Pizza Hut Pizza Hut Delivery Driver Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2015

1.7

Pizza Hut Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pizza Hut in June 2015.

Interview

The RGM and I clicked as soon as I walked into the interview. He knew what he wanted for his store, and I came to the meeting with the attitude and enthusiasm he was seeking.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Pizza Hut

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wake Forest, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pizza Hut (Wake Forest, NC).

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. The management really cares about the kind of people they hire and want to make sure that the possible employee understands their role as a Driver.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to drive late into the evening and be on-call if someone calls in sick?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bell, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pizza Hut (Bell, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

Basically I called after I applied. The first i went in for a background check and then for an actual interview. The manager asked basic questions. They people there are very nice and helful aswell. Aslong as your yourself and a nice person you should have no problem getting the job. I wad nervous but after i was thought "stressed out for no reason" Manager was super duper nice!

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Pizza Hut?   1 Answer

Pizza Hut Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Pizza Hut.

Interview

I applied and two days later I got a call back to come in for an interview. No questions asked, just basic information like driver record was needed. Then I met with the RGM for orientation or a meet and greet. After all that, I went back and watched a bunch of videos about the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Advice to others: Have a decently running car with decent milage, otherwise do not apply. I put 150 miles on my car in two days, so learn to do your own oil changes!!!

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pizza Hut (Wichita, KS).

Interview

So, at first the guy who's named Andrew, he called me to be there like 3:30 p.m. So, I've been there like 3:00 p.m. First of all, he let me fill a piece of job application paper, and then he brought me to the kitchen(well you could call that Pizza Hut studio) and showed me some thing inside like refrigerator compartment whatever. He did ask me some basic questions which I had condering before I got there. And then he told me he would give me a call soon after, so I just went back home. And later the day, he called me to be there in three days at 5:30 p.m. And again, I went there on time or maybe a little bit earlier, he let me sit on the bench and wait his call. And then, he called me and brought me to the kitchen again and introduced myself to other teammates. Well, actually he just pushed me to another guy, he ordered that guy to show me all work processes inside the kitchen. So, I had to follow that guy, by the way, I thought the only job for delivery drivers was delivering, so is that necessary to know all the work processes in Pizza Hut like how to make pizza and wings? I think that's more for delivery drivers should do! Back to the point, okay, I followed that guy, we walked around and looked around inside the kitchen, he explained and showed me everything that he pointed. However, he was like talking super freaking fast, which I could barely understand what he's saying, I knew he's impatient and didn't even care about it but I still appreciated he spent his valuable time to teach me those things It was done in a couple minutes, the guy gotta to go for a delivering, so I gotta to follow another guy, which was a boy named Justin. He was a pretty nice guy, he told me everything about delivering and explained everything very detailed. He showed me how to cook wings and what sauce to put inside, how to package the food, how to check the receipt and also how to read the map, etc. But unfortunately, Justin left soon after. And now I got no one to follow, I stood there alone and watched people's working, I felt like I was a stranger or something else, it was so weird! Oh, I forgot about some thing to tell you guys, I met the female manager when I first entered the kitchen. I bet she got nothing to do, so she was trying to make some trouble to me, it's her show time! She asked me how to read the recepit and package, and also some background information about myself like education whatever. Indeed, she had some tests for me like normally the employer doing the same interview to the job seeker. She asked me about what if I dealed some upset customers, what I should do if the customers was mad about the delivery order was wrong. I might be too navie about the world, so I replied her I could either tell the cutomers to have the free pizza and I will pay for that or don't give me any tips, or maybe go back to change another one, and she was laughing at me, she asked me how I could earn any salary if I doing that, and I told her I don't need that maybe but at least the customers are happy and pleased. And she refuted me what if they are still not happy, you know no one is perfect. So I can go back and change the correct order, I said. Finally, she told me that I got some language issues and that might not be good to customers. Well, I knew she didn't want me right now because of my ignorance, language, or maybe races, who knows. She also give a test like to point out the direction of the order on the map, maybe I didn't do very well, she was unhappy about that, cause I heard she said something like fired to another girl after that. And I was right, she asked me to have a talk, she said, since I got some language issues that might not able to please the customers, they may need more time to find better candidate, and she would still keep my application. I knew what she's saying, I have been kicked off the job anyway. So, now it's time to go back my house, I can't stay there anymore, other ways, I would be a clown or a joke. The weather is freezing outside but no more than my heart! And excuse my language guys, I'm Asian, I'm still learing English but I need a job as well!

Interview Questions

• What if I dealed some upset customers, what I should do if the customers was mad about the delivery order was wrong. Point out the direction of the order on the map.   1 Answer

Pizza Hut Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pizza Hut in December 2014.

Interview

Applied online to several local establishment (Hi-Desert SoCal), finally got a call from one of them 4 weeks later. They told me to come in one day for an interview, there was 8 people, 4 at least applying for the same job as I. The first interview was with the Assistant Manager. It went without a hitch, simple question scenarios on what would you do if this happen kind of thing. Ten minutes later I was speaking to the GM of the restaurant. It was more simpler that the previous. After the interview I signed a background check papework and want sent on my way. Four days later I was called again, but this time to fill out an Employee application. Started my first day today 12/16/14 and was told will be at least in training for a week or two before I actually do the job I was hired for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

GM told me I would be getting paid $9.00 an hour and I said OK. No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eureka, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pizza Hut (Eureka, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

It was a little bit awkward. Waited for about 10 minutes in the lobby. Then went to go interview in the kitchen. We were both standing. They said they had a few more people to interview and they would call me back. About 1 or 2 days later they called me and asked me to come in and do the orientation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Pizza Hut?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendora, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pizza Hut (Glendora, CA).

Interview

Initial communication - after submitting application online, try to visit the store often & occasionally talk to some of the employees for tips on how they got hired, befriend them and the shift lead or current manager, if they like you (great vibes).. you might get a recommendation. After the first interview, it's good to visit, ask about employment, diligence is great to a certain point although try not to be stalker (hanging outside the store waiting to ask employees/shift managers on their breaks = bad vibes). Be friendly when being interviewed, ask questions about pay, time off, tips, hours, employees, area.

Interview Questions

• If robbed, what to do?   1 Answer
    • If you get into a car accident during delivery, what to do or order of actions?   1 Answer
    • If store is robbed while you're there (even if you're a delivery driver), what to do?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Wondered if gas would be part of pay, they said it was. Although, after awhile I realized it wasn't enough but tips made up for it. (most were small, occasional $10 tip, depends on area)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rockwell, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Pizza Hut (Rockwell, NC) in November 2014.

Interview

Very straight forward interview. It was far from drawn out and she was to the point.I got the job right there on the spot. Very friendly staff and RGM. Not very many job interviews go like this and it's a once in a lifetime type of interview that was this easy going. Usually laid back and very understanding.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Make sure you have day care or someone that will watch your kids on a regular basis.

Pizza Hut Delivery Driver Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pizza Hut.

Interview

I submitted my application, and they immediately lost it in their online database. Submitting an online application might have worked for some of the employees, and it may work for you, but in my experience, unless you badger them into looking at your application then you will never get a call. After I got a callback, they sent me out to an employee orientation where they talked to us about the company and gave us basic information about how things worked. After that, I talked with my local Pizza Hut and they brought me in for their training. I sat at a computer for a few hours doing quizzes about how to prepare the food and deal with customers, and after this I was thrown into the mix of other employees. The interview was not hard at all. I would consider it a very basic interview where as long as you show up a few minutes early, look decent and don't make a fool of yourself then you wont be turned away.

Interview Questions

• I did not experience any difficult questions. I did no interview prep.   Answer Question