Piraeus Data Interview Questions

3.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Piraeus Data

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Piraeus Data in February 2012.

I had a 1:1 interview with 3 separate people. The interview took a little over an hour. I was very excited about my prospects, as I was told I was perfect for another position I hadn't even applied for. I followed up a few weeks later and was told they were still working on it. Now, more than a month and a half later, I haven't heard any news about my prospects and haven't gotten any responses to my follow up email.

Interview Questions
    • How did you hear about Piraeus, and why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

PM Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Piraeus Data in September 2011.

Very nice group of people. They asked challenging questions during the interview, but everyone is friendly and seems to want to see you succeed. The interview took place over a period of 3 afternoons, culminating in a team lunch so I could see how I liked them and vice versa. Everything was quite professional. My only warning to anyone interviewing here is that the offer paperwork presents the position as a "full time, salaried position with Piraeus Data." However, the positions are only vendor contracts primarily with Microsoft--if funding gets pulled, you are out of a job, just like any other staffing company.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a specific time you handled unexpected issues while managing a project to keep it on track. (They use the 'historic' method to get an idea of how a candidate handles projects.)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Piraeus Data in November 2009.

I contacted Piraeus through Craigslist, had two phone interviews and an in-person interview. The first phone interview was with the Sales Coordinator; it was pretty standard, the types of questionst that anyone asks. The second phone interview was a 5-minute presentation (I had 3-4 days to prepare) given to the Sales Coordinator and a VP; and the in-person interview was a one on one with the same VP -- it was a very casual and comfortable conversation. The sales coordinator was friendly and honest, and the VP was approchable and professional. The office space was very open and quiet the first time I went in, with a few people collaborating on a project together. A lot of people were away on the eastside working on projects, since it was the middle of the week. There were a few people joking around in an office across from where my interview was. Everyone was dressed business casual or a little fancier. The walls are glass by the way... :) Advice I'd give a new employee: Do your homework for the interview, be honest, professional, and friendly, jerks generally get weeded out pretty quickly, negotiate your wage, and know what value you can bring to the table and what you skills you want to expand.

Interview Questions
    • If you could advise me to use a certain product for x service, what would you say?   View Answer
    I came into this position from a social work and non-profit background and the amount I was offered was clearly better than anything I'd had before. If I would have known better though, in the beginning, I would have negotiated for higher pay to start out with. ;)