Pizza Hut Shift Manager Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Pizza Hut (Nashville, TN) in May 2014.

Interview

No interview process, was promoted to manager from cook. It took 3 months to receive an answer from my background check. I attended manager meetings, and performed manager duties under the direction i would receive back pay but never received these wages. Pizza hut does not care about their employyees!!! Dont work here.

Interview Questions

• If i can manage unruly employees. Was not given any training, except a paper on how to count my drawer. Im writing this so people will know how little pizza hut cares about its employees. Some gms are great, mine sucks, and corporate is no help at all.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Pizza Hut

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Slidell, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pizza Hut (Slidell, LA) in February 2013.

Interview

Interview was not bad. Made the job seeker seem like this job would be a little different. Very sugar coated . very polite. Quick and easy interview. Hired immediately. Came back to see how store was ran . nothing special or singled out about the interview . can't really put to much. Staff was friendly yet competitive.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weakness.   1 Answer

Shift Manager Interview

Interview

I showed up and they knew my work, so there was no interview. Most of the time they just ask basic questions to see if you know what you are getting into.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pizza Hut (Columbus, OH).

Interview

1.) be an employee
    2.) dont be a complete mess up
    3.) have them ask you be a manger
    4.) say yes
    5.) take BS class
    6.) congrats youre a pizza hut manager

I need thirty words for this but there is nothing else to say. It was this easy.

Interview Questions

• Do you want to be a manager?   1 Answer

Negotiation

-We will pay you 9 an hour
    -How about 9.50?
    -We will pay you 9.25
    -K

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baton Rouge, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pizza Hut (Baton Rouge, LA) in August 2014.

Interview

A brief generic interview followed by a felony and mvr check is standard for all employees. Occasionally certain stores and areas will not hire persons with a criminal history. Be prepared to have all your vehicle information with you when you go in for your interview and make sure your inspection sticker and tags are current.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to deliver occasionally?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Basic discussions of wages and benefits.

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pizza Hut in December 2013.

Interview

Laid back, wasn't stressful. I guess it was good timing because it seemed like I got the job just walking in the door. Was offered a better position. Did it at the front counter, standing up, that was a bit odd.

Interview Questions

• Asked if I would be interested in a management position, wasn't looking for one at the time.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't any negotiation, I took the offer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownsville, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pizza Hut (Brownsville, PA) in December 2011.

Interview

Brownsville location: Called in to see if they were hiring. Their current RGM had me come and hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

My pay. At a previous Pizza Hut I made $8.65, and this location would only pay me $8.00 - and they did not ever pay me more or any opportunity for a raise.

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Pizza Hut.

Interview

The process was very simple. Not a lot of questions were asked. Just the simple questions about previous experience.

Shift Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Pizza Hut in February 2009.

Interview

All was directed to great customer service and conflict resolution

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didnt have to negotiate I was needed and was getting the salary expected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shepherdsville, KY

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Pizza Hut (Shepherdsville, KY) in December 2012.

Interview

Pizza Hut, in my experience, hires Shift Managers both through their website and from their current employees, the latter of which was my experience. I worked as a driver from September through December. Even though this was my second job, I worked extremely hard, always stayed on task, and tried to lift everyone's spirits. Also, even though I did not approve of all of the decisions and behavior of one of our young shift managers, I stood up for him when he came under fire. Unbeknownst to me, this shift manager would be tapped to lead a new store in the area. After I heard him hint that he'd like me to be part of his time, I asked him officially for the job, and I received it, even though his boss was unsure of promoting me at first.

Keep in mind that this culture resembles high school in some ways. Stay classy and professional yourself, but also know that many people - even your bosses - may be a little immature. Have patience. This is your job, not your social network, and we're all a little imperfect and broken. So, give grace to those around you. It's a good idea in general, and (you never know!) it might even help you get a promotion.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult mission has been the achievement of labor-to-revenue percentage - alongside appropriate service times and the completion of all of the closing responsibilities (me being a closing manager. The closing manager is often blamed or praised for the performance of the store for a given day, since the sales volume is usually high during the end of the day and the opportunity for excessive labor at the end of the day is also high.)   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate, except to ask that I could continue my first job.