Pizza Hut

1.6

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pizza Hut in June 2014.

There wasn't too much of an interview- I just came in and the manager talked to me about what he expects from employees, I signed paperwork, and that was it. He called me in for an interview two days after I submitted an application online.

No negotiation. $2.30 waitress pay with tips

Other Interview Reviews for Pizza Hut

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pizza Hut in November 2013.

I applied online for a couple years actually. I just redid my application online last week because I saw a hiring sign. I picked 2 closest locations. I called one, they didnt call me back, then I ended up getting a call from the other one that week!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself doing next year?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pizza Hut in August 2013.

I filled out an application online and it took them about 2 days to call me back for an interview. The first interview was with one manager and it was extremely easy questions. Just, "What do you like to do for fun?", "Are you going to college?", "What hours are you looking for?", and "Do you have reliable transportation?". Then she went over the job and had one of their best server come over and talk about what to expect in the job. I called 3 days after my interview to follow up and they said come in the next day at 12. I got there and realized it would be a second interview with the head server that came and talked to me and another manager. They also asked easy questions (The managers and staff seemed really young). They just told me about the job again and asked if I'm comfortable talking to strangers. They offered me the job on the spot and I go back next Tuesday to fill out paperwork and start training! :)

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. It's a server position so you get less than minimum wage plus tips.

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pizza Hut in March 2013.

I applied online and subsequently in person. One week later, I went back to speak with the hiring manager while he was working to ask if he had had a chance to review my application. He asked me to write down my number and told me he might call me in a week, 10 minutes after I left he asked me to come in the next day. He seemed quite unprepared when I came in for my interview the following day. He was clearly expecting me but did not have my application and was asking me all of the questions I had answered on it word-for-word and proceeded to write down my answers on a clip board. I got hired by the end of the interview. The manager was extremely kind.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was, "What was your least favorite part about your last job?"   Answer Question

Server Interview

I filled out an application online. Then I got called in to interview a week or so later. Two people did the interviewing, the general manager and the store manager. It was early morning before the store opened, at a restaurant table. They asked if I would be willing to do other positions as well.

Interview Questions
    • What animal would I want to be. What's the last book I read.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pizza Hut in August 2012.

I arrived 10 minutes before my interview and the manager that was holding the interview forgot he scheduled one at the time. I had to wait 15 minutes for the guy to get his stuff together. Finally, he took me behind the kitchen and he only asked me 3 questions. We stood up the whole time and he looked confused during the whole interview. He asked me if I could handle dealing with gays, blacks, Mexicans, and trannies as customers on a daily basis. I thought it was a completely unnecessary question to ask or at least he could have worded it better. He told me that he would call me to set up a second interview which never happened. I'm glad he didn't because I didn't get a good vibe being in there and the other workers came off as unfriendly. Overall, the interview took 5 minutes and it wasn't the best interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Connellsville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Connellsville, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pizza Hut in July 2012.

When I applied, I simply walked in and filled out a paper application. The restaurant was a little dark and outdated, but I let that go. The manager was a very nice lady, but seemed as if she was tired of interviewing people. The strangest part of the interview was that...well, there was no interview.

Interview Questions
    • Oddly enough, the manager that I interviewed with didn't ask me any questions. It was more of a "When can you start?" situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Valley, AL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Pizza Hut in June 2012.

I applied online. About two weeks later the manager called me and asked when I would be able to come to Pizza Hut for an interview. She called me twice and I missed both calls. I called her twice before I could get in touch with her as well, but when I reached her this morning she suggested a time I could come in later today. I arrived at Pizza Hut five minutes early and the manager asked me right away if I was there for an interview. She asked me to sit down in a booth and wait for her to get my application. She offered me a drink while I was waiting. She was super friendly and asked me pretty easy questions. Common sense stuff really. After the interview I filled out a few papers and she hired me on the spot. She asked if I could start next week and gave me a Pizza Hut employee shirt. I'll have to get black slacks and black slip-resistant shoes by next week. She also asked me for my social security card and driver's license so bring those. You will also need a void check so they can pay you direct deposit or something like that.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you received excellent service at a restaurant.   View Answer
    • Describe a time you were discouraged and what you did to overcome it.   View Answer
    • Have you been in a situation where you were working with people you didn't know? How did you react and what did that teach you?   View Answer
    I didn't feel I had room to negotiate considering I am applying to be a server which is an entry level job. Almost anybody could learn to do the work I'll be doing. I accepted minimum wage plus any tips I get.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pizza Hut in June 2012.

I applied online after seeing a sign that they were hiring, They called a few days later to set up an interview. When I arrived for the interview the assistant manager told me about the job etc. The main question was "why do you want to work here"? Then I was hired. This was my first job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Pizza Hut in March 2010.

Easiest interview I've ever had. Typical interview questions. Most were just to get a feel for your attitude toard customer service. Many are "how would you handle this situation?" format.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with a customer who has a complaint?   View Answer
    NA