to it.

Interview Questions

• What are the ways in which you value a company?   View Answer
  • Take me through the different financial statements   View Answer

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Piper Jaffray in June 2009.

Interview Details – 3 Interviews - 1st phone interview with HR, 2nd interview met with Administrative Manager in person, then final interview to meet with the group.

Negotiation Details – Declined 1st offer as it was too low, didn't think they would come back with a higher offer but they went up $7k more on base salary.

Interviewed at Piper Jaffray

Interview Details – On Campus interview that was entirely behavioral based. Invited to superday that same week, mostly behavioral again with a a few technical.

Interview Question – Typical valuation questions   Answer Question

Interviewed at Piper Jaffray

Interview Details – Got in contact through campus recruiter...first round phone interview, basic fit questions (why banking etc...). 2nd round super day, 4, 2v1 interviews at office. Mostly fit questions, a couple techs.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where faced an ethical dilemma?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Piper Jaffray in February 2012.

Interview Details – Starts with resume drop, if your resume gets the nod, then it's a phone interview with an analyst. It's mostly fit, getting to know you, with some technical questions. If it all works out, then it's onto the second round superday at the office in which you're applying for. It's a 4 hour affair at superday with back-to-back interviews with multiple individuals at the firm, ranging from senior bankers to junior bankers. Depending on the person, it'll either be fit based or technical based. It's a pretty relaxed process, as relaxed at it can be for an investment banking position that is. After the superday, you'll find out within a week or two.

Interview Question – Why Piper?   View Answer

Summer Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Piper Jaffray in February 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, conducted a first round phone interview.
Asked standard questions like "Why bankin""why Piper Jaffray" as well as "Walk me through a DCF"

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Investment Banking Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Piper Jaffray in October 2010.

Interview Details – The interview expected each candidate to know the intuition behind valuation models and explain why specific ratios will not work (wrote on white board). Half technical & have behavior. Explain why you passionately want to work for Piper and have good work experience.

Interview Questions

Research Assistant Interview

Research Assistant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Piper Jaffray in April 2009.

Interview Details – I got a phone call from a recruiter and SHe had gotten my name from a coleague. THe job offered more compensation but I would have less challenging responsibilities and less room for growth.

Interview Question – What is your day to day at your current position?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Piper Jaffray