Pixar Software Engineer Intern Interview Questions & Reviews

2.8

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Pixar in August 2011.

I applied online and got a phone interview request from a Pixar recruiter two weeks later. She scheduled me an interview 2 weeks later....It lasted for 30 mins with 2 s/w engineers frm the team....They asked really basic questions from C++, and one basic ques from graphics. Also, they asked 1 behavioral ques......while I answered all questions really well....2 days later I got an email stating they are moving ahead with other candidates. I don't know......I feel I haven't been given a fair chance.....dey hardly interviewed me....probably coz they already had some other candidates in mind....they didn't ask me to even explain any of my projects....or even ask me why am I interested in Pixar/that position. I was soo disappointed.
The interviewers were very friendly though......

Interview Questions
  • Difference between virtual and static methods.   View Answer
  • const func, mutable keyword. Tell us a scenario where mutable is used.   Answer Question
  • Dot product and cross product differences and their uses.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a team project , how did u divide tasks...if you lead the team...and how did you plan?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pixar

Software Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Emeryville, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pixar in March 2008.

I got an on-campus interview first with another Software Engineer. They asked some technical questions as well as behavioral questions. Overall it was a 30 minute interview. Then I got a phone call from the recruiter, stating that Pixar was interested, and went on to the second stage of the interview. I then interviewed with two managers from the Tools group. The interview consistent of coding questions regarding C++ and object-oriented design. They also asked me questions about my previous work experience.

Interview Questions
    No I did not negotiate since it was just an internship.

Anonymous Employee  in  Emeryville, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Emeryville, CA

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Pixar in March 2009.

Was contacted by the recruiter, 2-3 rounds of phone interviews, all of which were group interviews (3-4 on conference mic). Half the questions were general software engineering, half were specific to computer graphics.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Pixar.

Had an on-campus interview, then many (3-4) phone interviews with specific teams after that.

All interviews asked C++ questions. The first interview was a screening, and the interviews afterwards were with specific teams. Each team had specific needs they were looking for. One team asked OpenGL/GPU algorithms, and others asked general C++/Python questions.

Interview Questions

Worked for Pixar? Contribute to the Community!