Pixar

Updated Jan 14, 2015
Updated Jan 14, 2015

3.5

Pixar Undergraduate Program Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pixar.

I applied through my school's job portal. The interviewers came to my school and interviewed a handful of students for a variety of positions. They were very nice. One of them was a recruiter, one was a technical director, the other was an animator.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me exactly what was your responsibility for this group project.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pixar

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pixar in April 2010.

Everything went smooth with HR and I was scheduled a group phone interview with 7 TD's from within the company. The interview was intimidating and stressful, but managed to keep my cool and get through it. They asked technical questions about my reel, so know your work and know it well. Also know what you could improve on it.

Interview Questions
    • Which project (from my reel) is your favorite and what would you do to make it better?   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They payed for my housing and also a decent hourly+overtime wage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pixar in April 2010.

After sending in my resume and demo reel, I didn't hear back from them for a long time, but one day out of the blue got an email from a recruiter. Saying they wanted to do a phone screen. When they sent back the list of interviewers I became really intimidated since they were giants in their fields. During the phone screen, it was very cordial, but they asked very specific and technical questions about parts of my reel.

Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pixar in March 2010.

Pretty much just an evaluation of your interests, check out any work you've done and give you some feedback.

Interview Questions
    • If you were hired into our company, which department would you work in?   Answer Question