Pizza Hut

1.6

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Knoxville, TN

I applied online – interviewed at Pizza Hut in March 2010.

Easiest interview I've ever had. Typical interview questions. Most were just to get a feel for your attitude toard customer service. Many are "how would you handle this situation?" format.

Interview Questions
  • How would you deal with a customer who has a complaint?   View Answer
NA

Other Interview Reviews for Pizza Hut

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, England (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wakefield, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Pizza Hut in August 2014.

I applied online and was contacted 20 days after for an interview. The interview was a group one.
    We were gathered in the restaurant on Sunday before opening. We sat in tables and were told to fill out an availability form and then the regional manager asked us some questions, e.g. what's good customer service? And he took answers off a few people before moving onto the next question. Answering these questions shows confidence which is something you will need for this. We then all stood in a circle around the tables and had to tell everyone your name and what sports team you like, if you didn't like sports you had to explain why. After this we remained in the circle and played word tennis. This was to show how fast you can think on your feet and how confident you are.
    We took our seats at the tables again and watched a video on what it's like to work at pizza hut. After the video the store manager explained to us what our next task was and how it would work.
    It was role play. We were put into groups of around 8 and one of you had to be a server and serve the table. This exercise will be 'graded'. How well you do on this will determine whether or not you make it through to the 1:1 interviews.
    After the people who din't make it through are sent home they will separate you. The people who want to work in the kitchen will be taken through to the kitchen (to do what I cannot say as I didn't go through). The rest will sit and do a Q&A with someone who already works there. It is essential you ask lots of questions as this will show you have an interest in working there.
    Then the store manager and //some other guy who I can't remember the role of// will take you off to do a 1:1 interview. You will be called one at a time. The interview process is extremely simple and the only ask a few questions. Customer service is the main target.
    Then once your interview is over they will either let you join the group again for more questions or you can leave and go home.
    They normally contact you within 3 days. They took 2 to contact me.
    However i wasn't successful they invited me back for the same process 2 months after the one I just did. So don't worry if you don't get it, if you're really impressive you'll get there in the end.

Interview Questions
    • Q: "We have something called 'Food, Experience and Service'. Which one would you rank first?"
      A: "They're all equally important but I would rank food first. this is because if the food is terrible they will have a bad experience and probably won't come back again. Service would come close behind because they need good service to have a good experience."

Answer Question
    There were only availability questions, but there isn't much negotiating done.

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Pizza Hut.

After applying online, it took approximately three weeks before i heard back from the company. I was called on my mobile and asked to attend an interview in three days time. The interview was fairly simple and not many questions were asked, two days later they called and told me I had the job. I had to attend a meeting the next day to sort out payroll and I started the next week.

Interview Questions
    • You are going to be waiting on a family of two adults and two children - how do you break the ice with them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Towson, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pizza Hut in June 2012.

I applied online after seeing a sign that they were hiring, They called a few days later to set up an interview. When I arrived for the interview the assistant manager told me about the job etc. The main question was "why do you want to work here"? Then I was hired. This was my first job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dover, DE

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pizza Hut in June 2014.

There wasn't too much of an interview- I just came in and the manager talked to me about what he expects from employees, I signed paperwork, and that was it. He called me in for an interview two days after I submitted an application online.

No negotiation. $2.30 waitress pay with tips

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Connellsville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Connellsville, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Pizza Hut in July 2012.

When I applied, I simply walked in and filled out a paper application. The restaurant was a little dark and outdated, but I let that go. The manager was a very nice lady, but seemed as if she was tired of interviewing people. The strangest part of the interview was that...well, there was no interview.

Interview Questions
    • Oddly enough, the manager that I interviewed with didn't ask me any questions. It was more of a "When can you start?" situation.   Answer Question

Server Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Pizza Hut in November 2013.

I applied online for a couple years actually. I just redid my application online last week because I saw a hiring sign. I picked 2 closest locations. I called one, they didnt call me back, then I ended up getting a call from the other one that week!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself doing next year?   View Answer

Server Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Pizza Hut in March 2013.

I applied online and subsequently in person. One week later, I went back to speak with the hiring manager while he was working to ask if he had had a chance to review my application. He asked me to write down my number and told me he might call me in a week, 10 minutes after I left he asked me to come in the next day. He seemed quite unprepared when I came in for my interview the following day. He was clearly expecting me but did not have my application and was asking me all of the questions I had answered on it word-for-word and proceeded to write down my answers on a clip board. I got hired by the end of the interview. The manager was extremely kind.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was, "What was your least favorite part about your last job?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, AZ

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Pizza Hut in August 2013.

I filled out an application online and it took them about 2 days to call me back for an interview. The first interview was with one manager and it was extremely easy questions. Just, "What do you like to do for fun?", "Are you going to college?", "What hours are you looking for?", and "Do you have reliable transportation?". Then she went over the job and had one of their best server come over and talk about what to expect in the job. I called 3 days after my interview to follow up and they said come in the next day at 12. I got there and realized it would be a second interview with the head server that came and talked to me and another manager. They also asked easy questions (The managers and staff seemed really young). They just told me about the job again and asked if I'm comfortable talking to strangers. They offered me the job on the spot and I go back next Tuesday to fill out paperwork and start training! :)

Interview Questions
    No negotiation. It's a server position so you get less than minimum wage plus tips.

Server Interview

I filled out an application online. Then I got called in to interview a week or so later. Two people did the interviewing, the general manager and the store manager. It was early morning before the store opened, at a restaurant table. They asked if I would be willing to do other positions as well.

Interview Questions
    • What animal would I want to be. What's the last book I read.   Answer Question