Plains All American Pipeline

Updated Jun 22, 2015

2.8

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Plains All American Pipeline (Houston, TX) in June 2014.

Interview

Went through a grueling on-the-phone(2 hour) and Face-to-Face (3 hour) Interview Process. Interview process consisted of a lot of questions not pertaining to the job description. Included a 4 hour non-standard programming test after the interviews, which the interviewer himself agreed cannot be completed in 4 hours. totally confused me on their expectations. This programming test was non-standard, do not know how it is graded. the problem had implementation of third party tools like telerik controls which was not mentioned in the job description at all, unrealistic expectations.

Interview Questions

• 4 hour programming test....   1 Answer

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Plains All American Pipeline in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with four people, separately. All were quite pleasant and positive. Comfortable, almost laid-back atmosphere. Interviews were conversational more than question and answer. A pleasant experience; however, job was reposted a week after interview.

Finance Interns Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Plains All American Pipeline (Houston, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview process is your typical on campus interview process. To apply, you must submit your resume online. The HR department selects candidates to interview from the submitted resumes. The interview is a behavioral interview and asks you various questions about how you have reacted to certain scenarios in your lifetime. Be prepared and know as much as possible about the actual company because this is the first thing that they ask.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with a person not pulling their weight or who were negative, and how did you deal with that particular person in the situation? How did the situation turn out?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Plains All American Pipeline.

Interview

After applying online, got a call from HR after several weeks. Once I was called, a phone interview took place, and two days later an in person interview was scheduled for the following week. Received offer exactly a week after in person interview. Very conversational interview. Felt like they already knew you were qualified but wanted some specific details on your background and to gauge your personality to see if you would mesh with the culture. A very positive experience.

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, the offer was generous and above my target.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Plains All American Pipeline.

Interview

Applied online through university website and got contacted about an interview a couple of weeks later.

Senior Division Order Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Plains All American Pipeline (Houston, TX) in April 2013.

Interview

We went over the duties involved and discussed the position. We also discussed my previous positions and how I felt about them and where I was looking to head with my career. They wanted to know what areas in the various states I had worked and what areas I liked to work.. It was a very nice and casual interview. They wanted to know when I could start at the Company and we went over travel and parking for the position.

Interview Questions

• We discussed my experience and what was involved with the job.   1 Answer

Driver Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Plains All American Pipeline (Midland, TX) in July 2011.

Interview

The hiring process is a drawn out affair. Don't submit an application and expect to hear back in a day or two. Even after the physical and drug screens it could still take a month or two longer

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Plains All American Pipeline (Houston, TX) in October 2009.

Interview

One on one interview at campus recruiting and then it took a long time to hear back from them, maybe a month or two and I got a call back for a corp visit. Main advice, they probably already know you are competent in whatever field you are in, just be sure to be approachable and conversational.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know of the industry   1 Answer

Negotiation

None

Land Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Plains All American Pipeline (Houston, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

The interview process was extremely brief. I had a short screening interview with a legal recruiter. I was flown in to Houston and interviewed by a panel of 4 people. The interview process was very unorganized with basic cookie cutter questions tossed around for about 45 minutes. Offered the job on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Cookie Cutter Interview Questions.   1 Answer

Landman Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Plains All American Pipeline (Houston, TX) in January 2008.

Interview

Long, drawn out, easy to deal with.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate. I suggest the same.