Pitney Bowes

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.8

Manager, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied online. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in May 2010.

I had applied online through my school alumni careers website and got an email response from the recruiter showing interest in my profile. The recruiter then contacted me and setup a phone interview with one of the folks from the hiring team. The phone interview was rescheduled once. After the phone interview, I did not hear back from the Pitney Bowes for 3-4 weeks. I then was contacted by the recruiter to setup an onsite interview.
    The onsite interview went really well. They asked me about my experience. The hiring manager also asked me a couple of analytical case based questions. The only negative part of the interview was the lack of coordination between interviewees. They had other meetings going on at the time of the interview and I had to wait for a while between interviews.
    After the interview, I heard absolutely nothing back from the interview team, including the recruiter until now! It has been more than 3 months since I visited Stamford, CT. I have sent multiple emails to the hiring manager and the recruiter, but no avail. I am extremely disappointed by the nonprofessional behavior shown by the PB recruiting team.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example of a challenging situation you have managed in your current work position.   Answer Question

Field Service Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in April 2010.

Meet with senior technician and manager. Talked about electrical, mechanical and pneumatic systems. Job hours and overtime. Went to different sites to look at equipment. Gave my concerns about older equipment and availability of parts. Talked with customers about Pitney Bowes and their service.

Very simple.

Territory Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in March 2010.

Was a good experience overall. It lasted well over an hour.

Interview Questions
    • How long do you expect to work for this company.   View Answer
    Just setting up a start date and waiting on the on the back ground check.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2010.

Met a manager at a career fair. Set up an interview at the office location. Met with the Director of office for 1st interview. Briefly met the VP of Sales- He was in the office that day. Then 2nd interview. Received offer for employment. Needed to take drug test and background check which takes about 2 weeks for everything to clear.

Interview Questions
    • I do not remember most difficult question. The interviews at that time were more behavioral based interviews. Later the interviews also had a brief presentation or sales/call component to it. It may depend on the office.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation - everyone starts at the same salary and then works up the ladder. Some of the larger metro area districts had a sales position that starts at a higher base with a higher quota and you must present W2 with an income over 100K from the previous year to qualify for that position.

Senior Interaction Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2010.

Loved the entire process. Things were very clear and transparent from upfront.

Interview Questions
    • Had to make presentation, and we had some pretty smart people in the audience. Asked detailed pointed questions.   Answer Question
    Pretty straight forward. Had little room for negotiation.

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in October 2009.

The interview process was not very difficult. The managers who I spoke with asked the usualy questions. Three interviews in all. I think the management is pretty smart which is why I took the job. To prepare, I would go on the webiste and learn about the company especially the industries theyre getting into.

Customer Service Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in September 2009.

My employer was outsourcing our department to Pitney Bowes as is the common way for PB to acquire new employees. The host company provides PB with employment history and other information which makes the potential employee vulnerable and with no leverage for bargaining at the table. As a result, I was unaware of my critical value in the takeover of our department and suffered a 30% reduction in pay while doing exactly the same work. PB always stacks the odds in their favor with this "insider" information when hiring. To gain my decision I was mislead in the interview and the Manager of HR promised a promotion in 6 months to a Customer Service Manager role.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe a circumstance in which I had resolved an issue / disagreement with a fellow employee.   Answer Question
    I had no leverage to negotiate. They already knew my current salary from my current employer. They knew that I had just purchased a home and could not refuse any offer.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lanham, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lanham, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in May 2009.

The interview was fairly straight forward. I was contacted by an HR person at Pitney Bowes and after talking to that person over the phone. I met my prospective manager for a 1:1 interview and had a good feeling about things.

My interview with the prospective manager lasted 90 minutes when it was initially scheduled for only 30. The prospective manager and I had an immediate connection and I was offered the job a few days following the interview.

Pitney Bowes was not able to meet my salary requirements and in lieu of a higher salary, PB offered other benefits which I accepted.

Intern, Organization Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in March 2009.

Applied to Pitney Bowes through campus recruiting. Scheduling the interview was pleasant. Drove up to CT on a Thursday for 2.5 hours of interviews. They were very engaging and easy resume interviews, but in the last 5 minutes, the last interview tells me "Well, we had 2 slots for the internship and we have made 2 offers." So, she explains that she expected one of the offers would be expected and the other was unsure, but that the candidate had a deadline of the following Tuesday. That they had me come all that way to interview when they didn't have an opening was only the beginning. The interviewer said she would call after she heard from that candidate, and also indicated the possibility of opening up another slot. I waited a week and called the interviewer a couple of times when I didn't hear from her and left a message. Waited another week and a half, and called back, and got her on the phone. She said that he had accepted the offer and that she wanted to call me back but couldn't find my number. (I know I left it on the message I had left for her- in addition to it being on my resume). Anyway, I'm sure this is not indicative of everything that goes on with this company, but this was a very unpleasant and unprofessional experience with this Organizational Development group within HR.

Product Support Engineer Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pitney Bowes in March 2009.

Involved on interview by HR and 2 technical interviews involving a manager and several senior engineers.

Interview Questions
    • What are your career goals, "don't answer by saying advance to management"   View Answer
    took the second offer