Pizza Hut

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Brownsville, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pizza Hut in December 2011.

Interview Details – Brownsville location: Called in to see if they were hiring. Their current RGM had me come and hired me on the spot.

Interview Question – There were no difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – My pay. At a previous Pizza Hut I made $8.65, and this location would only pay me $8.00 - and they did not ever pay me more or any opportunity for a raise.

Shift Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Pizza Hut.

Interview Details – The process was very simple. Not a lot of questions were asked. Just the simple questions about previous experience.

Very Easy Interview

Shift Manager

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pizza Hut in February 2009.

Interview Details – All was directed to great customer service and conflict resolution

Interview Question – N/A   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didnt have to negotiate I was needed and was getting the salary expected.

Shepherdsville, KY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Pizza Hut in December 2012.

Interview Details – Pizza Hut, in my experience, hires Shift Managers both through their website and from their current employees, the latter of which was my experience. I worked as a driver from September through December. Even though this was my second job, I worked extremely hard, always stayed on task, and tried to lift everyone's spirits. Also, even though I did not approve of all of the decisions and behavior of one of our young shift managers, I stood up for him when he came under fire. Unbeknownst to me, this shift manager would be tapped to lead a new store in the area. After I heard him hint that he'd like me to be part of his time, I asked him officially for the job, and I received it, even though his boss was unsure of promoting me at first.

Keep in mind that this culture resembles high school in some ways. Stay classy and professional yourself, but also know that many people - even your bosses - may be a little immature. Have patience. This is your job, not your social network, and we're all a little imperfect and broken. So, give grace to those around you. It's a good idea in general, and (you never know!) it might even help you get a promotion.

Interview Question – The most difficult mission has been the achievement of labor-to-revenue percentage - alongside appropriate service times and the completion of all of the closing responsibilities (me being a closing manager. The closing manager is often blamed or praised for the performance of the store for a given day, since the sales volume is usually high during the end of the day and the opportunity for excessive labor at the end of the day is also high.)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate, except to ask that I could continue my first job.

Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Pizza Hut in February 2009.

Interview Details – Filled out application online, hiring manager called and set up interview. After a week was hired.

Interview Question – What is the worst decision you could make?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – pretty straight forward, explained expectations, accountability and the pay would be reviewed in 3-6 months based on performance.

New Boston, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pizza Hut in October 2012.

Interview Details – I met with the store manager, and this was someone who had the same mind frame as me, a leader, that can give you the opportunity to show off your skills, and excel in to a career. He also asks what kind of leadership can you bring to the teams that we have here? I will provide you with the support and the leadership to make you a successful manager.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where your leadership was a challenge?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Pizza Hut

Interview Details – I submitted an online application to be a server at Pizza Hut and within a few days I was contacted by the GM of the store that I applied to. He asked me to come in for an interview as soon as possible. The interview process was quick and easy; questions included "what would you do in this situation...?" and asking me my availability and ability to do certain jobs. I was hired on the spot after the interview and started the very next week as a trainee. 1.5 years later I was promoted to shift manager and had to re-apply for the position online in order to take the personality test/assessment, but there was no interview since I was already employed there.

Interview Question – All of the questions are pretty straight forward. You just have to know how the company would want you to answer questions, especially questions about certain scenarios that you may encounter at work.   Answer Question

Hamilton Sq, NJ

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Pizza Hut in August 2009.

Interview Details – I was interviewed first by the stores General Manager. This took about 2 hours. I filled out and online application and took math test questions and personality questions. The General Manager then set me up with an interview with the District Manager and this took about a half an hour. I was then advised about 2 days later that I got the job and started 2 weeks after.

Interview Question – What are some qualities about yourself you don't like or would like to change?   Answer Question

Shift Manager

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Pizza Hut.

Interview Details – The interview was good. Just asked about past work experience. Was hired on the spot even though I had no restaurant experience. Was trained a few days latter and began work.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time when you failed.   Answer Question

Chennai (India)

I applied online and interviewed at Pizza Hut.

Interview Details – very very slow process................

Interview Question – written test includes pshycological question   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Pizza Hut

Worked for Pizza Hut? Contribute to the Community!

Pizza Hut Videos

Pizza Hut – Why Work for Us?

The history of Pizza Hut began in 1958, when what is now the world's largest pizza franchise was born. Pizza Hut is the world's largest pizza restaurant chain and is a subsidiary of Yum! Brands, Inc., whose restaurants… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Pizza Hut Shift Manager interview questions and advice. All 16 interview reviews posted anonymously by Pizza Hut employees and interview candidates.