PitchBook Research Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 11, 2015

Research Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at PitchBook.

Interview

The interview was ok, kind of disorganized. The people I were originally supposed to meet decided to take their time walking back from another meeting and made me wait 20 min. Then the recruiter came back into the room to tell me that they would not be making it and had two random employees conduct the interview. They were very kind and professional. Overall it was a ok experience. Did not get the job, rather a messy email with no professional courtesy, saying that they moved on to other clients.

Interview Questions

• Talk about you knowledge about what venture capitalist companies do.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for PitchBook

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PitchBook (Seattle, WA).

Interview

2 Phone Interviews
    In person interview with 3 Associates

Interview Questions

• Tell me everything you know about Private Equity (so vague)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at PitchBook (Seattle, WA) in December 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty intense. There was an initial interview that covered my background, base knowledge of the VC/PE industry, level of interest, culture fit, etc. The next step was a series of interviews. There were 3 individuals who came through one at a time to interview for 3 hours all at one time. At the end, there was a Caliper test given that took about 2 hours to finish. I also met with the CEO at the end of the interview for about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a process that I have improved upon in a past position. How did I come up with it? Is the process still in implementation? How would I do it differently today?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Use your past experience and education to negotiate salary and bonus.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at PitchBook (Seattle, WA) in April 2010.

Interview

A very professional process. Met with multiple people including CEO, senior researchers and VP of Products. They provided a very clear overview of the position, company culture and opportunity for growth. Came into the office three different days, each provided more details about the role and gave me the chance to really see what a day in the life would entail. The office is also very cool, but it is the people that make the real difference.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in a position/role?   1 Answer