Pitney Bowes Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2015

2.8

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troy, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pitney Bowes (Troy, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Interviewed on campus with mostly behavorial questions and a couple technical questions. Process was very laid back and informal.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Pitney Bowes (Shelton, CT).

Interview

I got a referral. Brief and unremarkable phone interview followed by an on site presentation I was asked to make. They were almost too impressed with the technological aspects of my presentation which were hardly remarkable and not really the point of the presentation.
    Over 2 months passed between interview (beginning of August) and offer (mid October). Offer included a start date over 3 months later (last day of January.)

Interview Questions

• What would you physically need to reproduce your presented work. At first I thought that this was the 'trick question' to verify that I had actually done the work when in fact they had no understanding of it (the process or technology.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

The offer seemed ideal as I thought what a great way to start. Sadly, changes in mgmt over the next year killed both enthusiasm for the work and the desire for a truly creative outcome.

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Stamford, CT) in April 2013.

Interview

Unbelievably thorough Screening, Interview, Hiring and on-boarding process. A 3rd party vendor gets involved to conduct the background check and drug screen after the Offer Letter is extended. It's a disjointed process from everything that preceded it....and it's a nightmare.

Interview Questions

• "How do you see our Healthpoint360 Solution Suite fitting-in in the Hospital IT Environment?"   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2013.

Interview

I called up Pitney Bowes after I saw an ad for hiring. I called to come into a job fair that was happening. Once at the job fair I meet 3 different managers at separate times but all asked the same questions. After an hour or so they thanked me and I did not hear back until a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• They had a role play with me pretending there are a customer and wanted me to sell a pen to them   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pitney Bowes (Stamford, CT) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call about two months later to set up an interview I interviewed with the talent manager. The interview was fairly easy. It didnt seem like they were really prying. More of a conversational interview. I was told that decisions will be made by the end of the week about the position and the prospective employee would be starting 1/1/2013. Of course, I never heard back from them. I called and emailed but to no avail. I'd rather them just honor their word as far as getting back to me.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interviewed for a sales representative-northern California position at Pitney Bowes. Submitted resume online and received an email and call from a recruiter in less than two weeks - the recruiter was great: answered all my questions and seemed very enthusiastic and knowledgeable. I eventually received an in-person interview at a fairly generic office in San Jose. I liked the interviewer/manager but felt the less-than-clean office and general subdued nature of that particular branch was underwhelming. Weighing these facts with the overall travel that the job entailed let me not to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome regarding a customer's personality?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pitney Bowes (Stamford, CT) in July 2012.

Interview

Standard interview process. Several phone interviews and then a face to face interview at corporate HQ in Stamford

Interview Questions

• Nothing stands out. They asked about previous quotas and experience in software sales (insurance vertical).   1 Answer

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pitney Bowes (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview process was fairly painless. Two interviews, that were helpful and insightful in learning the aspects of the job. Hiring manager was great. HR non-existent.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult aspect of getting hired was the background check. Only place I have ever worked that wanted copies of my diplomas and actual tax returns to prove salary. Even thought the base salary for this position was about one third of what I had been making.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NO negotiation. Vacation was take it if you think you can.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes (Stamford, CT) in January 2012.

Interview

I was invited back multiple times and interviewed by my VP, the chief officer of my function, my VP's peers and other business leaders. It was mostly behavioral based interview questions. Lots of emphasis on HOW I accomplished what I did, not just what I accomplished. I was given quick feedback and strong encouragement throughout a somewhat long process. I, however, was not actively looking so a longer process was actually very welcome.

Interview Questions

• Why leave (a very successful Fortune 100 company) for Pitney Bowes?   1 Answer

Negotiation

they provided a strong, fair offer upfront.

Database Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Pitney Bowes (Stamford, CT) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. The phone interview consisted of a generic HR questions.
    The 1:1 consisted of a blend of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your prior work experience?   1 Answer