Pixar

Getting the Interview

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Emeryville, CA

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pixar in April 2010.

Interview Details – Everything went smooth with HR and I was scheduled a group phone interview with 7 TD's from within the company. The interview was intimidating and stressful, but managed to keep my cool and get through it. They asked technical questions about my reel, so know your work and know it well. Also know what you could improve on it.

Interview Question – Which project (from my reel) is your favorite and what would you do to make it better?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They payed for my housing and also a decent hourly+overtime wage.

Emeryville, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Pixar in March 2010.

Interview Details – Pretty much just an evaluation of your interests, check out any work you've done and give you some feedback.

Interview Question – If you were hired into our company, which department would you work in?   Answer Question

Emeryville, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Pixar in April 2010.

Interview Details – After sending in my resume and demo reel, I didn't hear back from them for a long time, but one day out of the blue got an email from a recruiter. Saying they wanted to do a phone screen. When they sent back the list of interviewers I became really intimidated since they were giants in their fields. During the phone screen, it was very cordial, but they asked very specific and technical questions about parts of my reel.

Interview Question – How did I achieve a certain effect on my demo reel.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pixar

Worked for Pixar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pixar Pixar Undergraduate Program interview questions and advice. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pixar employees and interview candidates.