Pizza Hut

Updated Jan 23, 2015
Updated Jan 23, 2015

1.8

Crew Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pizza Hut.

Got a call for an interview 2 days after applying online for the following day. Arrived there 15 minutes early. Interview started after a few minutes of waiting and wasn't even 10 minutes long. Manager asked about 5-7 questions (availability, transportation, teamwork, past experience, ect.)

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of how you were overwhelmed at work and how you got through it.
      What are some hobbies outside of work?

View Answer

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pizza Hut in July 2014.

Simply applied online and then got invited for an interview a few days later. The manager forgot I was coming in for an interview so had to reschedule my interview a few days later. Interview questions all revolved around availability and how long you planned to stay with the company. Manager also asked whether I was comfortable taking orders by phone and remaining calm when customers have complaints. I was informed of my pay (no negotiation) and that I would be ineligible for benefits as it was a part-time job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an angry customer over the phone?   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation.

Delivery Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pizza Hut in October 2013.

Easy, showed up and they told me I was hired it was the easiest interview of my life but what do you expect from Minot ND pizza hut that can't keep workers because of the location and the availability of better paying jobs.

What day can you start?

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Pizza Hut in January 2015.

Well I did the application about a month ago and I had completely forgotten all about it. Well today I got the call to come in any time during the day I showed up around 12 they open at 11 I wore regular clothes jeans uggs and denim shirt the general manager spoke to me for 5 minutes about my availability I was open for any shift since I was not in school. I was very friendly happy and so was the general manager and I was hired on the spot the interview was quick simple and this is my first job

Interview Questions
    And New York City the minimum wage is $8.75 so that's what I will be making hourly

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Pizza Hut in January 2013.

I was looking for part time job. I apply online and then invited for onsite interview. The process was smooth. I was told that they would contact me in few days.

Pizza Cook Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Decatur, GA

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pizza Hut in July 2013.

I applied online, and received a call 2 days later. The interview was easy and fast. It took place right in front of the store. The questions were basic.

Pizza Hut Shift Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Pizza Hut in June 2014.

I got the interview with district manager and was hired at the same day
    Tell me about yourself?
    What would you do if your business lose stock?
    Do you have any skill about hospitality?
    What does customer service mean to you?" "
    Did you enjoy your last service job?"

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you lose sales?
      Tell me about yourself?

Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pizza Hut in November 2014.

I filled out an application online and the same day I got a call back, it took a week but the hire on the spot. you start training which they pay you 7.25 an hour for.

Pizza Hut Delivery Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pizza Hut.

So, at first the guy who's named Andrew, he called me to be there like 3:30 p.m. So, I've been there like 3:00 p.m. First of all, he let me fill a piece of job application paper, and then he brought me to the kitchen(well you could call that Pizza Hut studio) and showed me some thing inside like refrigerator compartment whatever. He did ask me some basic questions which I had condering before I got there. And then he told me he would give me a call soon after, so I just went back home. And later the day, he called me to be there in three days at 5:30 p.m. And again, I went there on time or maybe a little bit earlier, he let me sit on the bench and wait his call. And then, he called me and brought me to the kitchen again and introduced myself to other teammates. Well, actually he just pushed me to another guy, he ordered that guy to show me all work processes inside the kitchen. So, I had to follow that guy, by the way, I thought the only job for delivery drivers was delivering, so is that necessary to know all the work processes in Pizza Hut like how to make pizza and wings? I think that's more for delivery drivers should do! Back to the point, okay, I followed that guy, we walked around and looked around inside the kitchen, he explained and showed me everything that he pointed. However, he was like talking super freaking fast, which I could barely understand what he's saying, I knew he's impatient and didn't even care about it but I still appreciated he spent his valuable time to teach me those things It was done in a couple minutes, the guy gotta to go for a delivering, so I gotta to follow another guy, which was a boy named Justin. He was a pretty nice guy, he told me everything about delivering and explained everything very detailed. He showed me how to cook wings and what sauce to put inside, how to package the food, how to check the receipt and also how to read the map, etc. But unfortunately, Justin left soon after. And now I got no one to follow, I stood there alone and watched people's working, I felt like I was a stranger or something else, it was so weird! Oh, I forgot about some thing to tell you guys, I met the female manager when I first entered the kitchen. I bet she got nothing to do, so she was trying to make some trouble to me, it's her show time! She asked me how to read the recepit and package, and also some background information about myself like education whatever. Indeed, she had some tests for me like normally the employer doing the same interview to the job seeker. She asked me about what if I dealed some upset customers, what I should do if the customers was mad about the delivery order was wrong. I might be too navie about the world, so I replied her I could either tell the cutomers to have the free pizza and I will pay for that or don't give me any tips, or maybe go back to change another one, and she was laughing at me, she asked me how I could earn any salary if I doing that, and I told her I don't need that maybe but at least the customers are happy and pleased. And she refuted me what if they are still not happy, you know no one is perfect. So I can go back and change the correct order, I said. Finally, she told me that I got some language issues and that might not be good to customers. Well, I knew she didn't want me right now because of my ignorance, language, or maybe races, who knows. She also give a test like to point out the direction of the order on the map, maybe I didn't do very well, she was unhappy about that, cause I heard she said something like fired to another girl after that. And I was right, she asked me to have a talk, she said, since I got some language issues that might not able to please the customers, they may need more time to find better candidate, and she would still keep my application. I knew what she's saying, I have been kicked off the job anyway. So, now it's time to go back my house, I can't stay there anymore, other ways, I would be a clown or a joke. The weather is freezing outside but no more than my heart! And excuse my language guys, I'm Asian, I'm still learing English but I need a job as well!

Interview Questions
    • What if I dealed some upset customers, what I should do if the customers was mad about the delivery order was wrong. Point out the direction of the order on the map.   View Answer

Inside Worker/Delivery Driver Interview

These days 100% of the initial contact is through the internet. The stores themselves do not have applications on hand anymore and must obtain you application through their computer system. There is a questionnaire that you must complete online. You should answer this as if you are a die hard Pizza Hut employee first and foremost. You will be lying in many cases, you have to though because you cannot be hired if this score is bad. Again, always choose the best option for Pizza Hut, not yourself.

I have never seen a single person hired from multiple contacts inquiring about their application, it's generally seen as pestering and this person is seen as a risk for hire due to the likelihood of them being a difficult employee if they are hired. In any internet only application process the best action is to physically go in and speak directly to a manager after filling out the online application. Point out that you filled out an application and that you just wanted to introduce yourself. Don't be pushy because this is actually your first interview despite you initiating it, if they like you, you are more likely to get a call back.

Upon your store initiated interview the hiring manager will have their own questions, there is no standard by Pizza Hut here. Availability is always discussed at this point. Be courteous and respectful at this interview. If you are, you will likely be getting the job, they rarely interview and don't offer the position in the near future. It does happen, it's just rare.

The best time for the initial personal contact is Wed or Thurs between 1:30pm and 4pm. This is the time that has generally less going on and most likely to have the Restaurant General Manager (RGM) in the store and on duty.

Interview Questions
    • In the initial questionnaire you should in every circumstance tell the manager on duty. Every answer that has that option is very likely to be that option.   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation phase unless you are applying for a RGM position.