Planet Fitness

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

1.8

Client Service Associate Interview

It was very straight forward for a part-time position. The wasn't anything difficult about the hiring process. It's a pleasant environment to work in, however, it does not offer full time positions at the time and the salary could be better.

Interview Questions
    • I don't recall a difficult question. The queries were standard as far as qualifying for the vacancy.   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Planet Fitness.

Interview, cpr "course" online that you never recieve the certification for...1 quick interview...1 week for background check to clear... Training involves a lot of memorizing of sales pitches- judgement free zone and pe @pf paragraphs.

Interview Questions
    No negotiations, minimum wage and a lot of cleaning. They tell you what you're getting into.

Front Desk Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Planet Fitness.

I applied before the location I work at actually opened and was called for a phone interview about a week later. It lasted about half an hour and mostly involved questions about my customer service experience. After another week, I was contacted and asked to come in for an in-person interview with someone else. That one was even shorter, and then I took a tour of the gym. I was hired on the spot and started less than a week later.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you resolved the situation.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation

Front Desk Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Planet Fitness in November 2014.

I went in for an open interview and was asked a bunch of basic interview questions. I gave them my resume as well and was told I will recieve a phone call in the next few days b

Front Desk Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Planet Fitness in October 2014.

After applying online I got an email back within a few days and they scheduled me for an interview. It mostly consisted of scenario questions and it was a lot of fun. The owner and HR manager interviewed me together and it was very laidback and easy. They called me within a couple of hours to offer me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Planet Fitness.

Total process took about one business week. Application in, called for an interview three days later, had the job two days after the interview. Submit the application in person if possible, but most locations now seem to be online only. Call in and check on your application 2-3 days after submitting it. Interview was a super basic review of customer service experience/skills and generic "strengths/weakness" questions. Be honest, be upbeat, and research the company beforehand.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you've dealt with an angry or volatile customer in detail.   View Answer
    No real negotiation. Being a job geared towards students, you take what they give you.

Cleaner Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Planet Fitness.

I had 2 interviews. 1 with one manager, and a second one with another. I was hired on the 2nd days and started the day after. The interview questions are really basic and simple.

Interview Questions
    • Walk into the bathroom and tell 10 things that could be worked on   Answer Question
    Getting the job is simple. I had 2 interviews and got hired during my second and started the next day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Planet Fitness in September 2014.

I applied and was contacted about two weeks later. Once I got my first interview, I was immediately asked to come in again the following day to meet a manager higher in position. 1-2 days later I was called into their headquarters for a more extensive interview.

In those 3 interviews I was asked very similar questions.
    They ask what you would do in certain scenarios (i.e. how you would handle an angry/rude customer, your idea of good customer service). They will ask general questions about your work experience, why you want to work at Planet Fitness and how it fits into your future. They'll ask you about your strengths/weaknesses and what you can contribute to the work place.

Customer Service is a big priority for them--they want to hire employee's who are diligent, friendly, upbeat. If you don't like working with people, or are not willing to exercise good customer service etiquette, this job IS NOT for you.

Interview Questions
    • These questions aren't "difficult" but I didn't really have much to answer; they ask what you believe your least favorite part of the job would be and what your weaknesses are pertaining to the job (what you may find difficult).   Answer Question

Front Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Planet Fitness.

Pretty quick and easy. One interview. I got hired on the spot. They do preform a back ground check. You also have to get certified in a few things like CPR and credit card transaction but it's quick and easy, you do it online and they pay for everything.

No. They pay is pay. The rules are rules.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Planet Fitness.

You will literally go through three different interviews before obtaining a position at Planet Fitness. So far a great place to work as long as you're not lazy. It is far from rocket science.

Interview Questions
    • They will ask some common sense questions and scenarios about working there.   Answer Question