Pitney Bowes

Relevance Date Difficulty

Customer Service Team Lead Interview

Customer Service Team Lead
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in September 2009.

Interview Details – My employer was outsourcing our department to Pitney Bowes as is the common way for PB to acquire new employees. The host company provides PB with employment history and other information which makes the potential employee vulnerable and with no leverage for bargaining at the table. As a result, I was unaware of my critical value in the takeover of our department and suffered a 30% reduction in pay while doing exactly the same work. PB always stacks the odds in their favor with this "insider" information when hiring. To gain my decision I was mislead in the interview and the Manager of HR promised a promotion in 6 months to a Customer Service Manager role.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe a circumstance in which I had resolved an issue / disagreement with a fellow employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had no leverage to negotiate. They already knew my current salary from my current employer. They knew that I had just purchased a home and could not refuse any offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at Pitney Bowes

Worked for Pitney Bowes? Contribute to the Community!

Pitney Bowes Videos

Pitney Bowes – Why Work for Us?

Connect to your passion. How do you connect? At Pitney Bowes, we believe personal connections are everything—to our employees, to our customers, to our customers' customers. That’s why we're focused on leading a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pitney Bowes Customer Service Team Lead interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Pitney Bowes employees and interview candidates.