PitchBook

Updated Oct 22, 2014
Updated Oct 22, 2014

2.9

Intern Interview

I got a contact by LinkedIn whether I wanted to work as an intern. It was impressive that CEO messaged me personally and after that, HR contacted me. HR asked me several behavioral questions and went through resume. Did not really ask any technical question.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever used the p.e database provided by pitchbook data?   Answer Question

Sales Team Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PitchBook in October 2014.

When I applied, I got a quick response for a phone interview, then a few days later an invitation for an onsite interview. I was e-mailing the girl I was talking to regularly, and even when I thought I was going to be late, I was good at communicating that I may have been late and apologized. I thought the interview went well, the people I met with were great and easy to talk to. But after I finish, I was escorted out immediately, I didn't even get the chance to ask some follow-up questions. I e-mail both people I talked to after the interview, thanking them for their time and asking when I would hear back. I received an automated response the next day saying I did not get the job. I appreciate at least getting an e-mail, but seriously, an automated response?? I've been communicating directly with each person and I couldn't just get an e-mail back saying, "thanks for your effort, but not at this time." I was really interested and excited to possible be a part of that company, but it's quite unprofessional to send an automated message.

Copy Editor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PitchBook.

Great company with great opportunities listed, but difficult interview process.

I was contacted by a recruiter over email about my resume and providing writing samples for the position, and about setting up an interview. The recruiter then set up a date and time to speak with me. Unfortunately, that date and time came, and she never called to speak with me. I sent two follow up emails to her that day, and she responded, apologized and set up a new date and time to speak. The new date and time came, five days later, and she never called. I sent two more follow up emails to her that day, and she called back more than an hour after our scheduled time and left a voicemail saying she wanted to reschedule, but she did not apologize for missing that call. I sent her another email stating that I was disappointed, but still willing to speak with her as I was extremely interested in the position. We set up another date and time to speak, two days later, and she missed that call today as well.

Extremely disappointed in this process.

Business Development Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at PitchBook.

Pretty standard interview process. General questions including What do you know about venture capital and private equity?, Why would you be successful at our organization?, What makes you stand out as a candidate, and What do you know about PitchBook?

Interview Questions
    • No out of the ordinary questions, just make sure you know about the organization and the industry.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PitchBook.

The initial communication was started with a current employee I have known for several years. I had three interviews with the team and my initial perception was that the people at PitchBook are incredibly smart, focused and friendly. This was confirmed as I have been working with the company for close to a year now. The office culture can't be beat and the location is amazing.

Interview Questions
    • Do you feel prepared to work in a fast paced, start up environment?   Answer Question
    The negotiation went well and I was very happy with the outcome.

Marketing Position Interview

I applied online – interviewed at PitchBook.

Applied online, and quickly was given a phone interview. Phone interview was standard enough -- questions about experience, knowledge of the industry and company, etc. Was then emailed to set up a time to come into the office and meet the team, and that's when things went off the rails.

I provided the HR rep with times I was available, and never heard back. So, a week-and-a-half later, I emailed again to check in and see if we could try again to set something up. Once again, the rep asked for available times and they were provided. Another two weeks went by before being emailed again to make another attempt at setting up an in-person interview, and almost 72 hours later, I've yet to hear back for that, as well.

Marketing Communications Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at PitchBook in May 2014.

HR responded quickly to schedule a phone interview. The HR manager was both friendly and smart and was a welcome change from most of my other "corporate style" phone interviews. At the end of the call, I had a good understanding of the office culture and the job responsibilities and was even more excited about the opportunity to work at PitchBook.

Interview Questions
    • From your perspective, what is the difference between btob and btoc copy writing?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you were on a team, what was your role and what did you learn?   Answer Question

Director of Business Development Interview

Met with VP of Sales and CEO. Very straightforward

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward other than it seemed like they were more interested in convincing me that the company was worth working for than vetting me as an employee.   Answer Question
    Pretty much got shot down on every request I made.

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PitchBook.

2 Phone Interviews
    In person interview with 3 Associates

Interview Questions
    • Tell me everything you know about Private Equity (so vague)   Answer Question

Marketing Position Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at PitchBook.

Started off with the CEO contacting me via LinkedIn, then a HR representative called me for a phone interview. Met for two interviews afterwards, then took a personality test. Had no response from them after that. I called, e-mailed, and nothing. Very unprofessional. Don't have people wait around, just tell them no

PitchBook Response

May 15, 2013Talent Development Manager

We apologize that we missed following up with you, and welcome you to reach out to us directly to share your concern. We strive for a positive candidate experience every time, and would be happy to ... More