Pittsburgh Public Schools Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pittsburgh Public Schools

Teacher Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Pittsburgh Public Schools.

Interview

Competitive, have to be placed on a list for subject area. Many people apply for these positions. Very hard to get an interview. People will pass you on list for graduating from a city school even if they applied after you.

Interview Questions

• What kind of assessments have you utilized for data driven instruction   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pittsburgh Public Schools.

Interview

standard procedures. skills test, onsite interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

none

Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Pittsburgh Public Schools (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2010.

Interview

I had three interviews. The first interview was with the school principal, the district department supervisor, and a board member. It was a basic, introductory interview. My second interview was a sample lesson. The principal and district department supervisor acted as students in my classroom. The third interview was basically an opportunity for me to ask questions about the job and the principal to ask final questions.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate anything.

Workers Compensation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Pittsburgh Public Schools (Pittsburgh, PA) in March 2008.

Interview

1 on 1 interview followed by call back for panel interview. Job offer came shortly thereafter.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Position was on a salary schedule. No negotiations.