PitchBook Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at PitchBook (Seattle, WA) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted rather quickly for a phone interview after I submitted my resume thinking "wow, the recruiter is on point". It took us a bit over week before we could schedule anything because she was out of the office for a week. The phone interview was smooth and very pleasant. Over a week later I got called in for in-house interview with 2 team leads followed by the Director of Research and it was capped with a caliper/personality test. The interviews were very informational. They asked relevant and challenging questions. The Director really tested my knowledge on data analysis and finance based on an analysis that I've done before. My only disappointment with the process is that after the interview the recruiter told me that I will hear back by early next week, but came Wednesday next week I got an email from the recruiter saying that the hiring team is busy and will let me know final decisions "no later than Friday". Friday came and I heard nothing. I followed up next Monday only to be again told that the team was busy and that the decisions will be made soon and I will be informed as soon as possible. It wasn't until Wednesday that I received a generic email saying basically "thank you, but we don't want you at this time". There wasn't even any acknowledgement that I was being made to wait for longer than promised, or that they had not being competent enough to make decisions within their own promised timeline. I can say that the people there are great from my observation. The company and its product seem great, but they really need to be a little more considerate of their candidates.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the table?   1 Answer
  • Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PitchBook

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PitchBook.

Interview

The interview was ok, kind of disorganized. The people I were originally supposed to meet decided to take their time walking back from another meeting and made me wait 20 min. Then the recruiter came back into the room to tell me that they would not be making it and had two random employees conduct the interview. They were very kind and professional. Overall it was a ok experience. Did not get the job, rather a messy email with no professional courtesy, saying that they moved on to other clients.

Interview Questions

• Talk about you knowledge about what venture capitalist companies do.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PitchBook (Seattle, WA).

Interview

2 Phone Interviews In person interview with 3 Associates

Interview Questions

• Tell me everything you know about Private Equity (so vague)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PitchBook (Seattle, WA) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty intense. There was an initial interview that covered my background, base knowledge of the VC/PE industry, level of interest, culture fit, etc. The next step was a series of interviews. There were 3 individuals who came through one at a time to interview for 3 hours all at one time. At the end, there was a Caliper test given that took about 2 hours to finish. I also met with the CEO at the end of the interview for about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a process that I have improved upon in a past position. How did I come up with it? Is the process still in implementation? How would I do it differently today?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Use your past experience and education to negotiate salary and bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PitchBook (Seattle, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

A very professional process. Met with multiple people including CEO, senior researchers and VP of Products. They provided a very clear overview of the position, company culture and opportunity for growth. Came into the office three different days, each provided more details about the role and gave me the chance to really see what a day in the life would entail. The office is also very cool, but it is the people that make the real difference.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a position/role?   1 Answer