Pitney Bowes Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014
98 interviews

2.8

Operations Manager Interview

The position was posted for a long time ( over a month), and the time it took for human resources to get back to me was about 3 weeks. I thought that was alot of time.

Interview Questions
    pretty cut and dry. They were right at the number I was hoping for.

Team Lead Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in September 2011.

Email about potential job interview,, most everything was done via email,, which went to corp office in Ct, then I had to wait to hear back from someone locally .

there wasn't any

Project Manager Interview

First a phone interview with the recruiter and then a face to face with the hiring manger. Then an interview with the one up manager. The time between interviews seemed like a lot but was not unexpected.

Intern Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Met with the two potential bosses had a relaxed conversation.

Interview Questions
    • How would you insert a new supply chain into a software problem?   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Senior Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Danbury, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Danbury, CT

I interviewed through a staffing agency - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in April 2014.

45 minute conversation about the company and its change of direction, from the last time I consulted there

Not Applicable Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Black hole after the interview with internal recruiter was completed, not even a rejection email

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in April 2011.

This process was good because the recruiter was a nice guy and helpful

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took 4 days - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2010.

Met a manager at a career fair. Set up an interview at the office location. Met with the Director of office for 1st interview. Briefly met the VP of Sales- He was in the office that day. Then 2nd interview. Received offer for employment. Needed to take drug test and background check which takes about 2 weeks for everything to clear.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember most difficult question. The interviews at that time were more behavioral based interviews. Later the interviews also had a brief presentation or sales/call component to it. It may depend on the office.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation - everyone starts at the same salary and then works up the ladder. Some of the larger metro area districts had a sales position that starts at a higher base with a higher quota and you must present W2 with an income over 100K from the previous year to qualify for that position.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

First round (30 min)- Taken by HR, understanding how much relevant experience is there
    Second round(1 hr)- By hiring manager, asking about past experience and see if candidate fits
    Third round - F2F (4hrs)- taken the 4-5 different members of the team, each interviewer focused on a certain aspect of the job responsibility. Such as , first one concentrated on Testing basics and best practices, other focused on agile, next focused on automation, etc. One round of extensive behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Wait time was very very long. Had to follow up extensively.   Answer Question

Learning and Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in November 2013.

The process was long and repetitive. It took several months to conduct all phone interviews and ended with an on site meeting. I fully expected a decision at that meeting but it was held off for several more weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I was placed in an uncomfortable situation by being asked to reveal the level of commitment on the project of another team member. I didn't think this was professional.   Answer Question
    Excellent. The HR person did a great job at understanding requirements and how to place me into them.

Worked for Pitney Bowes? Contribute to the Community!