Planar Systems Interview Questions

Updated Mar 4, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Planar Systems

Digital Marketing Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beaverton, OR

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Planar Systems (Beaverton, OR) in March 2015.

Interview

HR rep seemed very green. Asked me questions in phone interview that seemed from a script and had nothing to do with digital content or marketing. Couldnt answer a single question about the job. She decided I was "too technical" to pass on to the hiring manager. No wonder the position has been open for months; HR has no idea what to hire.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand how contract to hire works?   1 Answer

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Planar Systems (Portland, OR) in April 2010.

Interview

The interview process can be long and drawn out for technical roles. They usually take weeks after interviewing three people. The hiring team has to debrief and rate the candidate on a scale of 1, 3 or 7. After the team carefully considers and rates everyone, then the hiring manager makes the decision sometimes with no regard for what the team said or rated.

Interview Questions

• Planar follows the guidelines for "Effective Interviewing" by management team consultants (or at least some teams do). They probe into behavioral competencies by asking open ended questions like "Give me and example of a situation where it was not clear how a project should be handled and you figured it out on you own"   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was determined and offer letter was handed to me with little discussion on benefits or salary. A discussion was lead about the bonus structure but alas after working there for a while it was pretty clear there was not profitability and therefore no bonus given to anyone before CEO and CFO.

Regional Sales Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Planar Systems.

Interview

Applied online, got an e-mail reply weeks later, then got a phone call 2 monthslater and had 3 phone interviews. They checked my references then called me some days later to invite me for a 1:1 meeting.

Interview Questions

• What sales quota can you commit to?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I negotiated base salary, commission rate, quota and contract terms. Advise: be precise, well prepared (know the market share %) and be brave to suggest terms.