Piper Jaffray Investment Banking Analyst Interview Questions

3.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Piper Jaffray in January 2013.

Initial phone call followed by standard superday. Pretty conventional

Other Interview Reviews for Piper Jaffray

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Piper Jaffray in October 2013.

Applied through on-campus recruiting, had 1st round interview. Was called back for superday that same week. Flew up to SF and interviewed with 9 MD's, 1 associate and 1 analyst. All interviews were 2v1.

Interview Questions
    • Walk me through a DCF.
      What is the cost of money?
      How does $x depreciation effect the 3 statements?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Piper Jaffray in December 2011.

I saw the job on my collegeg website and applied. I had a phone interview and was then invited to interview in Minneapolis. I saw 5 people that day and was told I would hear back from them next week. Inever heard back from PJ again. I tried to call HR contact 3 times and no one would return my call. If they went to all of the trouble to set up 5 high level interviews for me, why could they not even let me know I did not get the job? Worst HR experience I have ever had.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

On Campus interview that was entirely behavioral based. Invited to superday that same week, mostly behavioral again with a a few technical.

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Piper Jaffray in October 2010.

The interview expected each candidate to know the intuition behind valuation models and explain why specific ratios will not work (wrote on white board). Half technical & have behavior. Explain why you passionately want to work for Piper and have good work experience.

Interview Questions

Worked for Piper Jaffray? Contribute to the Community!