Pitney Bowes

2.8

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Pitney Bowes in December 2013.

As someone who did the hiring and interviews, or someone who was interviewed? Hiring would be digging into the past troubles and how they were handled. Trouble shooting for any thing is as important as knowing your product.

Interview Questions
    • My boss once asked me if "the customer is always right".   View Answer
    They liked my answer so I asked them the same thing back and they had no answer. It was all mine from then on.

Advisory Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Noida (India)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Hiring process was smooth. There are five rounds of Interview- one online, 2 Technical, One Managerial and Director Round, Final HR Round, The People here are very professional and Work Environment is very good.

Interview Questions
    • Technical Questions included: Bug Life Cycle, Automation Framework, QTP Scripts etc   Answer Question

Learning and Development Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in November 2013.

The process was long and repetitive. It took several months to conduct all phone interviews and ended with an on site meeting. I fully expected a decision at that meeting but it was held off for several more weeks.

Interview Questions
    • I was placed in an uncomfortable situation by being asked to reveal the level of commitment on the project of another team member. I didn't think this was professional.   Answer Question
    Excellent. The HR person did a great job at understanding requirements and how to place me into them.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes.

First round (30 min)- Taken by HR, understanding how much relevant experience is there
    Second round(1 hr)- By hiring manager, asking about past experience and see if candidate fits
    Third round - F2F (4hrs)- taken the 4-5 different members of the team, each interviewer focused on a certain aspect of the job responsibility. Such as , first one concentrated on Testing basics and best practices, other focused on agile, next focused on automation, etc. One round of extensive behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Wait time was very very long. Had to follow up extensively.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Exactly the same as the other interview summary on glassdoor, exactly. Three phone call interviews (general, technical interview, case/behavioral interview. Then invited to an in-person interview that involved working on a case study and giving a presentation. All feedback was positive and then received a courteous, scripted rejection letter from a general HR representative.

Interview Questions
    • Case study that combined information management and logistics. Asked to present on how you would go about the case if you were a business analyst (methodology, tools, resources, financials, determining factors for implementation)   Answer Question

Director Web Strategy Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2009.

After the application was submitted, the initial steps consisted of a series of phone screens by a recruiter, the hiring manager and that person's boss. All these calls lasted about 1 hour and took place within the timespan of about a week and a half. Each phonescreen was dependent on the satisfaction of the previous call. After these calls they invited me to come up for a day for a series of face to face meetings with the same people as I spoke to on the phone, as well as a number of direct reports. But before those neetings they asked me to complete an online personality test and a formal application document granting them permission to carry out a range of backgroundchecks.

Interview Questions
    • How would you be able to sell your plans to our management   Answer Question

Professional Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in March 2008.

The interview process was very accellerated. The position was open for an extended period and there was confusion with HR about what type of person was needed. There was a 3 hour telephone interview ranging from basic questions to very detailed answers concerning associate performance issues, troubeled account management and in depth understanding of field service issues. This was followed up with a 1:1 with a Director of Service that lasted most of the day.

This interview was focused on key accountablilties for service management. Inventory control of service inventory (just in time vs just in case), customer satisfaction issues (respponse time vs fix time) and project management process.

The company was obviously in ttransistion from a "break fix" operation to a professional services organization. Training at all levels had been negelected resulting in poor service. The individual associates are friendly but it is a very closed network that does not welcome outsiders. They value years with the company over ability. Discipline is poor resulting in poor performers being moved around from department to department. The company is resistent to any Six Sigma applications to service.

Interview Questions
    • What do you consider the key expense to contril in a field service operation?   Answer Question
    • If I call your previous boss and some of your direct reports how would each describe your management style?   Answer Question
    Difficult to negotiate. HR does not understand the business. The negotiation will have to be at the highest level. Compare to the competition prior to accepting any offer

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in May 2009.

It consists of general telephonic round of interview Its a simple round couple easy questioned will be asked just for scruitny, followed by a written test which will last for 31 mins no limits for no. of questions It will consist mainly question associted with EJB JMS and JAAS and fw questions from JSP, Servelet followed by one to one personal INterview mainly based on your projects and some basics questions

Interview Questions
    • During Interview They asked for caching levels for Hiber nate   View Answer

Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in August 2008.

The interview was challenging they had a variety of people there to ask questions from all differnt levels. I did two interview one was with a supervisor and associates and the other was with two managers. The first interview they ask the basic questions that were very easy to answer more about relational things. This department had been torn apart by the previous supervisor. The interview with the manager was more about how you would lead and motivate a team.

Interview Questions
    • How do you describe a manager, coach and a leader and which one are you and why?   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a interpersonal relationship between two associates?   View Answer
    Yes you could negotiate with them the amount that I was able to increase it was smaller than I had hoped for but worth asking for.

Technical Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in October 2008.

I was called by some consultant for face to face session. I reached on time around 11:00 AM in morning. As I applied for Sr. Role I was taken to interviewer immediately. As expected it started up about my previous job and then interviewer entered into technical mode.

I would say quite gruelling in C++ and other stuff.. As in design problems there could be several approaches. It last around 2 hrs and then I was asked to wait. I thought I did pretty bad and I should leave. But HR called me after 30 min and told that I will get call from UK on the same around 3:30 PM. I got call from Dev Manager from UK at scheduled time. He told me that his boss will also call in next 15 min. Both interviews were based on soft skills.

After that no contact from PB guys and three days after got call from HR that they are offering me what I asked.

Interview Questions
    • If you are reallocating memory in C whole data can not be contained in one virtual memory page. How will you avoid it?   View Answer
    • Implementing Virtual function mechanism in C.   Answer Question
    I got whatever i asked but i think one should negotiate on salary well.