Pizza Hut Team Member Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2014

1.6

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pizza Hut in August 2009.

I applied to the job online and received a phone call a few days later. The interview was informal and laid back, but the manager of the store read my application incorrectly. I could only work as a temporary over the summer, but the store was looking for longer term employers.

Other Interview Reviews for Pizza Hut

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Pizza Hut in May 2012.

I applied for a Team Member position online on a Friday evening and received a call on the following Tuesday for a phone interview. I was expecting questions such as "Why do you want to work here?", "What makes a good Team Member?", "Tell me about yourself.", "What experience do you have in food service?", etc.

Instead, even though I didn't apply for this position and have no interest in it whatsoever, the interviewer asked "What qualities should a Delivery Driver have?", "Do you have your license, insurance, etc.?". I was taken aback, and couldn't figure out why he was asking me questions that didn't pertain to the position I applied for. I do, in fact, have my license & insurance and I'm over the age of 18, but I don't want to put hundreds of miles on my car and not have enough compensation for gas just to deliver pizza's. Either the interviewer misread my application or is in need of a Delivery Driver and was hoping I would take the job anyways.

Another deal breaker for me was that he asked if I was willing to hold a sign advertising Pizza Hut on a busy street corner. Not to sound overly naive, but being a young female, I don't feel comfortable doing that for extended periods of time.

He told me he would give the information to HIS boss, and she would be contacting me within the next few days. I'll most likely not interview for the position in person because of the reasons explained above. It's just not the right fit for me.

Interview Questions
    • Think about a time you had excellent customer service at a restaurant. What qualities made that employee good?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Pizza Hut in July 2010.

I filled out an application online and got a call back with in a week and a half. Set up an interview the next day. She was very nice and kinda of quiet. Asked really generic questions and i was offered a job within 10 minutes. It was really easy.

Interview Questions

I choose to work for another company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pizza Hut in August 2014.

The Application was really easy, about a week later I received a call for an interview.
    The interview was really easy, it felt like a conversation. I wa a hired on the spot

There was no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Pizza Hut in June 2010.

Expect a fairly quick call. The interview is done either in the lobby or in the back office area. Not a hard interview, should be quick and easy. Depending on which position applied for.

Team Member Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Pizza Hut.

All I did was apply then I got called in a week later and got the job 2 days later. It was a really laid back interview and my boss showed actual interest in me. Really took in to consideration all of the activities that I was involved in.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Augusta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Augusta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at Pizza Hut.

I was called in about a few days after completing an application online & was hired on the spot. This is really not a hard job to get. I wasn't background checked or drug tested. You're only drug tested if you get hurt & have to go to the hospital. LOL.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions--just general questions about availability & my school schedule.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Canton, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canton, GA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Pizza Hut in October 2012.

It was a very simple, informal hiring process. I found an opening online, filled out an application, and then called the store and scheduled a meeting with the manager. We talked, and then a few days later I was asked to come back in for a 2nd interview, where I was offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • There really weren't any difficult questions. Just be yourself, and answer their questions honestly.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Diego, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at Pizza Hut in October 2010.

It was a one on one interview and that went about 30 minutes but was great. The manager wanted to get to know and learn what i can do and was very nice. The work place was very neat and lively.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Goldsboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Goldsboro, NC

The process took a day - interviewed at Pizza Hut in May 2012.

The interview took less than ten minutes. I was asked very basic questions that did very little to find out about my personality. However, it was agreed that I could handle the job being offered (server). I was called at 9:30 pm the next night and told to come in the next day at 3:00 pm to fill out paperwork. I arrived at the location only to be told that a mistake had been made and they had nothing available for me. The manager extended a half-hearted apology saying that I should have received a second phone call explaining the mistake. Unacceptable that in 17.5 hours, no one could take 30 seconds to make the second phone call!

Interview Questions
    • What will you bring to Pizza Hut should you be brought on-board?   Answer Question

Worked for Pizza Hut? Contribute to the Community!