Pitney Bowes

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Mail Sorter Interview

Mail Sorter

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in December 2010.

Interview Details – I applied at Pitney Bowes and it took about 2 weeks for them to review my app. Upon review, I had to fill out background information. This took an addtional 2 weeks. They then called me out of nowhere to set up an interview. I dressed nice for the day of interview. When I arrived, I noticed 2 other applicants waiting to be interviewed.

The three of us waited 30 minutes before being interviewed. This made me upset but I needed a job so I waited. The HR rep came out finally and took us for a quick tour of the factory. He showed us what we would be doing in the 'Mail sorter' position. There was no real interview. All three of us got the job and that was it. He told us the next step would consist of them reviewing our background checks and Pitney HR would get in contact with us.

It took them 2 weeks to do this. I called and left messages between that time because I wanted to make follow up and make sure the position was still on the table. When they finally contacted me, I was told I had 2 days to take an online background check and drug test. I barely completed this process in the time given due to Pitney's unfriendly internet base. Luckily everything worked out. I currently work here now as a mail sorter.

Interview Question – Are you able to stand for 4 plus hours?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I didn't try to negotiate because I was happy with the pay and hours.

Worked for Pitney Bowes? Contribute to the Community!