Pitney Bowes

73 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Executive Interview

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in April 2011.

Interview Details – This process was good because the recruiter was a nice guy and helpful

Interview Question – Spin selling role playing   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2010.

Interview Details – Met a manager at a career fair. Set up an interview at the office location. Met with the Director of office for 1st interview. Briefly met the VP of Sales- He was in the office that day. Then 2nd interview. Received offer for employment. Needed to take drug test and background check which takes about 2 weeks for everything to clear.

Interview Question – I do not remember most difficult question. The interviews at that time were more behavioral based interviews. Later the interviews also had a brief presentation or sales/call component to it. It may depend on the office.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation - everyone starts at the same salary and then works up the ladder. Some of the larger metro area districts had a sales position that starts at a higher base with a higher quota and you must present W2 with an income over 100K from the previous year to qualify for that position.

Learning and Development Consultant Interview

Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in November 2013.

Interview Details – The process was long and repetitive. It took several months to conduct all phone interviews and ended with an on site meeting. I fully expected a decision at that meeting but it was held off for several more weeks.

Interview Question – I was placed in an uncomfortable situation by being asked to reveal the level of commitment on the project of another team member. I didn't think this was professional.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Excellent. The HR person did a great job at understanding requirements and how to place me into them.

Territory Sales Interview

Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in March 2010.

Interview Details – Was a good experience overall. It lasted well over an hour.

Interview Question – How long do you expect to work for this company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Just setting up a start date and waiting on the on the back ground check.

Very Easy Interview

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in April 2010.

Interview Details – Meet with senior technician and manager. Talked about electrical, mechanical and pneumatic systems. Job hours and overtime. Went to different sites to look at equipment. Gave my concerns about older equipment and availability of parts. Talked with customers about Pitney Bowes and their service.

Interview Question – After hours support and weekend duties.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple.

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Albany, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in December 2013.

Interview Details – As someone who did the hiring and interviews, or someone who was interviewed? Hiring would be digging into the past troubles and how they were handled. Trouble shooting for any thing is as important as knowing your product.

Interview Question – My boss once asked me if "the customer is always right".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They liked my answer so I asked them the same thing back and they had no answer. It was all mine from then on.

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Customer Service Representative I
Washington, DC

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in February 2009.

Interview Details – Very lengthy they use a 3rd party who in turns has you do all the leg work. Tracking down references, transcripts etc..

Interview Question – Tell me about an experience with a difficult customer and what you did to resolve it   View Answer

Negotiation Details – None Pitney has a set starting salary for all positions.

Customer Service Team Lead Interview

Customer Service Team Lead
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in September 2009.

Interview Details – My employer was outsourcing our department to Pitney Bowes as is the common way for PB to acquire new employees. The host company provides PB with employment history and other information which makes the potential employee vulnerable and with no leverage for bargaining at the table. As a result, I was unaware of my critical value in the takeover of our department and suffered a 30% reduction in pay while doing exactly the same work. PB always stacks the odds in their favor with this "insider" information when hiring. To gain my decision I was mislead in the interview and the Manager of HR promised a promotion in 6 months to a Customer Service Manager role.

Interview Question – I was asked to describe a circumstance in which I had resolved an issue / disagreement with a fellow employee.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had no leverage to negotiate. They already knew my current salary from my current employer. They knew that I had just purchased a home and could not refuse any offer.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Sales Account Manager
Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in June 2012.

Interview Details – Interview process was fairly painless. Two interviews, that were helpful and insightful in learning the aspects of the job. Hiring manager was great. HR non-existent.

Interview Question – Most difficult aspect of getting hired was the background check. Only place I have ever worked that wanted copies of my diplomas and actual tax returns to prove salary. Even thought the base salary for this position was about one third of what I had been making.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – NO negotiation. Vacation was take it if you think you can.

Receptionist Interview

Receptionist
Redmond, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in October 2013.

Interview Details – First contact I received from them was a phone screening, this was about 3 weeks after submitting my resume and letters of recommendation to their web site. I was asked to attend an interview in 1 week.

I arrived at the interview and found it to be a "job fair" in which 10 ladies were at, we all thought it odd. I was called back to my individual interview with a very nice lady. She asked me behavioral and situation questions "Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult customer?" Tell me your favorite type of boss? Tell me about your most recent boss? How have you handled conflict in a team setting? Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a customer?" Anyways, this went on for about an hour. She asked me to stay for a 2nd interview right away so I stayed.

Half an hour later, I was met by the hiring manager and she took me back for more of an abilities test. She ran the computer while I had to tell her what to click and what to type, it was odd, but it forced me to prove I could open an email, compose an email, open outlook, schedule a meeting via outlook calendar ect. So then I was sent home.

I got another call a week later to come to a 3rd interview. So I show up to that one and find about 6 ladies in the same room. This interview was 6 hours long and the group stayed together. We role played being the customer and the receptionist, we learned how to register a visitor's car. We took a tour of the actual buildings and met one of the real receptionists on campus. We then finished up with all of us demonstrating our ability to schedule a meeting via outlook 2013. They were graceful about most of us having never used this version since the look of it has drastically changed. I was told I would hear back within a week, I was called the very next day with my offer. At that point begins your drug testing (pee in a cup at a testing center) and background checks. The information you gave about your work history better be perfect down to the month and up to date supervisor contact info or they send you an email that they can't verify your employment history and you better send them documentation proving your work history. This part of the process took 2 weeks. Over all from start to finish, it took 7 weeks to actually start my first day.

Interview Question – During the 2nd interview, I was asked to actually write an e-mail to the woman that just interviewed me in the 1st interview. The hiring manager says "and what was her name?" in a sly way. Then the lady typed as I told her what to type, I dictated a thank you letter.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, not even a time to ask questions, I still don't know if I can get a day off here and there--since I am hourly and non-benefited means I work year round. I feel like a product they farm out to bigger companies, they don't really care about me. This is evidenced by the large amount of us they hired at once and that I still haven't gotten my questions answered.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pitney Bowes

Worked for Pitney Bowes? Contribute to the Community!

Pitney Bowes Videos

Pitney Bowes – Why Work for Us?

Connect to your passion. How do you connect? At Pitney Bowes, we believe personal connections are everything—to our employees, to our customers, to our customers' customers. That’s why we're focused on leading a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pitney Bowes interview questions and advice. All 73 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pitney Bowes employees and interview candidates.