Pitney Bowes

95 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Systems Customer Service Representative Interview

Systems Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2009.

Interview Details – Supervisor called me in, showed me around, told me about the position, and made me an offer within an hour.

Interview Question – None. However, it was made very clear that the position required complete flexibility regarding shift and weekend work.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They do not allow negotiation.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Recruiting Coordinator
Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online and received a phone call about two months later to set up an interview I interviewed with the talent manager. The interview was fairly easy. It didnt seem like they were really prying. More of a conversational interview. I was told that decisions will be made by the end of the week about the position and the prospective employee would be starting 1/1/2013. Of course, I never heard back from them. I called and emailed but to no avail. I'd rather them just honor their word as far as getting back to me.

Interview Question – Nothing really hard.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Stamford, CT

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2012.

Interview Details – I was invited back multiple times and interviewed by my VP, the chief officer of my function, my VP's peers and other business leaders. It was mostly behavioral based interview questions. Lots of emphasis on HOW I accomplished what I did, not just what I accomplished. I was given quick feedback and strong encouragement throughout a somewhat long process. I, however, was not actively looking so a longer process was actually very welcome.

Interview Question – Why leave (a very successful Fortune 100 company) for Pitney Bowes?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they provided a strong, fair offer upfront.

Sales Representative Interview

Sales Representative
San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes.

Interview Details – Interviewed for a sales representative-northern California position at Pitney Bowes. Submitted resume online and received an email and call from a recruiter in less than two weeks - the recruiter was great: answered all my questions and seemed very enthusiastic and knowledgeable. I eventually received an in-person interview at a fairly generic office in San Jose. I liked the interviewer/manager but felt the less-than-clean office and general subdued nature of that particular branch was underwhelming. Weighing these facts with the overall travel that the job entailed let me not to accept the offer.

Interview Question – What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome regarding a customer's personality?   Answer Question

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

Senior Interaction Designer
Shelton, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2010.

Interview Details – Loved the entire process. Things were very clear and transparent from upfront.

Interview Question – Had to make presentation, and we had some pretty smart people in the audience. Asked detailed pointed questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Pretty straight forward. Had little room for negotiation.

Sales Executive Interview

Sales Executive
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in March 2008.

Interview Details – Recruiter called and asked me a series of questions to prequalify me as a candidate. Had two rounds of meeting different hiring managers and ultimately met with the district director. The interview used a challenging role playing activity to determine if you could sell based on information of the product and the customer that was provided ahead of time.

Interview Question – Why do you want to sell mailing machines?   View Answer

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in July 2012.

Interview Details – Standard interview process. Several phone interviews and then a face to face interview at corporate HQ in Stamford

Interview Question – Nothing stands out. They asked about previous quotas and experience in software sales (insurance vertical).   View Answer

Database Marketing Analyst Interview

Database Marketing Analyst
Stamford, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in December 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was fairly simple. The phone interview consisted of a generic HR questions.
The 1:1 consisted of a blend of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Describe your prior work experience?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Sales Interview

Sales
Lanham, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in May 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was fairly straight forward. I was contacted by an HR person at Pitney Bowes and after talking to that person over the phone. I met my prospective manager for a 1:1 interview and had a good feeling about things.

My interview with the prospective manager lasted 90 minutes when it was initially scheduled for only 30. The prospective manager and I had an immediate connection and I was offered the job a few days following the interview.

Negotiation Details – Pitney Bowes was not able to meet my salary requirements and in lieu of a higher salary, PB offered other benefits which I accepted.

Marketing Manager Interview

Marketing Manager
Waltham, MA

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in October 2010.

Interview Details – Standard initial phone interview which then led to in-person meetings. The in-person consisted of 1:1 with hiring manager, other team members and also group interview to provide breakdown and analysis of the case studies. Expect to complete 2-3 case studies during the in-person sitting. Process can be laborious and the company looks to get as much feedback about their current services and products as they can out of candidates. It's somewhat of a fishing expedition.

Interview Question – Candidates were given spreadsheets with financials on different business lines and then asked to prioritize which line of business to focus on and which to cut.   View Answer