Pizza Hut Shift Manager Interview Questions

2.3

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baton Rouge, LA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Pizza Hut in August 2014.

A brief generic interview followed by a felony and mvr check is standard for all employees. Occasionally certain stores and areas will not hire persons with a criminal history. Be prepared to have all your vehicle information with you when you go in for your interview and make sure your inspection sticker and tags are current.

Interview Questions
  • Are you willing to deliver occasionally?   View Answer
Basic discussions of wages and benefits.

Other Interview Reviews for Pizza Hut

Shift Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Pizza Hut.

The process was very simple. Not a lot of questions were asked. Just the simple questions about previous experience.

Shift Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pizza Hut in December 2013.

Laid back, wasn't stressful. I guess it was good timing because it seemed like I got the job just walking in the door. Was offered a better position. Did it at the front counter, standing up, that was a bit odd.

Interview Questions
    • Asked if I would be interested in a management position, wasn't looking for one at the time.   View Answer
    There wasn't any negotiation, I took the offer

Shift Manager Interview

I submitted an online application to be a server at Pizza Hut and within a few days I was contacted by the GM of the store that I applied to. He asked me to come in for an interview as soon as possible. The interview process was quick and easy; questions included "what would you do in this situation...?" and asking me my availability and ability to do certain jobs. I was hired on the spot after the interview and started the very next week as a trainee. 1.5 years later I was promoted to shift manager and had to re-apply for the position online in order to take the personality test/assessment, but there was no interview since I was already employed there.

Interview Questions
    • All of the questions are pretty straight forward. You just have to know how the company would want you to answer questions, especially questions about certain scenarios that you may encounter at work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Shepherdsville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shepherdsville, KY

I applied in-person - interviewed at Pizza Hut in December 2012.

Pizza Hut, in my experience, hires Shift Managers both through their website and from their current employees, the latter of which was my experience. I worked as a driver from September through December. Even though this was my second job, I worked extremely hard, always stayed on task, and tried to lift everyone's spirits. Also, even though I did not approve of all of the decisions and behavior of one of our young shift managers, I stood up for him when he came under fire. Unbeknownst to me, this shift manager would be tapped to lead a new store in the area. After I heard him hint that he'd like me to be part of his time, I asked him officially for the job, and I received it, even though his boss was unsure of promoting me at first.

Keep in mind that this culture resembles high school in some ways. Stay classy and professional yourself, but also know that many people - even your bosses - may be a little immature. Have patience. This is your job, not your social network, and we're all a little imperfect and broken. So, give grace to those around you. It's a good idea in general, and (you never know!) it might even help you get a promotion.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult mission has been the achievement of labor-to-revenue percentage - alongside appropriate service times and the completion of all of the closing responsibilities (me being a closing manager. The closing manager is often blamed or praised for the performance of the store for a given day, since the sales volume is usually high during the end of the day and the opportunity for excessive labor at the end of the day is also high.)   View Answer
    I did not negotiate, except to ask that I could continue my first job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New Boston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Boston, TX

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pizza Hut in October 2012.

I met with the store manager, and this was someone who had the same mind frame as me, a leader, that can give you the opportunity to show off your skills, and excel in to a career. He also asks what kind of leadership can you bring to the teams that we have here? I will provide you with the support and the leadership to make you a successful manager.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where your leadership was a challenge?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brownsville, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownsville, PA

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pizza Hut in December 2011.

Brownsville location: Called in to see if they were hiring. Their current RGM had me come and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions
    My pay. At a previous Pizza Hut I made $8.65, and this location would only pay me $8.00 - and they did not ever pay me more or any opportunity for a raise.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hamilton Sq, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamilton Sq, NJ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pizza Hut in August 2009.

I was interviewed first by the stores General Manager. This took about 2 hours. I filled out and online application and took math test questions and personality questions. The General Manager then set me up with an interview with the District Manager and this took about a half an hour. I was then advised about 2 days later that I got the job and started 2 weeks after.

Interview Questions
    • What are some qualities about yourself you don't like or would like to change?   Answer Question

Shift Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pizza Hut in February 2009.

All was directed to great customer service and conflict resolution

Interview Questions
    I didnt have to negotiate I was needed and was getting the salary expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pizza Hut in February 2009.

Filled out application online, hiring manager called and set up interview. After a week was hired.

Interview Questions
    • What is the worst decision you could make?   View Answer
    pretty straight forward, explained expectations, accountability and the pay would be reviewed in 3-6 months based on performance.

Worked for Pizza Hut? Contribute to the Community!