Piper Jaffray Summer Analyst Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  Minneapolis, MN
Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Piper Jaffray in January 2014.

They asked a number of technical questions about: dcf, comps, analysis, data analysis, transactions, premiums, working cap, equity market, credit markets, M&A.... everything under the sun. And the whole time it was just question after question about technical information. And the interview process was pretty straight forward. You know, your typical IB interview process, but stress on technicals

Other Interview Reviews for Piper Jaffray

Anonymous Employee  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Piper Jaffray in February 2014.

I had a two on one interview with two analysts. The interview was all fit, no technical questions were asked. It lasted about half an hour and both interviewers were extremely nice. Good experience overall.

Interview Questions
    • All fit questions about my resume and why I am interested.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Very friendly process. I had practically no finance experience and Piper was my first finance interview of the banking recruiting process. I learned a lot in their process, actually, since each interviewer asked similar questions to his or her predecessor. The advantage was that if I screwed up in one interview, I would know the right answer in the next. They're completely okay with you making mistakes so long as you're open to learning. Personality mattered a ton -- I really, really liked those folks.

Interview Questions
    • One of my interviewers was a former economics PhD student, and we went way into the theory behind the risk free rate   Answer Question

Offer from a bulge bracket

Summer Analyst Interview

Got in contact through campus recruiter...first round phone interview, basic fit questions (why banking etc...). 2nd round super day, 4, 2v1 interviews at office. Mostly fit questions, a couple techs.

Summer Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Piper Jaffray in February 2012.

Starts with resume drop, if your resume gets the nod, then it's a phone interview with an analyst. It's mostly fit, getting to know you, with some technical questions. If it all works out, then it's onto the second round superday at the office in which you're applying for. It's a 4 hour affair at superday with back-to-back interviews with multiple individuals at the firm, ranging from senior bankers to junior bankers. Depending on the person, it'll either be fit based or technical based. It's a pretty relaxed process, as relaxed at it can be for an investment banking position that is. After the superday, you'll find out within a week or two.

Summer Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Piper Jaffray in February 2011.

Applied online, conducted a first round phone interview.
    Asked standard questions like "Why bankin""why Piper Jaffray" as well as "Walk me through a DCF"

Interview Questions

Worked for Piper Jaffray? Contribute to the Community!