Pitney Bowes

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in July 2012.

Standard interview process. Several phone interviews and then a face to face interview at corporate HQ in Stamford

Interview Questions
    • Nothing stands out. They asked about previous quotas and experience in software sales (insurance vertical).   View Answer

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in June 2012.

Interview process was fairly painless. Two interviews, that were helpful and insightful in learning the aspects of the job. Hiring manager was great. HR non-existent.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult aspect of getting hired was the background check. Only place I have ever worked that wanted copies of my diplomas and actual tax returns to prove salary. Even thought the base salary for this position was about one third of what I had been making.   Answer Question
    NO negotiation. Vacation was take it if you think you can.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2012.

I was invited back multiple times and interviewed by my VP, the chief officer of my function, my VP's peers and other business leaders. It was mostly behavioral based interview questions. Lots of emphasis on HOW I accomplished what I did, not just what I accomplished. I was given quick feedback and strong encouragement throughout a somewhat long process. I, however, was not actively looking so a longer process was actually very welcome.

Interview Questions
    • Why leave (a very successful Fortune 100 company) for Pitney Bowes?   View Answer
    they provided a strong, fair offer upfront.

Database Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in December 2011.

The interview process was fairly simple. The phone interview consisted of a generic HR questions.
    The 1:1 consisted of a blend of technical and behavioral questions.

Team Lead Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in September 2011.

Email about potential job interview,, most everything was done via email,, which went to corp office in Ct, then I had to wait to hear back from someone locally .

there wasn't any

Presorteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in April 2011.

Just basic questions about understanding of United Postal Services business, mailing, stamps, etc

No, negotiation

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in April 2011.

This process was good because the recruiter was a nice guy and helpful

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in December 2010.

1.1 interview with manager went really well. Manager was very knowledgeable and enjoyed the interview.

Customer Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plainfield, IN

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in December 2010.

I applied online and was called within 2 weeks to set up a 1:1 interview with the hiring director. Within three days I met him at a hotel near to the job site. There were other people there interviewing for various positions. The interview went very well. So much so that I was asked to complete a phone interview 2 days before Christmas with the Regional VP. This call also went well and I was told they would be in contact. I followed up with thank you letters to both people with which I interviewed. Since I was advised that a decision was going to be made within the next two weeks, I waited for some form of contact. I called after three weeks from my interview date to follow up, yet had to leave a message. To date, it is now the middle of March, I have had no contact from them one way or another. This is very disappointing since I had gotten so far in the interview process. The lack of follow through makes me wonder how either this company or this Director would treat their/his employees.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you directed a project from inception to implementation.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in October 2010.

Standard initial phone interview which then led to in-person meetings. The in-person consisted of 1:1 with hiring manager, other team members and also group interview to provide breakdown and analysis of the case studies. Expect to complete 2-3 case studies during the in-person sitting. Process can be laborious and the company looks to get as much feedback about their current services and products as they can out of candidates. It's somewhat of a fishing expedition.

Interview Questions
    • Candidates were given spreadsheets with financials on different business lines and then asked to prioritize which line of business to focus on and which to cut.   View Answer