Pitney Bowes

Getting the Interview

7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in April 2011.

Interview Details – This process was good because the recruiter was a nice guy and helpful

Interview Question – Spin selling role playing   Answer Question

Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in March 2008.

Interview Details – Recruiter called and asked me a series of questions to prequalify me as a candidate. Had two rounds of meeting different hiring managers and ultimately met with the district director. The interview used a challenging role playing activity to determine if you could sell based on information of the product and the customer that was provided ahead of time.

Interview Question – Why do you want to sell mailing machines?   View Answer

San Diego, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview process was not very difficult. The managers who I spoke with asked the usualy questions. Three interviews in all. I think the management is pretty smart which is why I took the job. To prepare, I would go on the webiste and learn about the company especially the industries theyre getting into.

Interview Questions

Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in August 2008.

Interview Details – Interview consisted of two one on phone face interviews where they ask you behavioral and experience questions based on your leadership and desire to succeed. This interview was focused on key accountablilties for service management. Inventory control of service inventory (just in time vs just in case), customer satisfaction issues (respponse time vs fix time) and project management process.

The company was obviously in ttransistion from a "break fix" operation to a professional services organization. Training at all levels had been negelected resulting in poor service. The individual associates are friendly but it is a very closed network that does not welcome outsiders. They value years with the company over ability. Discipline is poor resulting in poor performers being moved around from department to department. The company is resistent to any Six Sigma applications to service.

Interview Question – Tell me a time where you made a difficult leadership decision.   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Sales Executive

The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in May 2011.

Interview Details – After the initial phone interview I was asked to meet three individuals from the company, at my arrival in a large but empty office space! I met with two individuals, one from HR and other I assume sales since he did not specify his function.
The interview was very simple and easy, basic questions about resume, back ground, skills, etc......The HR individual seemed satisfied and started talking about benefits, hiring time and precedures...Then I was asked if I had any questions; to which I replied by pointing out falling sales and company performance in general, my questions were more an inquiry to better underestand what the weak points are and how as a sales person I should address them, by no means sarcastic or offensive.
Instead of addressing any of my questions the assumed sales manager ended the meeting, stood up and thanked me for coming!!!
I assume that the interview was a reflection of a corporate culture that demands a "put up and shut up attitude".

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Sales Executive

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was 1) telephone interview by HR representative 2) telephone interview by line of business manager 3) face to face interviews with potential hiring mamnager and a number of people who would be peers. There was a lot of situational question, "describe a time when you had to..." Their staff was very professional and courteous. The process was run in a business-like and very smooth manner.

Interview Question – How would you describe your relationship with your last boss?   Answer Question

Sales Executive

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Pitney Bowes in May 2008.

Interview Details – The hiring manager called me in for a face to face and it went very well. After meeting with the hiring manager. I did a ride day with a rep in the field for about 2 hours. Afterwards I met with the Director of Sales and was offerd the position.

Interview Question – Describe your typical day at your last job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Easy. Know the range and ask for what you want within range.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pitney Bowes

Worked for Pitney Bowes? Contribute to the Community!

Pitney Bowes Videos

Pitney Bowes – Why Work for Us?

Connect to your passion. How do you connect? At Pitney Bowes, we believe personal connections are everything—to our employees, to our customers, to our customers' customers. That’s why we're focused on leading a… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pitney Bowes Sales Executive interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pitney Bowes employees and interview candidates.