Pitney Bowes Sales Executive Interview Questions & Reviews

2.6

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in April 2011.

This process was good because the recruiter was a nice guy and helpful

Other Interview Reviews for Pitney Bowes

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in March 2008.

Recruiter called and asked me a series of questions to prequalify me as a candidate. Had two rounds of meeting different hiring managers and ultimately met with the district director. The interview used a challenging role playing activity to determine if you could sell based on information of the product and the customer that was provided ahead of time.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to sell mailing machines?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in October 2009.

The interview process was not very difficult. The managers who I spoke with asked the usualy questions. Three interviews in all. I think the management is pretty smart which is why I took the job. To prepare, I would go on the webiste and learn about the company especially the industries theyre getting into.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in August 2008.

Interview consisted of two one on phone face interviews where they ask you behavioral and experience questions based on your leadership and desire to succeed. This interview was focused on key accountablilties for service management. Inventory control of service inventory (just in time vs just in case), customer satisfaction issues (respponse time vs fix time) and project management process.

The company was obviously in ttransistion from a "break fix" operation to a professional services organization. Training at all levels had been negelected resulting in poor service. The individual associates are friendly but it is a very closed network that does not welcome outsiders. They value years with the company over ability. Discipline is poor resulting in poor performers being moved around from department to department. The company is resistent to any Six Sigma applications to service.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you made a difficult leadership decision.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in May 2011.

After the initial phone interview I was asked to meet three individuals from the company, at my arrival in a large but empty office space! I met with two individuals, one from HR and other I assume sales since he did not specify his function.
    The interview was very simple and easy, basic questions about resume, back ground, skills, etc......The HR individual seemed satisfied and started talking about benefits, hiring time and precedures...Then I was asked if I had any questions; to which I replied by pointing out falling sales and company performance in general, my questions were more an inquiry to better underestand what the weak points are and how as a sales person I should address them, by no means sarcastic or offensive.
    Instead of addressing any of my questions the assumed sales manager ended the meeting, stood up and thanked me for coming!!!
    I assume that the interview was a reflection of a corporate culture that demands a "put up and shut up attitude".

Sales Executive Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2010.

The interview process was 1) telephone interview by HR representative 2) telephone interview by line of business manager 3) face to face interviews with potential hiring mamnager and a number of people who would be peers. There was a lot of situational question, "describe a time when you had to..." Their staff was very professional and courteous. The process was run in a business-like and very smooth manner.

Interview Questions
    • How would you describe your relationship with your last boss?   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in May 2008.

The hiring manager called me in for a face to face and it went very well. After meeting with the hiring manager. I did a ride day with a rep in the field for about 2 hours. Afterwards I met with the Director of Sales and was offerd the position.

Interview Questions
    Easy. Know the range and ask for what you want within range.

Worked for Pitney Bowes? Contribute to the Community!