Pitney Bowes

Very Difficult Interview

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager
Albany, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in December 2013.

Interview Details – As someone who did the hiring and interviews, or someone who was interviewed? Hiring would be digging into the past troubles and how they were handled. Trouble shooting for any thing is as important as knowing your product.

Interview Question – My boss once asked me if "the customer is always right".   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They liked my answer so I asked them the same thing back and they had no answer. It was all mine from then on.

Inside Sales Client Manager Interview

Spokane, WA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in May 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume for review. Within three days I was emailed by a representative that I was to be interviewed within the week by Pitney Bowes. The interview took place on my school campus in a board room and was proctored by three different people: a department supervisor, a recruiter, and the site manager.
First questions were all related to my personal resume and for further understanding and drill down of my responses.
The questions that followed related to the job and its requirements as well as inquiries into how I saw myself fulfilling the needs of the position.
After questioning I was surprised that the manager began to open up very candidly about the coming changes and possible bumps in the road I would sense during training and after being hired on.
Once we all discussed the new face of the company, they began explaining the compensation and what to expect in terms of culture and experience.
Overall I truly enjoyed their natural and non threatening approach to interviewing and felt more confidant about the company after meeting three upper-level employees.

Interview Question – How do you feel about organizational change? We are having an identity change and things will be messy!   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no need to negotiate. The benefits and compensation was well beyond what I wanted or needed. Couldn't have asked for anything better!

QA Interview

Interviewed at Pitney Bowes

Interview Details – Online test->technical Interview->managerial interview->HR discussion

Interview Question – Their online test is quite confusing   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview Details – Phone Interview followed by an interview with the Director of Sales and a Sales Manager.

Interview Question – None that really stick out.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation

Team Lead Interview

Delhi (India)

The process took a day - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in May 2011.

Interview Details – Tough technical interview
More that 2 rounds

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in August 2008.

Interview Details – The interview was challenging they had a variety of people there to ask questions from all differnt levels. I did two interview one was with a supervisor and associates and the other was with two managers. The first interview they ask the basic questions that were very easy to answer more about relational things. This department had been torn apart by the previous supervisor. The interview with the manager was more about how you would lead and motivate a team.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe a manager, coach and a leader and which one are you and why?   Answer Question
  • How would you deal with a interpersonal relationship between two associates?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes you could negotiate with them the amount that I was able to increase it was smaller than I had hoped for but worth asking for.

Technical Lead Interview

New Delhi (India)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in October 2008.

Interview Details – I was called by some consultant for face to face session. I reached on time around 11:00 AM in morning. As I applied for Sr. Role I was taken to interviewer immediately. As expected it started up about my previous job and then interviewer entered into technical mode.

I would say quite gruelling in C++ and other stuff.. As in design problems there could be several approaches. It last around 2 hrs and then I was asked to wait. I thought I did pretty bad and I should leave. But HR called me after 30 min and told that I will get call from UK on the same around 3:30 PM. I got call from Dev Manager from UK at scheduled time. He told me that his boss will also call in next 15 min. Both interviews were based on soft skills.

After that no contact from PB guys and three days after got call from HR that they are offering me what I asked.

Interview Questions

• If you are reallocating memory in C whole data can not be contained in one virtual memory page. How will you avoid it?   View Answer
  • Implementing Virtual function mechanism in C.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I got whatever i asked but i think one should negotiate on salary well.

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, phone interview, 2 in person interviews and final stage is a sales presentation.

Manager Talent Acquisitions Interview

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview Details – The interview process is long and intense. I have done 2 telephone and 1 one on one and I am not done yet. My final interview consist of 2 hours. Need to really prepare, take the time to research and have a lot of patience.

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions were your expected interview questions, but one of the interviewer used a significant amount of situational questions and senarious.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Harlow, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in February 2009.

Interview Details – Thee hiring and interview process went on for far too long. I had to attend two interviews at their Harlow offices and coming from South Wales, this was a bit of a trek. In between I had to complete a lengthy exercise on Excel, a personality test and a maths test.

Interview Question – How would you deal with a complex and demanding client query at 5pm on a Friday?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pitney Bowes

Worked for Pitney Bowes? Contribute to the Community!

Pitney Bowes Videos

Pitney Bowes – Why Work for Us?

Connect to your passion. How do you connect? At Pitney Bowes, we believe personal connections are everything—to our employees, to our customers, to our customers' customers. That’s why we're focused on leading a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pitney Bowes interview questions and advice. All 73 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pitney Bowes employees and interview candidates.