Pitney Bowes

Relevance Date Difficulty

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

Interviewed at Pitney Bowes

Interview Details – First a phone interview with the recruiter and then a face to face with the hiring manger. Then an interview with the one up manager. The time between interviews seemed like a lot but was not unexpected.

Interview Question – Most of the questions were expected.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview Details – Met with the two potential bosses had a relaxed conversation.

Interview Question – How would you insert a new supply chain into a software problem?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Senior Developer Interview

Senior Developer
Danbury, CT

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in April 2014.

Interview Details – 45 minute conversation about the company and its change of direction, from the last time I consulted there

Interview Question – Amount of required overtime   View Answer

Not Applicable Interview

Not Applicable

I applied online and interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview Details – Black hole after the interview with internal recruiter was completed, not even a rejection email

Interview Question – no unexpected questions   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in April 2011.

Interview Details – This process was good because the recruiter was a nice guy and helpful

Interview Question – Spin selling role playing   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2010.

Interview Details – Met a manager at a career fair. Set up an interview at the office location. Met with the Director of office for 1st interview. Briefly met the VP of Sales- He was in the office that day. Then 2nd interview. Received offer for employment. Needed to take drug test and background check which takes about 2 weeks for everything to clear.

Interview Question – I do not remember most difficult question. The interviews at that time were more behavioral based interviews. Later the interviews also had a brief presentation or sales/call component to it. It may depend on the office.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation - everyone starts at the same salary and then works up the ladder. Some of the larger metro area districts had a sales position that starts at a higher base with a higher quota and you must present W2 with an income over 100K from the previous year to qualify for that position.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Senior QA Engineer
Austin, TX

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview Details – First round (30 min)- Taken by HR, understanding how much relevant experience is there
Second round(1 hr)- By hiring manager, asking about past experience and see if candidate fits
Third round - F2F (4hrs)- taken the 4-5 different members of the team, each interviewer focused on a certain aspect of the job responsibility. Such as , first one concentrated on Testing basics and best practices, other focused on agile, next focused on automation, etc. One round of extensive behavioral interview.

Interview Question – Wait time was very very long. Had to follow up extensively.   Answer Question

Learning and Development Consultant Interview

Learning and Development Consultant
Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in November 2013.

Interview Details – The process was long and repetitive. It took several months to conduct all phone interviews and ended with an on site meeting. I fully expected a decision at that meeting but it was held off for several more weeks.

Interview Question – I was placed in an uncomfortable situation by being asked to reveal the level of commitment on the project of another team member. I didn't think this was professional.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Excellent. The HR person did a great job at understanding requirements and how to place me into them.

Territory Sales Interview

Territory Sales
Wichita, KS

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in March 2010.

Interview Details – Was a good experience overall. It lasted well over an hour.

Interview Question – How long do you expect to work for this company.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Just setting up a start date and waiting on the on the back ground check.

Very Easy Interview

Field Service Engineer Interview

Field Service Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in April 2010.

Interview Details – Meet with senior technician and manager. Talked about electrical, mechanical and pneumatic systems. Job hours and overtime. Went to different sites to look at equipment. Gave my concerns about older equipment and availability of parts. Talked with customers about Pitney Bowes and their service.

Interview Question – After hours support and weekend duties.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Very simple.

Worked for Pitney Bowes? Contribute to the Community!