Pitney Bowes

Updated Dec 2, 2014
Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

Manager Talent Acquisitions Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes.

The interview process is long and intense. I have done 2 telephone and 1 one on one and I am not done yet. My final interview consist of 2 hours. Need to really prepare, take the time to research and have a lot of patience.

Interview Questions
    • A lot of the questions were your expected interview questions, but one of the interviewer used a significant amount of situational questions and senarious.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in August 2013.

Very strange interview - I was not asked many relevant questions by either of the two people I met with. One of them spent an hour telling me what a negative environment the office was. The second interview was odd as well, several negative comments regarding upper management and the way the department is currently organized.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked a wandering, convoluted question about my work style that turned out to be the interviewer's idea of a joke.   View Answer

Electrical Engineering Co-Op Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes.

It was a 30-45 minute long interview, where the first part of it was mostly your standard behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Then the second half was a few technical questions, nothing entirely difficult, just some basic analog and digital electronics questions and a little design question.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in May 2013.

Interviewed on campus with mostly behavorial questions and a couple technical questions. Process was very laid back and informal.

Inside Sales Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in May 2013.

Submitted resume for review. Within three days I was emailed by a representative that I was to be interviewed within the week by Pitney Bowes. The interview took place on my school campus in a board room and was proctored by three different people: a department supervisor, a recruiter, and the site manager.
    First questions were all related to my personal resume and for further understanding and drill down of my responses.
    The questions that followed related to the job and its requirements as well as inquiries into how I saw myself fulfilling the needs of the position.
    After questioning I was surprised that the manager began to open up very candidly about the coming changes and possible bumps in the road I would sense during training and after being hired on.
    Once we all discussed the new face of the company, they began explaining the compensation and what to expect in terms of culture and experience.
    Overall I truly enjoyed their natural and non threatening approach to interviewing and felt more confidant about the company after meeting three upper-level employees.

Interview Questions
    • How do you feel about organizational change? We are having an identity change and things will be messy!   View Answer
    There was no need to negotiate. The benefits and compensation was well beyond what I wanted or needed. Couldn't have asked for anything better!

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Pitney Bowes.

I got a referral. Brief and unremarkable phone interview followed by an on site presentation I was asked to make. They were almost too impressed with the technological aspects of my presentation which were hardly remarkable and not really the point of the presentation.
    Over 2 months passed between interview (beginning of August) and offer (mid October). Offer included a start date over 3 months later (last day of January.)

Interview Questions
    • What would you physically need to reproduce your presented work. At first I thought that this was the 'trick question' to verify that I had actually done the work when in fact they had no understanding of it (the process or technology.)   View Answer
    The offer seemed ideal as I thought what a great way to start. Sadly, changes in mgmt over the next year killed both enthusiasm for the work and the desire for a truly creative outcome.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

interviewed at Pitney Bowes in April 2013.

Unbelievably thorough Screening, Interview, Hiring and on-boarding process. A 3rd party vendor gets involved to conduct the background check and drug screen after the Offer Letter is extended. It's a disjointed process from everything that preceded it....and it's a nightmare.

Interview Questions
    • "How do you see our Healthpoint360 Solution Suite fitting-in in the Hospital IT Environment?"   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2013.

I called up Pitney Bowes after I saw an ad for hiring. I called to come into a job fair that was happening. Once at the job fair I meet 3 different managers at separate times but all asked the same questions. After an hour or so they thanked me and I did not hear back until a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • They had a role play with me pretending there are a customer and wanted me to sell a pen to them   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in December 2012.

Applied online and received a phone call about two months later to set up an interview I interviewed with the talent manager. The interview was fairly easy. It didnt seem like they were really prying. More of a conversational interview. I was told that decisions will be made by the end of the week about the position and the prospective employee would be starting 1/1/2013. Of course, I never heard back from them. I called and emailed but to no avail. I'd rather them just honor their word as far as getting back to me.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interviewed for a sales representative-northern California position at Pitney Bowes. Submitted resume online and received an email and call from a recruiter in less than two weeks - the recruiter was great: answered all my questions and seemed very enthusiastic and knowledgeable. I eventually received an in-person interview at a fairly generic office in San Jose. I liked the interviewer/manager but felt the less-than-clean office and general subdued nature of that particular branch was underwhelming. Weighing these facts with the overall travel that the job entailed let me not to accept the offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome regarding a customer's personality?   Answer Question