Pitney Bowes

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Customer Service Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in September 2009.

My employer was outsourcing our department to Pitney Bowes as is the common way for PB to acquire new employees. The host company provides PB with employment history and other information which makes the potential employee vulnerable and with no leverage for bargaining at the table. As a result, I was unaware of my critical value in the takeover of our department and suffered a 30% reduction in pay while doing exactly the same work. PB always stacks the odds in their favor with this "insider" information when hiring. To gain my decision I was mislead in the interview and the Manager of HR promised a promotion in 6 months to a Customer Service Manager role.

Interview Questions
  • I was asked to describe a circumstance in which I had resolved an issue / disagreement with a fellow employee.   Answer Question
I had no leverage to negotiate. They already knew my current salary from my current employer. They knew that I had just purchased a home and could not refuse any offer.