Piper Jaffray

6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Piper Jaffray in January 2014.

Interview Details – They asked a number of technical questions about: dcf, comps, analysis, data analysis, transactions, premiums, working cap, equity market, credit markets, M&A.... everything under the sun. And the whole time it was just question after question about technical information. And the interview process was pretty straight forward. You know, your typical IB interview process, but stress on technicals

Interview Question – What is a cororalte loan obligation?   Answer Question

Charlotte, NC

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Piper Jaffray in February 2014.

Interview Details – I had a two on one interview with two analysts. The interview was all fit, no technical questions were asked. It lasted about half an hour and both interviewers were extremely nice. Good experience overall.

Interview Question – All fit questions about my resume and why I am interested.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

Interviewed at Piper Jaffray

Interview Details – Very friendly process. I had practically no finance experience and Piper was my first finance interview of the banking recruiting process. I learned a lot in their process, actually, since each interviewer asked similar questions to his or her predecessor. The advantage was that if I screwed up in one interview, I would know the right answer in the next. They're completely okay with you making mistakes so long as you're open to learning. Personality mattered a ton -- I really, really liked those folks.

Interview Question – One of my interviewers was a former economics PhD student, and we went way into the theory behind the risk free rate   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Offer from a bulge bracket

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Interviewed at Piper Jaffray

Interview Details – Got in contact through campus recruiter...first round phone interview, basic fit questions (why banking etc...). 2nd round super day, 4, 2v1 interviews at office. Mostly fit questions, a couple techs.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where faced an ethical dilemma?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Piper Jaffray in February 2012.

Interview Details – Starts with resume drop, if your resume gets the nod, then it's a phone interview with an analyst. It's mostly fit, getting to know you, with some technical questions. If it all works out, then it's onto the second round superday at the office in which you're applying for. It's a 4 hour affair at superday with back-to-back interviews with multiple individuals at the firm, ranging from senior bankers to junior bankers. Depending on the person, it'll either be fit based or technical based. It's a pretty relaxed process, as relaxed at it can be for an investment banking position that is. After the superday, you'll find out within a week or two.

Interview Question – Why Piper?   View Answer

Summer Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Piper Jaffray in February 2011.

Interview Details – Applied online, conducted a first round phone interview.
Asked standard questions like "Why bankin""why Piper Jaffray" as well as "Walk me through a DCF"

Interview Question – Walk me through your resume   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Piper Jaffray

Worked for Piper Jaffray? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Piper Jaffray Summer Analyst interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Piper Jaffray employees and interview candidates.