Pitney Bowes Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2014
97 interviews

2.8

Field Service Engineer Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in April 2010.

Meet with senior technician and manager. Talked about electrical, mechanical and pneumatic systems. Job hours and overtime. Went to different sites to look at equipment. Gave my concerns about older equipment and availability of parts. Talked with customers about Pitney Bowes and their service.

Very simple.

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Albany, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in December 2013.

As someone who did the hiring and interviews, or someone who was interviewed? Hiring would be digging into the past troubles and how they were handled. Trouble shooting for any thing is as important as knowing your product.

Interview Questions
    • My boss once asked me if "the customer is always right".   View Answer
    They liked my answer so I asked them the same thing back and they had no answer. It was all mine from then on.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Stamford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

interviewed at Pitney Bowes in April 2013.

Unbelievably thorough Screening, Interview, Hiring and on-boarding process. A 3rd party vendor gets involved to conduct the background check and drug screen after the Offer Letter is extended. It's a disjointed process from everything that preceded it....and it's a nightmare.

Interview Questions
    • "How do you see our Healthpoint360 Solution Suite fitting-in in the Hospital IT Environment?"   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in February 2009.

Very lengthy they use a 3rd party who in turns has you do all the leg work. Tracking down references, transcripts etc..

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an experience with a difficult customer and what you did to resolve it   View Answer
    None Pitney has a set starting salary for all positions.

Customer Service Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in September 2009.

My employer was outsourcing our department to Pitney Bowes as is the common way for PB to acquire new employees. The host company provides PB with employment history and other information which makes the potential employee vulnerable and with no leverage for bargaining at the table. As a result, I was unaware of my critical value in the takeover of our department and suffered a 30% reduction in pay while doing exactly the same work. PB always stacks the odds in their favor with this "insider" information when hiring. To gain my decision I was mislead in the interview and the Manager of HR promised a promotion in 6 months to a Customer Service Manager role.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a circumstance in which I had resolved an issue / disagreement with a fellow employee.   Answer Question
    I had no leverage to negotiate. They already knew my current salary from my current employer. They knew that I had just purchased a home and could not refuse any offer.

Regional Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in October 2013.

HR was great and set up interview quickly. The interview itself...was 30 minutes of my time spent listening to a Sales Director talk to me about her 20 years of experience in Sales and Management at Pitney Bowes. Very little time was spent on my 14 years of Strategic Account Management and Software Sales experience in same vertical as well as a selling a competitive software solution.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troy, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in May 2013.

Interviewed on campus with mostly behavorial questions and a couple technical questions. Process was very laid back and informal.

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in June 2012.

Interview process was fairly painless. Two interviews, that were helpful and insightful in learning the aspects of the job. Hiring manager was great. HR non-existent.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult aspect of getting hired was the background check. Only place I have ever worked that wanted copies of my diplomas and actual tax returns to prove salary. Even thought the base salary for this position was about one third of what I had been making.   Answer Question
    NO negotiation. Vacation was take it if you think you can.

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Redmond, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Redmond, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in October 2013.

First contact I received from them was a phone screening, this was about 3 weeks after submitting my resume and letters of recommendation to their web site. I was asked to attend an interview in 1 week.

I arrived at the interview and found it to be a "job fair" in which 10 ladies were at, we all thought it odd. I was called back to my individual interview with a very nice lady. She asked me behavioral and situation questions "Tell me a time when you dealt with a difficult customer?" Tell me your favorite type of boss? Tell me about your most recent boss? How have you handled conflict in a team setting? Tell me a time you went above and beyond for a customer?" Anyways, this went on for about an hour. She asked me to stay for a 2nd interview right away so I stayed.

Half an hour later, I was met by the hiring manager and she took me back for more of an abilities test. She ran the computer while I had to tell her what to click and what to type, it was odd, but it forced me to prove I could open an email, compose an email, open outlook, schedule a meeting via outlook calendar ect. So then I was sent home.

I got another call a week later to come to a 3rd interview. So I show up to that one and find about 6 ladies in the same room. This interview was 6 hours long and the group stayed together. We role played being the customer and the receptionist, we learned how to register a visitor's car. We took a tour of the actual buildings and met one of the real receptionists on campus. We then finished up with all of us demonstrating our ability to schedule a meeting via outlook 2013. They were graceful about most of us having never used this version since the look of it has drastically changed. I was told I would hear back within a week, I was called the very next day with my offer. At that point begins your drug testing (pee in a cup at a testing center) and background checks. The information you gave about your work history better be perfect down to the month and up to date supervisor contact info or they send you an email that they can't verify your employment history and you better send them documentation proving your work history. This part of the process took 2 weeks. Over all from start to finish, it took 7 weeks to actually start my first day.

Interview Questions
    • During the 2nd interview, I was asked to actually write an e-mail to the woman that just interviewed me in the 1st interview. The hiring manager says "and what was her name?" in a sly way. Then the lady typed as I told her what to type, I dictated a thank you letter.   View Answer
    No negotiation, not even a time to ask questions, I still don't know if I can get a day off here and there--since I am hourly and non-benefited means I work year round. I feel like a product they farm out to bigger companies, they don't really care about me. This is evidenced by the large amount of us they hired at once and that I still haven't gotten my questions answered.

Director Procurement Interview