Pitney Bowes Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2013.

Interview

I called up Pitney Bowes after I saw an ad for hiring. I called to come into a job fair that was happening. Once at the job fair I meet 3 different managers at separate times but all asked the same questions. After an hour or so they thanked me and I did not hear back until a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• They had a role play with me pretending there are a customer and wanted me to sell a pen to them   Answer Question

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Stamford, CT) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone call about two months later to set up an interview I interviewed with the talent manager. The interview was fairly easy. It didnt seem like they were really prying. More of a conversational interview. I was told that decisions will be made by the end of the week about the position and the prospective employee would be starting 1/1/2013. Of course, I never heard back from them. I called and emailed but to no avail. I'd rather them just honor their word as far as getting back to me.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interviewed for a sales representative-northern California position at Pitney Bowes. Submitted resume online and received an email and call from a recruiter in less than two weeks - the recruiter was great: answered all my questions and seemed very enthusiastic and knowledgeable. I eventually received an in-person interview at a fairly generic office in San Jose. I liked the interviewer/manager but felt the less-than-clean office and general subdued nature of that particular branch was underwhelming. Weighing these facts with the overall travel that the job entailed let me not to accept the offer.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge you have had to overcome regarding a customer's personality?   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Stamford, CT) in July 2012.

Interview

Standard interview process. Several phone interviews and then a face to face interview at corporate HQ in Stamford

Interview Questions

• Nothing stands out. They asked about previous quotas and experience in software sales (insurance vertical).   1 Answer

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Minneapolis, MN) in June 2012.

Interview

Interview process was fairly painless. Two interviews, that were helpful and insightful in learning the aspects of the job. Hiring manager was great. HR non-existent.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult aspect of getting hired was the background check. Only place I have ever worked that wanted copies of my diplomas and actual tax returns to prove salary. Even thought the base salary for this position was about one third of what I had been making.   Answer Question

Negotiation

NO negotiation. Vacation was take it if you think you can.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Stamford, CT) in January 2012.

Interview

I was invited back multiple times and interviewed by my VP, the chief officer of my function, my VP's peers and other business leaders. It was mostly behavioral based interview questions. Lots of emphasis on HOW I accomplished what I did, not just what I accomplished. I was given quick feedback and strong encouragement throughout a somewhat long process. I, however, was not actively looking so a longer process was actually very welcome.

Interview Questions

• Why leave (a very successful Fortune 100 company) for Pitney Bowes?   1 Answer

Negotiation

they provided a strong, fair offer upfront.

Database Marketing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Stamford, CT) in December 2011.

Interview

The interview process was fairly simple. The phone interview consisted of a generic HR questions. The 1:1 consisted of a blend of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe your prior work experience?   1 Answer

Team Lead Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes in September 2011.

Interview

Email about potential job interview,, most everything was done via email,, which went to corp office in Ct, then I had to wait to hear back from someone locally .

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there wasn't any

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shelton, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Shelton, CT) in July 2011.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had about half hour discussion with them. They called me back for an in person interview. I spoke with three different people separately, on person who had that job, a product manager and the hiring manager. They each asked me questions and if I had any. Probably talked about 45 minutes to each of them. They never asked about salary (thought that was odd, but looking back is probably good, they know the range they are willing to pay and aren't going to influence it up OR DOWN based on what you say). They called back a couple days later with package offer. I was too dumb to negotiate at the time because to me it was good money, so I was a bit behind everyone else in the same position.

Interview Questions

• The typical: Why should we hire you? What are your greatest strengths? What do you consider to be your weakness? No weird questions.   Answer Question

Presorteer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bensalem, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pitney Bowes (Bensalem, PA) in April 2011.

Interview

Just basic questions about understanding of United Postal Services business, mailing, stamps, etc

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No, negotiation